Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVAH - Tampa Bay ends the Bruins season

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Could be a Celtics type situation where Sweeney looks at a team that overachieved and sees flaws down the middle and from the crease out and takes a couple of steps back to take a few forward.

I’m not for letting Nash walk and bringing the same group back with Chara, Bergeron, Krejci and Rask all a year older.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
For me it isnt about being proud or tapping the guys saying "good job" thats for pee wee bantam etc . At the pro nhl level its all and always about winning. The thing where i differ from a few here is im not convinced we have a great future with this actual roster..Seriously how?
Because of Pastr Mcavoy andDebrusk(looks good but still need to see how he develops)
Donato ok....he is exciting but well have to see how he translates into a full reg season.DS must continue ti build through the draft and stop makimg stupid signings and really dumb trades. It is hard though very hard but not impossible and its been done before to be able to have a great amd not necessarily draft at the top

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Tampa was the better team. They went all in and it's showing.

While the Bruins were much better than they showed this series, Tampa lost a bunch down the stretch because their goalie was bad and we won a ton of tight games with come backs. I think Tampa was better than the points showed.

Overall we were tired, injured and our secondary scoring dried up. That's going to be a quick exit vs a team like Tampa. Oh well.

Maybe next year.

The Rick Nash trade was probably a mistake.

Reactions: bluetib

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don’t get the Tampa was better sentiment, when it should be 3-2 Bruins going back to Boston tomorrow.

Maybe they would have won in 7, but it’s criminal that we won’t get the chance to know for sure

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins way too predictable on that PP

and I was hoping someone from the point just snap a surprise shot at the goalie

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
His play defensively was less than desirable the whole playoffs. He just didn't show that relentless pressure and pursuit of the puck that made him one of the top two-way forwards this season.

Gotta cut him some slack here.
The top-line played so much every game and everything relied on them. You can't expect them to be as stellar defensively if you're the only real threat offensively.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
Because he was, and he did it to himself. The B's brass need to look long and hard at him and the direction that they want to go.

Totally agree. I like Marchand the world class player. But the side shows are just too much for my tastes. I would absolutely listen to any interesting hockey trade. I’ve had it with his selfish acts. If I’d be his teammate, I would tell him to $&*# right off.

There, got it off my chest.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
tired boston team leaves to turnovers 5on 5 play dominated by bolts... don't think the bruins could of did much more to battle this team with the roster bruins had...till next year....more than I thought for 2017-2018 season

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I don’t get the Tampa was better sentiment, when it should be 3-2 Bruins going back to Boston tomorrow.

Maybe they would have won in 7, but it’s criminal that we won’t get the chance to know for sure

Tampa was the better team, no doubt.
But the question is: Would they have been the better team if the went to Boston down 0-2?

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tampa was probably better, but not 4-in-a-row better, I'll take that to my grave.

We got screwed out of games 2 and 4 by the refs, and you could make the case for today as well considering the difference in the game was JT Miller leaping to take Backes' head off, not getting punished, and then scoring on a PP after Palat did a 360 twirl of a dive that was worse than Marchand's "embellishment" the period before.

We couldn't generate much 5-on-5, but that series still should've gone 7 games.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This is so true and there's a lot to look forward too for next season. Pastrnak looked awesome in the playoffs what a rebound after getting flagged last yr for a late penalty in the playoffs against the Sens and McAvoy wa a stud playing nearly half of the final the game. I cant wait to actually see Carlo being able to play in the play offs. The future is bright!!!

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I can never blame marchand.. If one considers from the start hes arguably been our best player...love march licking and all..cant expect one player to dominate every series thats why u need depth in playoffs...it was apparent from the start....we didnt

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Hopefully Sweeney can recover something for Nash's rights and salvage a later pick.
Somehow getting rid of Krejci and Backes would be the best solution. They are both a year away from the NTC but maybe Sweeney can perform some magic.
Bruins have some younger assets but not sure many of them are top end talent.
They need a defenseman, a center and a successor to Rask in the net.
Goodbye to Nash, Nash, Schaller, Gionta, Postma, Wingels, Holden and Dobby. Oh and our 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad