Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVAH - Tampa Bay ends the Bruins season

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What a bummer, man. But overall, a great season, fun to do HF boards on the ride, great things in the future for the club- some work still to do, though. Clearly we weren't able to hang with a loaded team like Tampa in a playoff series. Next season we have youngsters with valuable experience and hopefully an add or two that will actually improve the team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Felt like they had million turnovers, in the end after 1st line no real threats to change a game, disappointing trade deadline acquisition.

Hopefully the kids are ready to step in and bring in more speed& talent next year, and hopefully this years rookies are better next season.

= Not enough skill to beat this Tampa team, hopefully next year is a different story.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
BD87CE6E-6B20-4FD6-8031-F0E3C986EF59.gif
Well, one more cigar left in the box and I smoke it for the 2017/18 Boston Bruins. One of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember in a long time. Shame it had to end but so much to look forward to going ahead . I had planned on watching more games in Puerto Vallarta where I am headed right now but there will be at least 1000 Dos Equis to help me drown my sorrow’s over the next couple of weeks. Cheers guys . No fighting !!!

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Bruins looked EXTREMELY slow on top of sloppiness through the neutral zone, no real coaching adjustments, Star players not really showing up, bad defensive zone breakouts. Ice was tilted against Bruins since game 2. Seem like they played frustrated all the way through. I thought this series was closer then it looked with all things considered. I think people were playing injured aswell. All in all a decent season. Exceeded expectations and got past the first round.

McAvoy is a stud. Tampa attacked him hard and he didn’t falter.

Reactions: Bun Cook

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Well I like Tamp and think they are a good team, but let's face it we got robbed at least two big times in this series with horrible officiating, then the injuries to Carlo, Krug and Backes somewhat, but then the other thing is just not enough scoring and talent after the first line. DeBrusk has a great future, but really Krejci was only so-so and Nash was just awful other than the first game. Evander Kane would have been so much better and the price tag would have been much less. Hopefully Sweeny and Neely learn and stop bringing in past their prime vets that can't skate. The new NHL is about speed, skill and tenacity.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The better and healthier team won but I'm disappointed that poor reffing played a factor in the outcome.

Wasn't in the cards when Carlo went down and guys started dropping again with that condensed schedule. But it was nice to dash Toronto's hopes and get the young guys some experience

Now we don't have to worry about whether or not to to pay Nash, insert Donato instead

Draft some size and speed and you're in business

Krejci and Backes can be traded in a year or two I think as well

Time for the youth movement to hit full swing

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Unfortunate way to end the year. Really didn’t feel like Boston got a fair shake over the 5 games at all.

Tampa was clearly better. They didn’t need the help.

I know people are excited about the kids coming up, but they have to do a better job pro scouting. They’re littered with guys too slow to make an impact in a playoff run.

^So^^^Right on the Money!! If you're gonna give up first rounders etc you go for the gusto, not the gutless (Rick Nash).

Reactions: JOKER 192

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I have concerns at center and on defense.

I’d look at getting creative.

Goaltending too.

Rask isn’t getting any younger and he wasn’t spectacular this post season (even though we’re really not allowed to have that kind of opinion here) and there’s no suitable prospects in the system IMO.

Sweeney needs to have a good offseason.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Well I like Tamp and think they are a good team, but let's face it we got robbed at least two big times in this series with horrible officiating, then the injuries to Carlo, Krug and Backes somewhat, but then the other thing is just not enough scoring and talent after the first line. DeBrusk has a great future, but really Krejci was only so-so and Nash was just awful other than the first game. Evander Kane would have been so much better and the price tag would have been much less. Hopefully Sweeny and Neely learn and stop bringing in past their prime vets that can't skate. The new NHL is about speed, skill and tenacity.
Lobbied here for Kane....Nobody wanted him. He sure has not hurt that San Jose locker room......No doubt he was who we should have gotten.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
At the start of the year I didn’t buy in to all that “we’ll be fighting the Habs for a wild card crap”
Did I think we would fall just one point short of Division Champs? No, No I didn’t, but I thought we would be second best, and that is what we were.

Were we ready for a cup run? Probably not, but I knew all bets were off the day I saw Carlo break his leg.

These Bruins surprised many but they didn’t surprise me.
This is probably the best result we could have hoped for this season. Carlo might have gotten us into the next round but even that is a stretch.

REF’S f*** YOU, EVERY f***ING LAST ONE OF YOU, f*** YOU. HOW DO SLEEP AT NIGHT? I DON’T KNOW.

The future is bright.
It can’t all be positive. Trading our 1st (let’s not even talk about the rest) for Nash was as stupid a move as there could be. Reminded me of the Chia days.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'll root for anyone other than TB or Pittsburgh.

This series should have gone 6 or 7 win or lose.

The officials should all lose their jobs. Game ruining and ruined a lot of joy this sport should bring. Disgusting.

TB was the better playing team right now considering health but a healthy Bruins team would not have looked so bad.

On to next season. Hopefully Backes is OK.

A very tiny part of me wonders if Spooner would have brought more than Nash.

I said at the time it was overpayment but if we retained him next season it would be ok.

Now I don't want him back.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The better and healthier team won but I'm disappointed that poor reffing played a factor in the outcome.

Wasn't in the cards when Carlo went down and guys started dropping again with that condensed schedule. But it was nice to dash Toronto's hopes and get the young guys some experience

Now we don't have to worry about whether or not to to pay Nash, insert Donato instead

Draft some size and speed and you're in business

Krejci and Backes can be traded in a year or two I think as well

Time for the youth movement to hit full swing
...and the Bruins kept the wrong Miller. You keep a young, versatile player like Colin Miller over an older guy like Killer.

Reactions: BBruins and Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins looked EXTREMELY slow on top of sloppiness through the neutral zone, no real coaching adjustments, Star players not really showing up, bad defensive zone breakouts. Ice was tilted against Bruins since game 2. Seem like they played frustrated all the way through. I thought this series was closer then it looked with all things considered. I think people were playing injured aswell. All in all a decent season. Exceeded expectations and got past the first round.

McAvoy is a stud. Tampa attacked him hard and he didn’t falter.

At the end of the day Cassidy can't play on the ice

He was patient, made adjustments, made line changes etc

no coach would have been able to make much a difference. Maybe win one more game but thats it

Sweeney needs to get back to work and keep transforming this roster to be able to play/beat teams like Tampa/Capitals

Bruins just don't have enough speed and skill in the lineup

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I know officiating was what it was.

I just wish this team showed up for more
than a few periods at a time. Thought it would be more of a series.

But this team was great this season. Hope for maybe some more outside help but aside from that we have a lot to look forward to next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad