GDT: ECSF Game #4 | 5.4.16 | Caps @ Pens | 8:00PM | CEC | Can You Dig It? CAN YOU DIG IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
What a standard we have for this guy. If he puts his skates on the right feet and doesn't soil himself we're basically content. :laugh:

It's like when the price of your favorite hobby suddenly triples, stays that way for a while as you get used to it, then gets slashed by 20% and you're like "What a bargain!!!"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maatta, Rust and Fehr all GTDs today? Huh, I'm shocked that Maatta may play or maybe this is just another ploy so Sullivan doesn't show what his D pairs will be. Although it is interesting to note that if Maatta does come back tonight, he would just take Pouliot's spot along Daley and on the 2nd PP unit.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Geno's the only hot head left, please don't penalty.

Heh, that's a good point. Sullivan has done a pretty good job of curtailing that sort of crap from most of the players since he's been here, though.

It seems like Malkin is going to explode once he gets an "in your face" type goal in this series, I hope it happens tonight when Letang is out.

After listening to the caps and their fans for the last several days, I had to watch this as a stress reliever.

Last edited:

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The first goal is so critical in this game tonight. If the Pens get it, the Caps will fall apart. If the Caps get it, it might be enough because i don't see the Pens getting many goals against their trap tonight.

Really gotta get that first one, and let the Craps eat themselves.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Maatta, Rust and Fehr all GTDs today? Huh, I'm shocked that Maatta may play or maybe this is just another ploy so Sullivan doesn't show what his D pairs will be. Although it is interesting to note that if Maatta does come back tonight, he would just take Pouliot's spot along Daley and on the 2nd PP unit.

Dupuis is a GTD decision as well.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I doubt Määttä will play. He hasn't skated with the team since he was injured.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

giphy.gif

I also saw a tweet where Ian Cole was asked if the Pens feel they have to win one for Letang tonight. He said it was more feeling like they had to win one for Murray since he bailed them out last game.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Maatta needs to sit a couple games. I would almost rather have to skate 5 D than 6 D with a 50-75% Maatta.

I doubt Määttä will play. He hasn't skated with the team since he was injured.

He'll be going through the protocols. I'm guessing they want to see him symptom free for a couple days. GTD my ass.

SalutGilles

May 3, 2016
NJ
635548034892590273-Bodyoutline.jpg

Trotz: And this guys is our game plan tonight. By the way great job Johansson on pretending you were dead during practice yesterday. Combined with my lying, we might be able to win this series by crying to the referees. First drill today, we're going to practice Ovie's move against the Flyers when he got tapped in the face. I've got a limbo bar setup at the blue line to see how far back you can go when sliding on your knees. Then I've got some footballers here from Europe to show us how to dive and sell the **** out of that dive. You'll look like world class athletes out there tonight, forget shooting and skating drills. That's for girls.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Funny how that works out isn't it? Almost like he took yesterday off to buy a suspension.

I wonder how long before those games start being counter productive.

Remember when Crosby went after the refs early in his career and could not buy a call? At some point you have to think that the Rubicon is crossed with all this whining and faking and there is a push back, from the refs and league. I hope that point already has happened.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Speed is what hurts Washington. Matching "big" will just give them the edge. Must go with speed.

While in my heart I agree with you and know your right (it pains me to say that lol :laugh:), how satisfying would it be to see one or two Pens really lay out a couple Caps with clean but brutal hits?

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
635548034892590273-Bodyoutline.jpg

Trotz: And this guys is our game plan tonight. By the way great job Johansson on pretending you were dead during practice yesterday. Combined with my lying, we might be able to win this series by crying to the referees. First drill today, we're going to practice Ovie's move against the Flyers when he got tapped in the face. I've got a limbo bar setup at the blue line to see how far back you can go when sliding on your knees. Then I've got some footballers here from Europe to show us how to dive and sell the **** out of that dive. You'll look like world class athletes out there tonight, forget shooting and skating drills. That's for girls.

As a Caps fan, I came in here to read things to get me riled up because apparently I'm a raging masochist. This just made me laugh out loud. Dammit.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
While in my heart I agree with you and know your right (it pains me to say that lol :laugh:), how satisfying would it be to see one or two Pens really lay out a couple Caps with clean but brutal hits?

No. I think any big hits outside Ovie's routine charges will be penalized and likely suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad