Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVER - Bruins eliminated in double overtime

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
it’s this. Look at the teams fairing much better. Dallas loaded up in the off-season with Pavelski and Perry, Tampa at the deadline. Colorado with Kadri (ugh). These teams actually addressed needs and are seeing it pay off.

We need a better 2nd line RW solution, some size and toughness so they can move people and take the harder playoff games. Hall is an interesting guy to look at for scoring. Kick the tires and see what happens. Torn on Krug but hopefully this makes it a little less expensive to bring him back.

Rask situation is key. Even if he had legitimate reason to leave how will the team look at him knowing it severely affected their chances. This is the most interesting goalie market in a while so maybe it’s time to do something.
Now would be the time to jettison Rask. 1 year left on his deal and actual good goalie options on the market

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
You must be jokin??

F#^_# Tampa
I said it wouldn’t be popular For me, once the Bruins are out, I don’t care what happens next. Couldn’t care less who wins the Cup. So, at least I want something good to come of it for the future. Cup winning teams always run into cup trouble, happened to us, happened to Chicago, happened to Detroit, I want Tampa to be a worse team next time we play them, and if them winning the cup helps with that, so be it. I won’t be watching.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
This is not going to be popular, but I want Tampa to win the Cup. Putting emotions aside and thinking rationally, this is a team we have troubles with and they are in our division. We will have to go through them year after year, if we want to win a cup. We need them to lose some of their quality depth players, and them winning a cup would certainly help speed up their disintegration, seeing how cup winning teams always end up overpaying for their depth guys or losing them. Them winning it this year might make them easier to beat in the years to come.

NYI are my next, TBL after that

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
How was Kase such a good even strength scorer in Anaheim? I can't even imagine this dude scoring a goal, he's never looking shot.

And the audacity of some of the posters on here trying to compare him to Samsonov. Y'all wish he was HALF of Sergei. I am not impressed by Kase. Hes fast. But...I see no finish. But hes good in the shootout...so idk

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Here’s my thing: The Kase trade, strictly from a value standpoint, is a good trade. A decent young middle six winger, and cap relief for a 1st and an okay prospect. In any other year I think you take that.

Here’s my problem with it. We had to use a first round pick to fix one of the general managers biggest mistakes, in a go for it year. Sweeney and Neely need to be held accountable.

Tampa used their first (or a first I don’t know if it was actually theirs) to grab a guy like Coleman who has been a big difference maker for them.

This was a failure that started right at the top

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad