Confirmed with Link: Ed Snider passes away at 83 (Memorial Service Held 4/21)

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
I've been tearing up all day everytime I look at twitter, but this gave me a little chuckle.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I'll leave the eulogy to those who can better put into words the effect Mr. Snider has had on sports in Philadelphia - and just write this:

Thank you, and rest in peace, Mr. Snider.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Heard the news this morning, was surprised by it, though I know he has dealing with cancer he's just one of those guys you feel like will keep living on.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
It's unbelievable what Mr. Snider has meant to not only the Flyers, the city, and all of us fans, I got the alert this morning an instantly teared up, you never know how completely special someone is until they're gone, best owner in sports I don't care how bias that sounds, but it's true all the stories all the love for his teams and players, he instilled the Flyers family into everyone who has played here, his impact is monumental in the sport, and Mr. Snider from the bottom of my broken heart today, thank for bringing a team to Philly that would go on to change my life and become such an integral part of my own family, the hockey world lost an icon today, rest in peace and hey boys make him proud this post season

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Great story Brind'Amour shared when he was inducted to the Flyers HoF.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-l...der-kicking-down-refs-door-defend-his-players
"I can remember being in the locker room after the game, dejected of what just happened. And as the players walked in I saw Mr. Snider come walking in the locker room. I remember immediately putting my head down and thinking, 'oh please don't come to my stall. Please don't come to my stall.' This was not a night you wanted to be talking to the owner. When I looked up he was standing right in front of me. I remember thinking by the look on his face that he was not happy and that you didn't want to upset the owner of the Flyers. Maybe I had just played my last game."

"He went on to ask me what happened on the ice that made me react the way I did. I told him what happened. I said, 'Mr. Snider, the ref said that the call on the ice made no difference, because we weren't a good enough hockey team to make the playoffs, and that I wasn't a proven player yet to have the ref waste his time talking to me. I should just be grateful for the fact that I'd have a nice long summer to improve my golf game. Before I could finish the rest of the story -- I deserved to get kicked out of that game after what happened -- Mr. Snider tore out of the Flyers' locker room."

"In the old Spectrum the referee's room was right outside of the Flyers locker room. I could hear Mr. Snider kick in the referee's door. He had a little conversation with that ref. In it he said to that ref that he could live with the bad calls. In the NHL, he expected a higher standard. That calls would go for an against him. He'd live with that. But he wouldn't stand for was mistreatment of his players. He said, 'Don't you ever talk to that kid or any of my players like that ever again.'"

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I'll leave the eulogy to those who can better put into words the effect Mr. Snider has had on sports in Philadelphia - and just write this:

Thank you, and rest in peace, Mr. Snider.

Ditto for me, Rest In Peace, Mr. Snider. My eulogy is this: just found out the news. There is man crying over the passing of Ed Snider in a food court in Hamilton, Ontario.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just found out now. Devastating :(. We've all lost the best owner in hockey and one of the best in all of professional sports. Prayers for all his family. And I'm glad he was able to fight on long enough to see his team make the playoffs. Win it for Ed!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
RIP Mr. Snider, you will be very very missed. You weren't afraid to make this team better and to fight to make sure we deserved better. Philly has lost an icon and a titan in sports. :(.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
RIP Ed Snider. Always was a fan of him as owner. Wish he could have seen them win another cup.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Cfxmdc_UIAA4A_7.jpg

12985588_10154169885958278_5216718511118074547_n.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just dropped in to give my condolences Flyers fans.

As a Toronto sports fan, I've been shocked by the outpouring of grief you guys have shown. My city is blessed with teams that I love despite their mediocrity, all owned and controlled by massive multi-billion dollar corporations. Our figureheads are largely unknown, bottom-line, business first guys. While Mr. Snider was a successful businessman, the type of connection he had with the City of Philadelphia and the Flyers fans is something completely unknown to Toronto guys like myself.

With my team pushing for Auston Matthews instead of a Cup, I hope you guys can make a run for him. It's only justice for how much of himself he gave to the team you guys love. I'm glad you all recognize how lucky you were to have an owner who loved the game so much. I'm proud to be a hockey fan today.

RIP Mr. Snider, there won't ever be another one quite like him.

Well said. Thank you for this.

:yo:

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
You guys need to win the cup for Mr Snider. The NHL lost one of it's greats today, A cup is only fitting. No other owner in the NHL had more passion and desire to winning. It's a really sad day.

I don't know Mr Snider outside of what he brought to the game of hockey. But i have enjoyed watching the flyers play. It all started for me with the Legion of Doom line, The flyers had the game and the style of play that i loved. The intensity the team showed on most nights i watched was unmistakeable. Thank you for all the memories and the enjoyment of Hockey.

R.I.P Mr Snider, One more Cup

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
RIP Mr. Snider, and thank you for the Flyers. I can't imagine the Flyers without him - the one constant throughout the years. He made mistakes, but they were out of the love of this team and his desire to win. That legacy will live forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad