Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 4 - We Wuz Robbed - And the NHL knows it!!! - Tampa Bay wins in OT and leads series 3-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Who's to say he didn't.

According to Fenway, Cam let the Ref Supervisor Rob Schick have it after the game last night.
Yeah okay we'll see how that turned out in the next "game." When your owner, a big-wig board O' governors directorate doesn't get his nose bent out of shape, you know that it won't matter IMO. Jacobs doesn't open his mouth because the insignia that is most important is the $ not the spoked B.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Who's to say he didn't.

According to Fenway, Cam let the Ref Supervisor Rob Schick have it after the game last night.

Good for Cam, have always loved his passion. Schick and the NHL will continue to double-down on the Bruins before they ever admit to an officiating issue.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yeah okay we'll see how that turned out in the next "game." When your owner, a big-wig board O' governors directorate doesn't get his nose bent out of shape, you know that it won't matter IMO. Jacobs doesn't open his mouth because the insignia that is most important is the $ not the spoked B.

Sweeney should talk to Jacobs in language that he will understand, that is that these stinking referees are costing this team losses which means far fewer home games which means less revenue for Jacobs. If money is his primary concern you would think that Jacobs might actually speak up.

Reactions: Smitty93

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This bothers me more than the loss - if I was running this like Cabin in the Woods I would reverse his actions over the non call on McAvoy

He's such a great player and he does this

I would hope they don't move him

Tomorrow will be Wild in Tampa I can't even imagine

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Tampa had injuries all year which is part of the reason the Bruins almost caught them. They went all in at the deadline to win it all.

Tampa is now 7-2 in the playoffs - we are 5-6.

If the guys can force a Game 6, I will be content and honestly, when all is said and done, this has been a good year.
wonder what the Ranger brass is thinking now, how many Rangers has Tampa even acquired or signed via FA, The running joke is is this the Tampa Bay Rangers or the Tampa Bay Lightning....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
wonder what the Ranger brass is thinking now, how many Rangers has Tampa even acquired or signed via FA, The running joke is is this the Tampa Bay Rangers or the Tampa Bay Lightning....

And that’s why TB won’t win.

Losers like Callahan, McDonagh, Girardi and Miller couldn’t win a cup in NY and won’t in TB.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Amazing how some posters can drag Jacobs into anything negative and find a way to chastise him.

Reactions: mikelvl

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Looking ahead to tomorrow's game, I'd like to see something like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato
Heinen-Nash-Nash
Schaller/Acciari/Wingels/Gionta-Kuraly-Backes

Maybe flip Donato and Heinen or Nash and Kuraly. I don't really care which of Schaller, Acciari, Wingels, and Gionta is out there, but I only want one of them. I'd say try breaking up the 1st line, but that's not going to happen at this point.

If they're eliminated tomorrow, I'd at least like to know they had their best/most talented players in the line-up. Cassidy's going to need to be able to move guys around depending on how the game is going, and the easiest way to do that is if you've got your best options available. They've struggled with 5-on-5 offense, and with no Krug, they're going to have to rely on the forwards, so they can't afford to have 3rd and 4th lines that have almost no chance of providing offense.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This bothers me more than the loss - if I was running this like Cabin in the Woods I would reverse his actions over the non call on McAvoy

He's such a great player and he does this

I would hope they don't move him

Tomorrow will be Wild in Tampa I can't even imagine

I don't know if its Marchand but if the Bruins fall to the lightning I'm willing to bet one of Krejci,Tuukka or Marchand will be on the move.

Although Marchand is a world class talent his antics and immaturity are getting old. Hes exactly the type of player Neely himself would of put in the 3rd row with a devastating body check or pummeled him half to death. I love Marchands hockey skill its world class, and the way he will stick-up for his teammates, but some of his side antics are getting old, especially when it starts to hurt the team as it becomes more of him being undisciplined and selfish.

Tuukka just looses concentration, composure, call it what you want but he just seems to loose all control in big games and looks rattled and shows no poise. The Bruins wont win the Cup with him. I have yet too see him put two stellar playoff games back to back. I'd try to package him in a deal where they can acquire another #1.

Krejci is Krejci he still has value but he's not the answer here in Boston. They need a 2nd line Center. One that can put the puck in the net and play with speed and energy. He'll be hard to move but either way I'd like to see someone else playing 2nd fiddle to Bergeron next yr.

Reactions: Strafer

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Yes but berg krejci chara a year older.
These guys are not eternal.

Really don't want to talk about next year yet, but realistically, they need to push Chara down to 2nd maybe 3rd
pair, krejci to 3rd line and Backes to 4th. Sweeney has a lot of work to get a #1 D to play with McAvoy and and
Good 2nd line center.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes, when the story is told of the builders of the Tampa Lightening, names such as Phil Esposito and :eek:Jeff Gorton ought to be at the top of that "builders" category.:nod:;)

Reactions: TCB and BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Amazing how some posters can drag Jacobs into anything negative and find a way to chastise him.

The bad ice is on him and all the unpredictable bounces seem to break against us at home. He is deserving of criticism. When you build that monstrosity next door and charge 14.50 for beers at the very least run the AC at max and make that place an icebox until the season ends.

Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Really don't want to talk about next year yet, but realistically, they need to push Chara down to 2nd maybe 3rd
pair, krejci to 3rd line and Backes to 4th. Sweeney has a lot of work to get a #1 D to play with McAvoy and and
Good 2nd line center.

Never going to happen. Chara's role won't change until he is on another team. And it absolutely won't change next year if Krug and Grizz are the other 2 LDs in fact is not even close to being an option.

Hes had some bad moments this playoffs but hes eating a lot of ice time and doing a pretty good job and his D partner isn't close to 100% either. We should be happy we can count on him for another solid season next year filling a huge role that won't be easy to replace with someone else. (Well we had a shot if we outbid Tampa for McDonaugh but that ship has sailed.)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Good 2nd line center.

Exactly too every thing!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Do you think. that if JJ got involved and opened his elitist mouth that it wouldn't make a difference? Wake up, I know that it feels better to swallow the crowd think and believe that Neely's words mean anything to the front office. In reality, it's spittin' in the wind. I must admit though that you're right: Jacobs is ineffectual to this argument in that he doesn't care.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The bad ice is on him and all the unpredictable bounces seem to break against us at home. He is deserving of criticism. When you build that monstrosity next door and charge 14.50 for beers at the very least run the AC at max and make that place an icebox until the season ends.

Ssshhh, you can't call attention to the fact that the king is naked with "some people."

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know if its Marchand but if the Bruins fall to the lightning I'm willing to bet one of Krejci,Tuukka or Marchand will be on the move.

Although Marchand is a world class talent his antics and immaturity are getting old. Hes exactly the type of player Neely himself would of put in the 3rd row with a devastating body check or pummeled him half to death. I love Marchands hockey skill its world class, and the way he will stick-up for his teammates, but some of his side antics are getting old, especially when it starts to hurt the team as it becomes more of him being undisciplined and selfish.

Tuukka just looses concentration, composure, call it what you want but he just seems to loose all control in big games and looks rattled and shows no poise. The Bruins wont win the Cup with him. I have yet too see him put two stellar playoff games back to back. I'd try to package him in a deal where they can acquire another #1.

Krejci is Krejci he still has value but he's not the answer here in Boston. They need a 2nd line Center. One that can put the puck in the net and play with speed and energy. He'll be hard to move but either way I'd like to see someone else playing 2nd fiddle to Bergeron next yr.
Only "one of?" DS has more work to do. Gotta make smart, brave moves which I still believe that he is capable of. I give him a lot of credit for what he's done so far. I wasn't happy with Rich Nash, I liked Wingels, Holden was the solid yet unspectacular consolation prize to McDonaugh.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This picture sums it up. Tuukka down on all-fours and 4 other bruins to two lightning players and the puck is in the net.

But I put this goal on Cassidy two players Gionta and Donato who have been healthy scratches for the whole playoffs except the one game Donato played, were on the ice in OT at the most crucial point to date of the season.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This picture sums it up. Tuukka down on all-fours and 4 other bruins to two lightning players and the puck is in the net.

But I put this goal on Cassidy two players Gionta and Donato who have been healthy scratches for the whole playoffs except the one game Donato played, were on the ice in OT at the most crucial point to date of the season.

Butch does seem to be over his head at this point but it is a learning curve, hopefully the sting of this will resonate with/in him for his whole career, or at least his time in Boston.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad