EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Didn’t realize the faceoffs were that one sided. I mean, it felt like TB was clearing the boss of the dot tonight, but that’s more excessive Than i would’ve guessed.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This team isn't made for winning a Cup. Yet another season. Yet a lack of depth scoring and a legit 2RW again. Been several years now and the philosophy of the team makeup hasn't changed. Playoff coaching leaves something to be desired as well. Bs have some decision making ahead for sure. I hope they go in a different direction in multiple areas.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Once again lines 2-4 quite literally were neutralized in to zilch against Tampa. I think Cassidy should have kept Marchand/Pasta together and moved Krejci up to 1C, I just can't get behind Marchand having Karson Kulhman as his winger, may as well have no one there cause that wasn't going to lead to any goals.

Points vs Tampa:

Pastrnak 6
Marchand 5
Krejci 3
Bergeron 2
Coyle 2
DeBrusk 1
Bjork 1
Kase 0
Wagner 0
Nordstrom 0

Halak played two games good enough for wins, game 1 and this game, can't blame him he's a backup. Big drop off in terms of production after Pasta and Marchand.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruins had nowhere close to 53 hits, that is certain.

This roster was as soft as roster as this team has had in history.

Bruce was brutal this round.
The Bruins were brutal this round.
The officials were brutal this round.
The NHL scheduling was brutal this round.
NBC's commentary was brutal this round.

Outside of the execution of the bubble itself, there is little to enjoy in this entertainment this postseason.

See you all in the preseason.

charliesangel

Feb 26, 2018
This team isn't made for winning a Cup. Yet another season. Yet a lack of depth scoring and a legit 2RW again. Been several years now and the philosophy of the team makeup hasn't changed. Playoff coaching leaves something to be desired as well. Bs have some decision making ahead for sure. I hope they go in a different direction in multiple areas.
We hear all about the leadership and the veteran core, but they play really flat playoff games for the most part. Where is 5hat leadership when it matters?

Reactions: Cronuss and Estlin

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
This series (and the St.Louis one) really turned me off of Bruce's defensive system. Seems like teams with smart defenseman are learning to take advantage of the Bruin's collapsing and we just aren't blocking enough shots and clearing the front of the net well enough to let the other team's D run the show like that.

Hope he adjusts because hes obviously not going anywhere.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Well what can you do. A backup goalie who did all he could and was not as bad as most said. Secondary scoring and some size and snarl for next year please. Time to see what some of the new blood can do. This core has been great but they had time to develop, lets get some finishers and punishers that can skate.

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
This is not going to be popular, but I want Tampa to win the Cup. Putting emotions aside and thinking rationally, this is a team we have troubles with and they are in our division. We will have to go through them year after year, if we want to win a cup. We need them to lose some of their quality depth players, and them winning a cup would certainly help speed up their disintegration, seeing how cup winning teams always end up overpaying for their depth guys or losing them. Them winning it this year might make them easier to beat in the years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad