BRUINS GDT ECSF Game 4: The Germans Haven't Bombed Pearl Harbor Yet | 7:12 PM NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I get that Riley Nash hasn't been what we are used to seeing but for at least tonight can some posters stop calling him names?

One thing he IS doing that often goes unrecognized is that he is not getting chased out of the faceoff dot and is consistently winning them.

DeBrusk on his line is just the swift kick he and Backes need to get going.

We'll call Riley Nash whatever we want. He's been lousy, period.

The swift kick Backes needs to get going is to get away from Riley Nash.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Is Schaller official for tonight? Thought Wingels played well enough to earn another shot.
Also don’t mind the idea of DeBrusk on the 3rd line. You can see he’s a guy that doesn’t rely on others to make him better. He does a fine job of getting to loose pucks and making things happen for his line mates. Could be just what Riley and Backes need to get back on track.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Taking into consideration Rasks career playoff average is at 2.23....ya, there should be some question marks.

Not sure why you quoted my post. I never said his performance was perfect. Just providing some context.

Anyway, he's rocking a .922 this series. Essentially identical to his career playoff average. I have no problem with that, especially considering TB is the #1 offense in the NHL.

Game 2 looked as though he was playing Dodgepuck. Horrible positioning and over reacting.

Ummm, ok? He gave up 3 goals. He was arguably the best player on the ice for either team that game. He was definitely the best Bruin. Was he perfect? Nope. But he was literally at or near the end of guys that should be blamed for that game.

Reactions: Neely2005

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know they still have another game if they lose but IMO this is a must win for the B's.

I would like to see some fore checking from the B's

Lots of clean hits because it looked to me like Tampa was pushing the B's around in the last game and I HATE that .

and on a selfish note...

I DONT WANT THIS TO BE MY LAST HOME GAME THIS SEASON

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I know they still have another game if they lose but IMO this is a must win for the B's.

I would like to see some fore checking from the B's

Lots of clean hits because it looked to me like Tampa was pushing the B's around in the last game and I HATE that .

and on a selfish note...

I DONT WANT THIS TO BE MY LAST HOME GAME THIS SEASON

That is selfish.

Think about Renee!

:sarcasm:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'd like them to flip Riley Nash and Kuraly.

I wouldn't. Without Kuraly, that 4th line is completely useless. With him they are quite effective, and better than most 4the lines in the league. The problem for me is Riley Nash. He's been worse than terrible this playoffs and we have no one to come in to replace him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't. Without Kuraly, that 4th line is completely useless. With him they are quite effective, and better than most 4the lines in the league. The problem for me is Riley Nash. He's been worse than terrible this playoffs and we have no one to come in to replace him.

Isn't it more important to get the 3rd line going than to worry about the 4th, especially considering they should (in theory) get more ice time?

The vaunted 4th line (whatever incarnation) has been pretty much useless themselves the last 5 playoff games.

Reactions: HustleB

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lets f***ing get er going tonight, boys!

I'll be out for a general meeting for our Fastball league tonight, but the game will be on at the pub. I'll be breaking my streak of watching playoff hockey at home and actually watching it with people. Also going with my Byron Dafoe gross bear jersey tonight.

Reactions: Mione134 and Emerz

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Let Kuraly take the 3rd, he reminds me of Ferlin. Czarnik could slot in on the 4th instead of Nash as a potential winger. If everyone wants Nash out then okay whatever makes them better. Czarnik was good when he was up earlier on the 4th. Injected some offense to that line and was responsible checking with pressure and speed some thing they are actually missing. Some one like a Blidh type player would be nice out there getting under Tampa's skin. That would let Marchand concentrate on scoring and get his head back in the game and forget the small stuff. They had a lot of chances the last game and the dee as a whole all had problems not just Grizz. It is more then a journeyman and a rookie that is holding us back thought people, Tampa is a hungry team. Time to man up everyone and play some desperate hockey like Tampa is doing.

Last edited:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Fair to say the Bruins are done with a loss tonight? I don't see them winning three straight.
Couldn’t agree more . I don’t know how many times I have said “most important game of the year” but here we are again . I am earily calm today . Hope we come out flying and crush them but am ready to admit we got beat by a better team if need be .
Annihilate them !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am really sick of seeing the b's get pushed around.

Brad's wrist is probably a mess. He has been slashed so many times in the playoffs.

The stripes have made it clear you can do whatever you want to Brad Marchand and there will be NO call.
It REALLY pisses me off :madfire:.

I really hope it is a good game tonight. You all know the ice will be bad.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I am really sick of seeing the b's get pushed around.

Brad's wrist is probably a mess. He has been slashed so many times in the playoffs.

The stripes have made it clear you can do whatever you want to Brad Marchand and there will be NO call.
It REALLY pisses me off :madfire:.

I really hope it is a good game tonight. You all know the ice will be bad.

Means it's even more important to grab the lead.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'd love to see Kuraly with Heinen and one of Donato/DeBrusk. Won't happen, but that would be fun.

Put Riley Nash on the 4th line where he belongs or scratch him. He's been garbage since coming back from injury outside of game 4.

Personally I think the following is the way to go.
63 - 37 - 88
74 - 46 - 61
43 - 52 - 17
59 - 55/20 - 42

Have a feeling Heinen gets scratch in favor of Donato though, which frankly is the wrong move. No more Wingels please.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Really curious to see the line combos tonight. Pretty much a mystery at this point.

Heinen cannot be scratched, he's too good. Riley Nash, Noel, and Wingels/Schaller should be the candidates.

I want Acciari in. He is one of the only one who plays physical.
I also want Schaller in for his energy, especially after being scratched last game.
Sit Riley or Wingles.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Riley had a good year, maybe a select few hated him but lol out to lunch on this one saying he was bad all year. At least he is not making 6 million to be slow and not a game changer we thought Backes would be
At this time of year, their salary doesn't matter.
Since his return from injury, Riley is not very effective, much less than Backes.
I would demote him to the 4th line and promote Kuraly to pivot Backes and DeBrusk.
A 4th made of Heinen-Riley-Schaller should be sufficent in sporadic ice time, with Heinen sometimes shifting on the 3rd.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Backes & DeBrusk played together at times earlier in the season. I think Backes can feed off of DeBrusk energy and hopfully get things going. Nash has been bland the last few games so hopefully that energy that DeBrusk brings rubs off on him as well. I wouldn't mind see Kuraly slide up between those two either and let Nash be the 4th line guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad