Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 4 - We Wuz Robbed - And the NHL knows it!!! - Tampa Bay wins in OT and leads series 3-1

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I don't know if its Marchand but if the Bruins fall to the lightning I'm willing to bet one of Krejci,Tuukka or Marchand will be on the move.

Although Marchand is a world class talent his antics and immaturity are getting old. Hes exactly the type of player Neely himself would of put in the 3rd row with a devastating body check or pummeled him half to death. I love Marchands hockey skill its world class, and the way he will stick-up for his teammates, but some of his side antics are getting old, especially when it starts to hurt the team as it becomes more of him being undisciplined and selfish.

Tuukka just looses concentration, composure, call it what you want but he just seems to loose all control in big games and looks rattled and shows no poise. The Bruins wont win the Cup with him. I have yet too see him put two stellar playoff games back to back. I'd try to package him in a deal where they can acquire another #1.

Krejci is Krejci he still has value but he's not the answer here in Boston. They need a 2nd line Center. One that can put the puck in the net and play with speed and energy. He'll be hard to move but either way I'd like to see someone else playing 2nd fiddle to Bergeron next yr.

I'll take the other side of that bet

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't know if its Marchand but if the Bruins fall to the lightning I'm willing to bet one of Krejci,Tuukka or Marchand will be on the move.

Although Marchand is a world class talent his antics and immaturity are getting old. Hes exactly the type of player Neely himself would of put in the 3rd row with a devastating body check or pummeled him half to death. I love Marchands hockey skill its world class, and the way he will stick-up for his teammates, but some of his side antics are getting old, especially when it starts to hurt the team as it becomes more of him being undisciplined and selfish.

Tuukka just looses concentration, composure, call it what you want but he just seems to loose all control in big games and looks rattled and shows no poise. The Bruins wont win the Cup with him. I have yet too see him put two stellar playoff games back to back. I'd try to package him in a deal where they can acquire another #1.

Krejci is Krejci he still has value but he's not the answer here in Boston. They need a 2nd line Center. One that can put the puck in the net and play with speed and energy. He'll be hard to move but either way I'd like to see someone else playing 2nd fiddle to Bergeron next yr.

I can't wait to have a big hole at 2C or move an elite scorer in Marchand. That will certainly help us build on and improve on our 112 point season. Backes will save us

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hell no to changing the first line. Everything else should be up in the air though.

@Smitty93 lines are pretty much exactly what I'd do. DeBrusk has still looked good, just hasn't been able to finish. I like him with Krejci still, and see if Donato can spark something. Rick Nash to try to spark the 3rd line, even if he hasn't been very good, and insert Riley and Heinen back in; always a good idea to see how players respond to being benched. Heinen was big in Game 7 after sitting Game 6. Riley Nash is probably more of an injury thing, but we'll see.
Why not it’s win or go home,First line has got points this series but most have been on the power play.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I'll give Rask credit for one thing, he plays really well when the team in front of him is playing incredible and he barely has to do any work.

Reactions: Strafer

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Far from a Rask lover, but how can anyone blame Rask in this series? Blame the absolutely putrid officiating, lack of bottom 9 scoring, Rick Nash or David Krejci, but not Rask. He is one of the few Bruins who's been playing well in all 4 games.

Reactions: Budddy

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
It would not bother me if Tuukka sat. It should not bother him. Hes a big boy. His career playoff average is 2.20. Hes about 3.00 right. Couldn't give a fiddlers fart if theres been giveaways or defensive lapses. Dude, we are not scoring, steal us a game!!!! Tampas shooters book on Rask is to go high. A hard deak and Tuukka overreacts.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It would not bother me if Tuukka sat. It should not bother him. Hes a big boy. His career playoff average is 2.20. Hes about 3.00 right. Couldn't give a fiddlers fart if theres been giveaways or defensive lapses. Dude, we are not scoring, steal us a game!!!! Tampas shooters book on Rask is to go high. A hard deak and Tuukka overreacts.

Tuukka has done everything within reason to give his team a chance to win.

Swap goalies in this series and it's already over in Tampa's favor.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Yep...I bet a lot of other fanbases would be happy to take him. I appreciate him, imagine being a Philly fan?

True. Do not get me wrong. I love Tuukka.
But Im old enough to say that Gerry Cheevers was my favorite Bruin in the 70's. But as we entered the playoffs in '79 vs Montreal, it was very obvious the Habs figured Cheesy out. 9 goals in 2 games against. As much as I loved Cheevers, Cherry made the right move. Gilbert came in and he was freakin' incredible. Just 2 minutes and too many men on the ice away from going to the finals.
Not putting blame on Rask for our situation, hes been good. Just good.

Reactions: Kovi and Strafer

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watching highlights and Tampa is just a team of pukes and fake tough guys

NHL has no agenda yet they took how long to suspend Wilson and have tried to screw the Bruins every turn this Playoffs?

sebskym

Aug 2, 2005
Nashua, NH

Agree with most of the above. Truth be told, I think most would agree that this team has surprised us based on what we saw coming out of camp. Truth be told, TB has: 1) out-skated, 2) out-hit and 3) out-finished the B's. We can't control the bad ref'ing but the above can be controlled. Bottomline, the B's have not won the battles to date, don't appear to be able to recover and need to be up-grade for next season.

Going forward, the combination of core and prospects is promising. But the question remains do the B's have the right mix required to improve the need to improve team speed, toughness and line depth; all required for deeper post season success? I say NO.

Who stays? Who goes & might get packaged in a trade? Who do we target? Could be an interesting off season. Management needs to get it right this time.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad