Confirmed with Link: Ed Snider passes away at 83 (Memorial Service Held 4/21)

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
13000176_10153788818123101_3909867127992427836_n.jpg

Neumatic

May 27, 2010
While I've been expecting this it still doesn't make it hurt any less. This franchise will never be the same. Now we will have a soulless corporate ownership.

RIP Ed Snider.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Mr. Snider i didnt respect and admire you because you were a man that was a billionaire...i respected and admired you because you were a good man and a hardcore flyers fan that happened to be a billionaire. God bless you Ed. We love you.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

If that isn't a picture of a proud patriarch and his brood, I don't know what is... and it is a never ending Family, with forever Family members still involved... and extended to the four corners of the Earth and across the Seven Seas.

As Lauren Hart reminded us on Twitter; Ed Snider created and maintained the Flyers and Gene Hart educated the Flyers Fans... We are all Flyers Fans due to Mr. Snider's desire and resolve... We are all brothers and sisters and all his children... Our Daddy has sadly passed and we all mourn that passing, and we shall miss him forever. The Sport of Hockey, the NHL, and Flyerdom in all it's passion will never be the same, ever again.

... As I type I can't help but imagine Mr. Snider, Geno, Kieth the Thief and the Fog sitting around and talking Hockey... and around them are Pelle, Barry Ashbee, Rosco Rabbit, Cowboy Flett, Wayne Sevenson, etal listening and smiling... all with tears in their eyes as they welcome once again their beloved Leader's return.

RIP, Mr. Snider... you were with us for much too short a time... but will be forever with us in or hearts and thoughts... and will be in the lead of the next Flyers Parade as it turns up 'Ed Snider Boulevard' and circles Snider Center... If I had my way, anway... Thank you, Ed. <3

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
At first I was sad Ed'll miss seeing the team when they're truly competitive and dominant (which we can say with pretty much certainty will be the case in a few years). It's nice however that he knew how bright the future will be. And that he got to catch the precursor to it all which started with the unparalleled excitement the first of several brought with him. Ghost really galvanized the team and the city. Really not a bad silver lining as far as the timing.

Did he really? Whoa, that guy is bonified a-hole for 30 years going
With the chip that he's always had on his shoulder about this sport, he must have been futzed with by an ice hockey player throughout his entire childhood. There really is no other explanation that makes any sense. It's bizarre, and personal, with the random disdain that creep has always had every single time the sport was brought up in his presence. Whatever, f him.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I spent quite a bit of time as a kid in various Jr Flyers/Flyers youth hockey programs and even down to that level, there was a universal respect of Mr. Snider that you just don't find very often. It always made me laugh I was conditioned to call him that even though I had never met the man.

While it was certainly fun, I didn't think it was a huge deal to make the playoffs this year. Now I see why I was wrong. Not everything is about the fans.

Thank you for everything, Mr. Snider.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ed Snider is simply the greatest owner in NHL history. What he did in building the Flyers from scratch to one of the league's flagship teams is amazing. The thing I most respected about him is that he valued winning over everything. He was willing to do anything to win and money was no object. The people of the Deleware Valley were blessed to have him, RIP.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kimmo said that he talked to Mr. Snider several times over the past six months and when they were about to hang up Mr. Snider would say "Don't worry about me. I'm awesome, i'm ok and I will see you soon." then Kimmo said that he talked to Mr. Snider about five weeks ago and Mr. Snider ended the conversation with "See you somewhere."

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
All of these stories are the best. I'm going to read Bill Meltzers article, I fully expect to be in a heap of tears by the end. Wish me luck.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

That's an awesome picture. I can't help but say that the whole left portion of the picture looks photoshopped in though haha. Umberger, Lecavalier, Medvedev and whoever the hell that is that's standing directly behind little Schenn. Also where is Big Schenn and Gudas? Who is cut in half on the left? Who is the guy standing next to Simmonds? So many questions.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
That's an awesome picture. I can't help but say that the whole left portion of the picture looks photoshopped in though haha. Umberger, Lecavalier, Medvedev and whoever the hell that is that's standing directly behind little Schenn. Also where is Big Schenn and Gudas? Who is cut in half on the left? Who is the guy standing next to Simmonds? So many questions.

My biggest question is why is it that they are all dressed one way or another in the color blue?... But that is a question for another day.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Coaches.

Mullen (out of the photo) and Dillabaugh (cut) to the extreme left.

Laperriere and Murphy surrounding Simmonds to the right of the photo.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Gonna give the HBO Broad Street Bullies documentary a watch tonight. A lot of great Snider related stuff in there.

RIP Ed Snider. Forever a Philadelphia legend.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
probably already mentioned but very very cool spot on Mr Snider by sportsnet...watching it made me feel proud as hell to be a flyers fan.

so many asskisser management people in pro sports, Ed was an asskicker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad