BRUINS GDT ECSF Game 4: The Germans Haven't Bombed Pearl Harbor Yet | 7:12 PM NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I just want the B's to play as well as we all know they can.
If Tampa best the best the B's can give, then I'm all right with that.
It will suck, but at least the B's gave everything they have.
I don't think they have done anywhere near that in games 2 and 3.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
First 10 minutes of game one, Tampa was all over the B's, and Tuukka stood tall.
If Tampa scores 1 or 2, completely different game.
It's honestly better to not defend him.

The team scored 6 so Rask's play didn't matter. The team scored 1 so Rask should have let in 0. The people who know what they're talking about will criticize him when he rightly deserves it (a few games in series 1) and should know that in this series he has made key saves to keep them in all 3 of the games, while they continue to be outplayed.

I'm extremely optimistic about this game, but IMO I think whoever wins this game wins the series....it's a huge one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I woke up in a fairly bad mood (hello allergies) so I would appreciate the Bruins winning to turn this day around for me.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Cassidy has already said they don't see Donato as a RWer at this point in time.

You want hitting, and in the same sentence say you'd be fine with sitting Backes, whose tied with Debrusk for the lead in hits among the forward group in this series with 8 a-piece.

To put that into context, 3rd and 4th place among forwards are Pastrnak and Acciari with 5 each. Everyone else has 3 or less.

You liked the Backes deal. What can I say? I'm ok if he plays 7 mins or 0 mins. This is what it has come to. My first choice though is 4th line.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Donato in!

Good choice, Butch!

Time to inject some new life and blood into this team. If they can't get the blood flowing and juices flowing tonight and step up, then we got a problem!

Step the **** up boys! Believe in yourselves. Tampa is bearable. Beat these punks and beat them down.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
In our 5 wins so far we have outscored the Bolts and Leafs 28-11. R2D2 could have been in net and we would have won. Rasks average in wins....just over 2.00.

In our 5 losses his average jumps to about 3.50.

His overall average this playoffs is 2.90. Vasilevsky is at 2.25.

Vasilevsky hasn't faced the #1 and #3 offenses in the entire NHL during these playoffs. Rask has.

Rask's 2.9 looks a lot better when you consider the teams he has played averaged 3.3 and 3.5 in the regular season.

CONTEXT

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Technically, you're right. But this series is such a 180 from the Toronto series. The Bruins need to find a way to get away from that trap. Maybe getting a lead would help too.
A lead is helpful. Donato being in will help as he allows Krejci to slow down the pace and create chances. It also allows Nash to crash the net more and take even more shots.

DeBrusk on the 3rd line will bring in some speed and compliments Backes and Nash well. He should give them both a kick in the pants as well.

I expect Schaller to come out with a chip on his shoulder and play his game. No one likes being scratched in the playoffs.

My only question is if Gryz sits or not

Reactions: Cronuss

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think the biggest reason for optimism is that we clearly have not seen the best from the Bruins against Tampa and yet they have still been close enough to try to win each game. Just need a better all around effort and the Bruins are right back in the series.

Reactions: Cronuss

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I think the biggest reason for optimism is that we clearly have not seen the best from the Bruins against Tampa and yet they have still been close enough to try to win each game. Just need a better all around effort and the Bruins are right back in the series.

On the other hand, TB has not seen the best from their 1st line and their PP either.

Still confident the Bruins will get back in it and finish on top.

Go Bruins!

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
A lead is helpful. Donato being in will help as he allows Krejci to slow down the pace and create chances. It also allows Nash to crash the net more and take even more shots.

DeBrusk on the 3rd line will bring in some speed and compliments Backes and Nash well. He should give them both a kick in the pants as well.

I expect Schaller to come out with a chip on his shoulder and play his game. No one likes being scratched in the playoffs.

My only question is if Gryz sits or not
No chance they sit Gryz IMO. Knowing his personality and attitude he comes out flying tonight, after arguably his worst game in a Bruins uniform, and plays one of his best games.

Reactions: FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Me too. Riley is a black hole and a big reason why the 3rd line is creating nothing offensively. Every time Cassidy switched them in game, that line looked much better.
Black hole could be Backes too, slow as mud vs these faster teams. Drop him down to 4th line and bring up Kuraly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad