GDT: ECSF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Carolina Hurricanes, 3:30 PM, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just want to say, as with the Isles and Bolts out, the Devils are my next team, and I've been rocking my Tatar jersey all over NYC this weekend while visiting family.

I'm going to guess I'm the only one with that jersey, to include that badass 40th anniversary patch, but glad the game had such a great outcome and rocking that thing with pride.

Devils have been my third team since Brodeur, my family player of all time, and I follow Slovak players so easy decision to get a Tatar jersey for this season.

I love how there is no quit in this team and hope this game pushes the momentum back to the Devils.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just want to say, as with the Isles and Bolts out, the Devils are my next team, and I've been rocking my Tatar jersey all over NYC this weekend while visiting family.

I'm going to guess I'm the only one with that jersey, to include that badass 40th anniversary patch, but glad the game had such a great outcome and rocking that thing with pride.

Devils have been my third team since Brodeur, my family player of all time, and I follow Slovak players so easy decision to get a Tatar jersey for this season.

I love how there is no quit in this team and hope this game pushes the momentum back to the Devils.
The 40th anniversary patch is a big improvement to the jerseys. I still don’t really like them but I like them a lot more with the patch than without it

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The 40th anniversary patch is a big improvement to the jerseys. I still don’t really like them but I like them a lot more with the patch than without it

I agree. I will always stand by the opinion that the Devils not only have the best logo in the league, the Cup winning years were the best jerseys in all of hockey. I was kinda let down with the current set, but once they had the patch released I had to get one.

I think of this every time I wear it, but I only say it in my head so people don't think I'm insane.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I agree. I will always stand by the opinion that the Devils not only have the best logo in the league, the Cup winning years were the best jerseys in all of hockey. I was kinda let down with the current set, but once they had the patch released I had to get one.

I think of this every time I wear it, but I only say it in my head so people don't think I'm insane.

I was hoping we went to something like this just with an unedited logo and maybe swap the black and red on the white jerseys. I was really hoping we'd go back to the OG template and just swap out the green for black.

ryo8umqj8nr91.png

vb7n6lqj8nr91.png

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Man, i am softening on these Bolts fans.

I was so mad about TB stomping us out in 1st round back in that Hall year, with Kuch dishing out that questionable headshot on Sami Vatanen....and all those glorious SCFs...and something with Hedman and Nico. The sting lasted for years.

....But now that we have Palat... I kinda see them in a new light...

And Some TB fans are even rooting for us this playoffs....

Time is certainly a softener...!

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I was hoping we went to something like this just with an unedited logo and maybe swap the black and red on the white jerseys. I was really hoping we'd go back to the OG template and just swap out the green for black.

ryo8umqj8nr91.png

vb7n6lqj8nr91.png

Those are really well done! And honestly that minor tweak to the logo isn't bad. Reminds me of the Bolts when they switched from their original logo to a modern version.

I was so mad about TB stomping us out in 1st round back in that Hall year, with Kuch dishing out that questionable headshot on Sami Vatanen....and all those glorious SCFs...and something with Hedman and Nico. The sting lasted for years.

Haha. I'd consider myself a pretty fair fan and will be critical of my own team when needed. I also get tons of shit from the Bolts fans for being an Islanders fan first (I'm from NY) despite living down here. Apparently there's a rule you can't like more than one team. Well I don't follow that rule. Coming from TB sports fans who rarely support a team who isn't winning, I don't take much stock in that.

I've played goalie for most of my life and Brodeur was always my favorite. While the Islanders and Bolts looked like crap for most of my youth, seeing those Devils Cup wins with that man in net was awe inspiring. At the time it wasn't an issue for the Islanders fan in me because the Islanders were so far from being relevant.

Now it's odd with all three teams being good, but there's just a ranking for my fanship. Isles, Bolts, then Devils. Odd or whatever it is, I've followed and enjoyed all three for so long I have no plan on changing.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
seeing how the leafs no showed in a must win game 3 compared to what happened in newark yesterday this team def has some fight in them and don't want the ride to end. just dont understand why it takes being down 0-2 to get them motivated to show up and play hard. i was way more worried going into msg down 0-2 then i was yesterday

The Rangers series was nerves. Could easily tell that with how they were playing the first two games in front of their home crowd.

This series, Carolina had time to prepare and had the last change / match up choices in Carolina. I'd seriously consider going 11F/7D in Carolina and present matchup problems for them.

I was hoping they would insert Luke and put Timo with Jack. Makes too much sense. Get Luke in there too with them in Carolina as much as possible and create matchup nightmares for them.

I'm not a fan of VV at all. Need to stay away from him. Maybe they just wanted to give Schmid a few day breather.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

Hate them bastards .... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I'm sure winning two Cups since then have made them more magnanimous.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

They're also gonna be rooting for us over Florida if we win this series.

Though I don't know if they hate the Panthers as much as the Panthers hate them. Probably because the Panthers have had little success and it's the Lightning beating them the last two years in the playoffs.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I don't really think there's much difference between Schmid and Vanecek at this point - each have weaknesses that Carolina can exploit.

The issue is the Devils team defense. Gap control needs to improve. Puck management / decisions with the puck at the blue lines need to improve.

I'm hoping Lindy is looking game plan tweaks for tomorrow. It doesn't feel like the Devils have found a structural flaw that they can exploit.

The canes weakness is fully exposed once you get out of your own zone. That's all they need to figure out. I'm not convinced they fully figured it out yet because matchups do help a lot here, but maybe Smith/Luke really was a massive help over Bahl/Graves.

I'm 100% confident Luke was a massive help, but Smith over Bahl could've been a factor too? I don't want to see Graves come back in this series (but you know he will), he's just too slow.

It’s the new NHL, you can win with mediocre goaltending. Possession of the puck, limit mistakes, maximize speed and quickness. Let the young guns prevail.

Vanacek was worse than mediocre every game though.

Reactions: Bleedred

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It was really amusing in the broadcast yesterday where they talked about how it seemed we don't rifle the puck enough on the PP, making it easier for Carolina to defend and ultimately take control. Sure enough, Palat fires a one-timer top shelf as their sentence ends.

The team definitely needs to start developing a shooting mentality on the PP because the Hurricanes are feasting on us with the man advantage.

It wasn't just the shot. Luke created that perfect opening by being aggressive and forcing the canes to get out of position. The 1st pp unit just keeps passing it around on the perimeter really slowly and making it really predictable and the opposing team has 0 difficulty adjusting and getting into position.

I do agree though...just shooting it at the net would be a good start. However, one of the problems is that we have a RH d-man on the point and no RH shot on the left side. It does make a difference.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Jack Han had a brief post on this. He said the Devils PP likes to skate it around a lot (i.e. Jack), which makes them uniquely susceptible to the Canes high-pressure PK. They need to just move the puck faster.

Anyway, now that they're back in the series, can Lindy just decline the PPs? Maybe get the boys to take a penalty whenever they see the arm go up for them?

lmao...funny enough they'd prob be way more dangerous 4 on 4.

You see the best PP teams are constantly circling between three players while the other two try to set screens or get open if the cross-ice pass opens up. I feel like our bumper guy is just always kind of standing around waiting for something to happen while Jack and Dougie play catch. It's been this way all season regardless of who occupies that spot.

yep, our bumper guys never seem to know what to do

Reactions: bossram

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
as bad as the devils have been 5on4 versus the canes (and it's BAD), the canes have also been psychotically lucky. Just an entirely unsustainable situation. It's a bad stylistic matchup for us, but no PK is an honest +8 (or whatever the f*** it is this year now) against any PP in the league. It'll be better going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Wooow. Just saw the Tatar hit on Aho again.

Why isnt no one talking about this? How cant it be a multiple game suspension??

Because it wasn’t a big deal. He ended up getting a $5,000 fine and I don’t even think that was deserved.

Tater spins around and hits the back of Aho’s helmet. It wasn’t targeted, it just happened.

Hughes lost a tooth and got cut open by a high stick and there wasn’t even a 2 minute penalty called in it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad