Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 4 - We Wuz Robbed - And the NHL knows it!!! - Tampa Bay wins in OT and leads series 3-1

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Wow. No reason for an injured ref to stay in the game. They have backups. I wonder if it affected his performance, skating or focus.

Was he def the ref down low on the mcavoy missed called?

Did he also make the call on acciari?
I dont feel like watching the game again to check

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Rask takes are just plain dumb. Essentially, it's people seeking a pelt because they're still mad about 17 awful seconds five years ago when a flurry of turnovers and missed coverages let one of the top lines in hockey do its thing - and forgetting about the stellar goaltending that got the B's to that point. He and Tim Thomas are the only two Bruins goaltenders of the last quarter-century to start a Stanley Cup Final game.

For all of the "Rask is a choker" narrative, his career playoff save percentage (.924) is *better* than his regular season save percentage (.922) .. and his career save percentage and GAA are both tops among active goaltenders in the NHL.

But, I'm sure Sweeney should jettison him for spare parts to create a scapegoat, just like Sinden did in 1993 when he jettisoned Andy Moog for Jon Casey, leading us through a decade of Blaine Lacher, Rob Tallas, Bill Ranford, Jim Carey, Byron Dafoe, Steve Shields, Andrew Raycroft, Manny Fernandez ... the Bruins had some really good teams in that span that could never get past the second round (and often the first) because of goaltending.
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly it was more about money then revenge. IIRC Moog made some comment on the radio that good ol' Harry didn't like and voila!

Reactions: crimsonace

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
* Best TV announcer's voice* "Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of the NHL's Officiating Problem, coming up Sunday at 3PM" :laugh:
Hey Betsy, If I've got a strong feeling that league doesn't think that they have ANY problems bigger than the Brad Marchand "Lickathon." I'll bet he stayed up all night thinking "how can I drive them banana's?" Seriously though I really doubt that the league suits think that there's any issue with their officials. I can hear them now: "the refs and linesmen have a tough job and it isn't an easy job, blah blah blah (stuffed shirt speak).

Reactions: goflyakite

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I still cant get over that non call. Feel like im whining. But man. Tampa had notbing going at all

What a suprise, an official from Montreal officiating a key Bruins game. Since most referees are born in either the Toronto or Montreal area is it really any suprise we almost always end up on the short end of the calls. I wish they would integrating Europeans refs, really think there would be far less built in biases.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ladyfan: I don't believe that is true about Don S. or Cam.

The proof is in the pudding, we'll see by tomorrow night at this time. If they win and there was good reff'ing the next game will be a travesty IMO.

charliesangel

Feb 26, 2018
Help him what?

Be a productive player?
Help him with whatever compels him to waste his talent by resorting to the type of nonsense he has been unfortunately known for. Why does he think he needs to do that stuff when he has such skill?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Help him with whatever compels him to waste his talent by resorting to the type of nonsense he has been unfortunately known for. Why does he think he needs to do that stuff when he has such skill?

Why does it matter?

I’m not saying I like some of the things he does, but what I hate more is having guys that aren’t good at hockey on the team.

I’ll take him, warts and all because he’s a big part of the teams success.

The more he makes the rest of the league hate him and the Bruins, the less I care about his antics.

Every player does things I don’t like from time to time. Krejci shooting off his back foot from the blue line on the PP or Rask going down too early and staying there for instance.

The only thing that is a non starter for me is gutless play.

You don’t have to fight, but don’t turtle.

Reactions: Kovi and Kate08

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
If the Bruins and Lightning respectively win the next two games, that would mean the following:

Two years straight of being swept at home in losing a series.

7 out of 9 series since 2008 where the Bruins are eliminated on home ice. Is it just me, or has this team not been very good at home in the postseason over their History?

Win or lose, the last time a Bruins playoff series ended on the road, Zdeno Chara lifted a silver bowl higher than it's ever been lifted in its 100+ year history. Prior to that, the last series to end on the road was the 2009 Montreal sweep. Since then, 15 of the 16 Bruins playoff series have ended at the Garden. The Bruins have been on the happy end of the handshake line in 10 of the 16.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Isles fan here; Kucherov should have been penalized on his hook+can opener on McAvoy just before Stamkos one timer. Tampa's 3rd goal should have been waved off. Good luck in Tampa this afternoon. I think if Bruins force Game 6, there will be Game 7 in Tampa.

Reactions: Ladyfan

charliesangel

Feb 26, 2018
You act like he's replaced his performance with the antics. He's not wasting his talent in any way shape or form.
I don't agree. He has had multiple suspensions and undoubtedly will have more. He spends unnecessary time in the penalty box, and he is embarrassing himself and his teammates. We should be talking about his amazing pass to Bergeron on the short handed goal, not about this foolishness. He will limit his career, in my opinion, by these antics, and that is a shame.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He seems to have annoyed an awful lot of people this time. Perhaps a change of scenery would help him?
That is just stupid.:thumbd:

He is one of the best players for the B's who took a hometown discount to stay here. Many nights he IS the best player. Bergy loves him. I would say the team loves him. MOST of the fans love him.

Losing him would be horrible for the team

What is wrong with you ???

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad