GDT: ECSF Game #4 | 5.4.16 | Caps @ Pens | 8:00PM | CEC | Can You Dig It? CAN YOU DIG IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
So much for Oleksy playing then... Unless someone on D gets food poisoning between now and game time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We win and control the game when we play our game. Playing our game keeps them from excelling at theirs. Once we get away from that and try to stop their game...we go to ****. Foot of the gas for the full 60 minutes. They have not played a full 60 minutes yet this post season and this is a HELL of a time to do it.

To steal a cheesy quote from Miracle - You don't defend them...you ATTACK them. Take their game and you shove right in their face.

It's going to be a tough order without Letang but we are resilient group with a lot of guys that can step up. Should be another barn burner.

Rust was out, and the Pens lost some gas having to double shift for the entire game.

They lost guys all the time and they kept trucking. Key guys.

I don't want them to attack them or shove the Caps game in their face playing it, I want the Pens to shove their game in the Caps face and show them it just doesn't matter.

Sullivan will make sure of that tone.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Still can't believe they suspend Letang and let Boyle off the hook for doing the exact same ****ing thing.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Change Kunitz, Add Kuhn or Hags. :laugh: That would be a pretty sweet 2nd powerplay.

The one thing I can guarantee... Kunitz will not do important things.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
We need to be competitive like them if we're gonna win this one:

United we stand, also, moarrr synth! :laugh:

LET'S GO PENS!

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yep that's the NHL for ya... :shakehead

It's not even that. It's how the National media just ****ing swept it under the rug.

TSN: "Hickey was faking it, there was no head contact, etc. etc."

I guarantee you that's because it led directly to an overtime goal and they don't want to stir things up. Gotta keep carrying the NHL's water you know?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Just getting Sestito’s presence in the morning skate will deter the Caps from taking cheap shots :sarcasm:

IF Fehr plays, it will be interesting to see if he goes back with Malkin and Sundqvist bumps down to play with Cullen-Kuhn or if Sundqvist will be given a shot with Malkin. Ideally, I’d rather have Fehr AND Sundqvist with Malkin. I’m not sure if Kunitz or Kuhn can play RW though. I’m not sure it matters with Kunitz.

Edit: I guess it's not guaranteed Rust is out either, but I'd be surprised if he played.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Change Kunitz, Add Kuhn or Hags. :laugh: That would be a pretty sweet 2nd powerplay.

The one thing I can guarantee... Kunitz will not do important things.

Call me crazy but Kunitz has actually had some offensive chances this series. And I think he has one more point than Sid *sigh*.

87 is doing a good job defensively but we're going to need him offensively at some point this series. I hope it's tonight.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Remember.. morning skates are optional. We will find out at game time.

True but given that Sundqvist hasn't played in a while, I imagine he would be skating with Kuhn and Cullen if we was in. Not like he needs rest right now.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Call me crazy but Kunitz has actually had some offensive chances this series. And I think he has one more point than Sid *sigh*.

87 is doing a good job defensively but we're going to need him offensively at some point this series. I hope it's tonight.

Yes Geno has consistently set up Kunitz. He's just blown his chances. Kunitz' brain is still there, he just lost his hands and ability.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yes Geno has consistently set up Kunitz. He's just blown his chances. Kunitz' brain is still there, he just lost his hands and ability.

Kunitz shots have been on net more, and he has not outright flubbed chances. At least compared to how he has been he has been better.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Kunitz shots have been on net more, and he has not outright flubbed chances. At least compared to how he has been he has been better.

Yeah sure, he hasn't been a dumpster fire, but he's getting all the chances because Geno is setting him up and Washington is leaving him open.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

What a standard we have for this guy. If he puts his skates on the right feet and doesn't soil himself we're basically content. :laugh:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
The D pairings are not how I expected at all, but I guess Dumoulin and Pouliot trade places a ton.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What a standard we have for this guy. If he puts his skates on the right feet and doesn't soil himself we're basically content. :laugh:

Given that he obviously is going to play, you take what you can.

He was demoted from Crosby's line. Baby steps, baby steps.

The fact that he looked better, if only by comparison to a very low bar, is confirmation of the rightness of the opinion.

If he is going to play where would you put him? Break up the Bones line to put him on it? Fourth line? Back to Crosby's?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hello, I am from the future. Congrats on the 2016 Cup guys. I made this video for you guys. It shows some highlights from Game 5 when Sestito is in the lineup with Letang. The NHL wouldn't let me have the video so I changed the names from Sestito to Glatt, Letang to Laflamme and from Wilson to Oldfield so I could use it. Then I made a montage of the rest of the 2016 SCP. Enjoy.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
I don't think anyone on the team hates losing to Grape Ape more than Malkin, given their history. This is a prime spot for one of his otherworldly performances.
I just don't know if he's healthy enough... and he'll have to do it on the PP if Kunitz doesn't somehow morph into a good player again.

LGP.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think anyone on the team hates losing to Grape Ape more than Malkin, given their history. This is a prime spot for one of his otherworldly performances.
I just don't know if he's healthy enough... and he'll have to do it on the PP if Kunitz doesn't somehow morph into a good player again.

LGP.

Geno's the only hot head left, please don't penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad