BRUINS GDT ECSF Game 4: The Germans Haven't Bombed Pearl Harbor Yet | 7:12 PM NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Can't be a one line team in the playoffs. It can get you there but we won't go anywhere so long as we are one.
As seen above when the 2nd line produces we win.

The bottom 6 has been a disaster. Riley Nash has been trash forcing Kuraly to play on the 3rd line at times, who has been good but at the same time his promotion has left the 4th line ineffective. Backes so far has been 6 million dollars of locker room takes and that's it. And Danton Heinen, while sound positionally hasn't produce much. No bueno. Meanwhile one of Tampa's best lines has been their 3rd line.

We've gotten dominated for 6 periods in a row but at the same time Stamkos and Kucherov have been quieted. Tampa's depth has crushed ours. If their best players start scoring it's over in 5. But if we get the first goal tonight and building actual momentum and get more than 1 line rolling it's a series.

I'm not overly concerned with the 2nd line, but that 3rd line drives me crazy. They've shown that they can take over games, but ever since the rash of injuries and guys getting moved around, they just haven't found that chemistry.

Reactions: nORRis8

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Aside from having an excellent game #4 vs the Leafs, I cannot recall any game so far where Tuukka was the reason why we had won.

Keeping us in the game and winning the game are different things, in my opinion. And I agree with the original post. Take game 3, Tampa had 13 high danger scoring opportunities on the Bruins, and Tuukka stopped 10 of 13. He's doing his job. Game 3 was on the defense and and offense, not on Tuukka. If he plays like that tonight, and the D tightens up and breaks the puck out efficiently, and the offense forechecks and pressures Tampa and puts pucks on net and not into Dmen shins and over and wide of the net, then we will win. And Tuukka will be a part of that if he continues to play this way.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Can't be a one line team in the playoffs. It can get you there but we won't go anywhere so long as we are one.
As seen above when the 2nd line produces we win.

The bottom 6 has been a disaster. Riley Nash has been trash forcing Kuraly to play on the 3rd line at times, who has been good but at the same time his promotion has left the 4th line ineffective. Backes so far has been 6 million dollars of locker room words of wisdom and that's it. And Danton Heinen, while sound positionally hasn't produced. No bueno. Meanwhile one of Tampa's best lines has been their 3rd line.

We've gotten dominated for 6 periods in a row and Stamkos and Kucherov have been quieted. Nad that we've been beaten by their depth, but atleast it we know we can stop the stars? Tampa's depth has crushed ours. If their best players start scoring it's over in 5. But if we get the first goal tonight and building actual momentum and get more than 1 line rolling it's a series.
Torrey Krug had more shots & attempts than lines 3&4 on Wednesday.
And if they’re putting Stamkos out to pot empty-netters “to get his confidence up” Jeez we need to capitalize on that.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I have a hard time pinning either loss on Rask. They haven’t played well in front of him for 6 periods now. Even game 1 he let them get their feet in the first period.

Sure it’d be nice if he pitched a shutout every night but come on. Give Tampa chance after chance and they’re going to bury some.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
So the team scores 6 in Game 1 and Rask is the one that kept them in it?

It's almost as if he kept them in it in the first half of the game. Did you watch or just check the scoreboard after it was over.

SMH
Aside from having an excellent game #4 vs the Leafs, I cannot recall any game so far where Tuukka was the reason why we had won.

I'm sorry you're having issues recalling. There's highlights on Youtube though. @dafoomie does a great job.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Torrey Krug had more shots & attempts than lines 3&4 on Wednesday.
And if they’re putting Stamkos out to pot empty-netters “to get his confidence up” Jeez we need to capitalize on that.

One storyline were aren't hearing much about is the lack of really anything from a line that is considered among the best in the league (Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov). If Stamkos was a Bruin with his performance thus far he'd be getting roasted around here.

Really a shame that with the lack of production from that line the Bruins didn't win at least 2 of the last 3 games.

How much longer can we expect that line to be a non-factor? You have to think they break out for at least one game in this series before it's all over.

Reactions: sooshii

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
I’m fine with playing Donato but I really hope Heinen isn’t benched. He’s one of our top offensive guys and just needs to get going. I’d rather see Riley get a night off and we could move Backes to 3C.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
So the team scores 6 in Game 1 and Rask is the one that kept them in it?

In our 5 wins so far we have outscored the Bolts and Leafs 28-11. R2D2 could have been in net and we would have won. Rasks average in wins....just over 2.00.

In our 5 losses his average jumps to about 3.50.

His overall average this playoffs is 2.90. Vasilevsky is at 2.25.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What the f*** happened to the Bruins I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you jgatie, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Paquette, he's a dead man! Callahan, dead! Kucherov...

Dead! jgatie's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Unleash McAvoy, 27+ minutes/game from here on out.

First line gets back on their game and carries the offense.

Lines 2-4 contribute a goal a game.

We win this in 6.

Reactions: HustleB

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I’m fine with playing Donato but I really hope Heinen isn’t benched. He’s one of our top offensive guys and just needs to get going. I’d rather see Riley get a night off and we could move Backes to 3C.

I agree, Heinen hasn't been the problem on that line, it's his 2 linemates that have.

Reactions: FanSince72

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
My daughter is meeting a friend from college today, so I'm on my own in the theme parks. Plan to hit as many of my usual rides as possible. Both parks close at 6 for Grad Night so I'll be back in plenty of time for the game. Let's go Bruins and tie this thing up!

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad