Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVER - Bruins eliminated in double overtime

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sweeney criticism - trading for Kase and Ritchie. Inability to keep Mojo in the offseason

Cassidy critcism- game 3 lineup with 7ds that included John Moore out of all people. Not playing Bergy and Marchand on pk cost 3 pp goals. Persistance to keep playing Ritchie(unbelievable). We all saw that tonights "speed" lineup caused much more problems for Tampa.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Keep the core and just tweak. Add taylor hall somehow and sign david extension. Let krug walk it will hurt but its vak time now to replace him. Keep rask and halak and pick up where we left off here. We have 2 more yrs of a good run.

Reactions: HumBucker

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
If they played the last two games like they played in the first OT, they would have been up 3-1 instead of down 3-1. Sucky ending to what was at one time an enjoyable season. I thank the Bruins for providing entertainment this year and hope we make some personnel moves in the offseason to shore up our shortcomings. STL and TB have both gone big and heavy. It pays off in the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This series (and the St.Louis one) really turned me off of Bruce's defensive system. Seems like teams with smart defenseman are learning to take advantage of the Bruin's collapsing and we just aren't blocking enough shots and clearing the front of the net well enough to let the other team's D run the show like that.

Hope he adjusts because hes obviously not going anywhere.

There are defensive coaches, not Bruce

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is not going to be popular, but I want Tampa to win the Cup. Putting emotions aside and thinking rationally, this is a team we have troubles with and they are in our division. We will have to go through them year after year, if we want to win a cup. We need them to lose some of their quality depth players, and them winning a cup would certainly help speed up their disintegration, seeing how cup winning teams always end up overpaying for their depth guys or losing them. Them winning it this year might make them easier to beat in the years to come.

You must be jokin??

F#^_# Tampa

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Whatever happened, we should be glad we even GOT hockey. For me? Thats the biggest gift in all of this.

No doubt if we werent in a pandemic, we would roll through these playoffs. But it is what it is. The future looks bright for us. I hope Tuukk is back. Chara too (3rd pairing). Stud looked studly. We'll be okay. Rooting for Vegas and the Isles.

Stay safe and have a blessed night folks. Cause we were blessed to even watch hockey in all of this.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I'm not even mad. Maybe this will be the wake up call donny needs to stop trying to bandaid a second line and actually pony the f*** up to get NHL caliber 2nd liners.

His inability to complete a roster cost us yet another chance for a championship

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
No this was a team with holes that have not been filled by Sweengenius took over. No second line RW, no grit, no size, no depth scoring. Same s**t since he started. How many more years you want to go with the same problems that Sweeney cannot fix?

it’s this. Look at the teams fairing much better. Dallas loaded up in the off-season with Pavelski and Perry, Tampa at the deadline. Colorado with Kadri (ugh). These teams actually addressed needs and are seeing it pay off.

We need a better 2nd line RW solution, some size and toughness so they can move people and take the harder playoff games. Hall is an interesting guy to look at for scoring. Kick the tires and see what happens. Torn on Krug but hopefully this makes it a little less expensive to bring him back.

Rask situation is key. Even if he had legitimate reason to leave how will the team look at him knowing it severely affected their chances. This is the most interesting goalie market in a while so maybe it’s time to do something.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Love Z but he was a huge liability on the ice. It is what it is. Father time catches us all eventually.

Halak was brilliant. McAvoy is a beast. Marchand was great.

Bergeron had a poor playoffs. Pasta wasn't good either but im pretty sure he's injured. Fourth line struggled big time against Tampa.

So was Krug

Maroon basically nullified him(screen for Hedman) for the game winner tonight. Happened also last season vs Blues

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
players I'd keep

1st line, Krejci, Coyle, Mcavoy and Carlo.

clean house after that
I’d put Grizz in there. Just can’t have 2 of him size wise.

Kuraly and Studnicka as well

The rest really are just JAGS. They play well as a defensive unit but man, I’ve seen more stick skills on ball hockey teams.

I’m more tired of watching them get plastered. Find some guys who can play with an edge and get them. No more excuses. My daughter watches Paw Patrol. I do t need more warm and fuzzies when I finally get the tv.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This is not going to be popular, but I want Tampa to win the Cup. Putting emotions aside and thinking rationally, this is a team we have troubles with and they are in our division. We will have to go through them year after year, if we want to win a cup. We need them to lose some of their quality depth players, and them winning a cup would certainly help speed up their disintegration, seeing how cup winning teams always end up overpaying for their depth guys or losing them. Them winning it this year might make them easier to beat in the years to come.
Yeah no

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2020-08-31-23-29-26~2.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Keep the core and just tweak. Add taylor hall somehow and sign david extension. Let krug walk it will hurt but its vak time now to replace him. Keep rask and halak and pick up where we left off here. We have 2 more yrs of a good run.
Another wasted 10 million farking dollars. That's insane. It'll be way worse than Backes. PASS: HARD PASS!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If I can get a 1st + for DeBrusk and sign Hall to a reasonable deal I do it.

i would not only drive Debrusk to Logan, or TF green, or wherever, but I’d pay for his flight and accompany him in the air if he asked nicely

and i have a massively irrational but VERY real fear of flying. So as long as he doesn’t mind me pumping myself full of prescription cocktails, I’m in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad