BRUINS GDT ECSF Game 4: The Germans Haven't Bombed Pearl Harbor Yet | 7:12 PM NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wow if Donato goes #2 and DeBrusk drops to #3, that's a huge vote of confidence for DeBrusk. That's Cassidy saying, I know you're good enough w/o Krejci & Nash to be productive. Your basically asking DeBrusk to jump start the 3rd line...which I think he's capable of doing.

Reactions: ProdigalFan

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Really curious to see the line combos tonight. Pretty much a mystery at this point.

Heinen cannot be scratched, he's too good. Riley Nash, Noel, and Wingels/Schaller should be the candidates.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You liked the Backes deal. What can I say? I'm ok if he plays 7 mins or 0 mins. This is what it has come to. My first choice though is 4th line.

True, albeit mostly because I thought (before the signing happened and based on his own comments immediately after) that he would be a compliment to Bergeron and Krejci playing the center position most of the time, with some spot duty on RW based on certain situations.

That being said, don't make it about physicality and then say you don't want the Bruins most physical forward in this series (at least based on the stats). If you don't want Backes in the line-up, that's fine, but by taking him out your are making the Bruins forward group less physical.

Reactions: lopey

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If anyone thinks they know what to expect tonight they are lying, because the last two games from the Bs have been so inexplicably bad it's impossible to predict which team will show up tonight.

I think that's why I'm so calm. If they win the good Bs are back and we can start this series over. If they lose again there's nothing left but a miracle, so what can you do but prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No chance they sit Gryz IMO. Knowing his personality and attitude he comes out flying tonight, after arguably his worst game in a Bruins uniform, and plays one of his best games.
I tend to agree with you but I can see Holden drawing in.

I wonder if they put Gryz and Miller back together. It gives Gryz a familiar partner and some added protection in case they try to run him which they will.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Backes is looking good with Kuraly. He has been set up by Heinen a couple times.

Meanwhile, Riley... crickets... Back to the zero zone player we all hated in 16-17.

I don't get why Cassidy is keeping Riley "Zero-zone" Nash with Backes. It's not working. If that's what he in fact does.

Heinen-Riley-Backes might be the slowest line left in these playoffs.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Backes is looking good with Kuraly. He has been set up by Heinen a couple times.

Meanwhile, Riley... crickets... Back to the zero zone player we all hated in 16-17.
Riley had a good year, maybe a select few hated him but lol out to lunch on this one saying he was bad all year. At least he is not making 6 million to be slow and not a game changer we thought Backes would be

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Cassidy better have more than just adding Donato, he is being outcoached. This added to that fact the Bruins intensity level is not where it needs to be spells trouble.

We need to limit the turnovers, make the neutral zone battle at least 50/50 as Tampa is killing us there and match Tampas' intensity.

Just like Tampa got their spilt we need to get ours.

Put it all on the line Boys !

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Lol, life has taught me that it can always get worse.
Barring him forgetting which end he’s defending and turning around and going top shelf on Rask, Grizz can only go up from last game.

I have some faith he’ll turn it around

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I get that Riley Nash hasn't been what we are used to seeing but for at least tonight can some posters stop calling him names?

One thing he IS doing that often goes unrecognized is that he is not getting chased out of the faceoff dot and is consistently winning them.

DeBrusk on his line is just the swift kick he and Backes need to get going.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I wonder if they put Gryz and Miller back together. It gives Gryz a familiar partner and some added protection in case they try to run him which they will.

They need to be paired up all the time. They're good individually, but great together. They just work so well as a pair, I'll never understand why they mess with it.

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Riley had a good year, maybe a select few hated him but lol out to lunch on this one saying he was bad all year. At least he is not making 6 million to be slow and not a game changer we thought Backes would be
He actually is saying he had a bad year last year, not this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

16-17 was LAST year.

:shakehead

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I get that Riley Nash hasn't been what we are used to seeing but for at least tonight can some posters stop calling him names?

One thing he IS doing that often goes unrecognized is that he is not getting chased out of the faceoff dot and is consistently winning them.

DeBrusk on his line is just the swift kick he and Backes need to get going.

I would love for the 17-18 Riley to finally show up in these playoffs.

Do it.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
If anyone thinks they know what to expect tonight they are lying, because the last two games from the Bs have been so inexplicably bad it's impossible to predict which team will show up tonight.

I think that's why I'm so calm. If they win the good Bs are back and we can start this series over. If they lose again there's nothing left but a miracle, so what can you do but prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I personally guarantee a better team performance tonight due to the adrenaline factor. At 1-1 we had no adrenaline, just fatigue. But we can expect the team to play with real desperation now that we are trailing in the series.

Funny enough, it's the goaltending I'm most nervous about tonight. I kind of feel Rask is due for an iffy game, especially since he was fairly busy in Games 2 and 3 and wears down easily. I'm not expecting him to be as good as he was in those games, so the offence needs to pick up the slack tonight.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Why are you bringing two years ago in now to discredit him, sounds like sour grapes, waiting this long all year to throw this in.

Read again.

I am not talking about two years ago. I am talking about right now. His play in the playoffs is abysmal. Back to the no zone player he was in 16-17, which we all hated.

Do you understand now?

Either way, I don't care.

All I want is for Riley to either start playing like he did in 17-18 or be dropped on the 4th line+PK or pressbox cause he's not helping the team right now in that 3C spot.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Vasilevsky hasn't faced the #1 and #3 offenses in the entire NHL during these playoffs. Rask has.

Rask's 2.9 looks a lot better when you consider the teams he has played averaged 3.3 and 3.5 in the regular season.

CONTEXT

Taking into consideration Rasks career playoff average is at 2.23....ya, there should be some question marks.
Game 2 looked as though he was playing Dodgepuck. Horrible positioning and over reacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad