Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - The Morning After

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Not being sarcastic with this but what do you think has been a more relevant factor in the Bruins being down 2-1 in this series : A. Being without Tuukka Rask or B . Dealing with bubble fatigue and missing family ?

Last time Rask played them in the playoffs he went 1 and 4, this has a lot more to do with them being a one line scoring team 5 on 5 and living off power play goals. They are making the series very easy for Vas. Bruins have half the quality scoring chances versus what the Bolts are getting gifted by our slow/softer dee. Switch goalies on these teams and the result is not much different.

Pasta looks to be playing injured as he avoids most physical confrontations. He is more than likely still not recovered from what I suspect is a rib injury. The core is aging, Chara is all but done. He tries but they are on him fast, no one escapes father time.

The second line has 2 streaky wingers, Kase has not even started a streak. Coyle is targeted because he has no wingers near his skill. Forth line does what it can and they are fine. Two small dee and two slow puck movers that have all the pucks dumped in on their side. To top it off our dee scores only on us. Tampa is just imposing their will on them and out working the Bruins.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
They'll either respond and show they want to continue playing or pack it in because they've had enough of the bubble

I REALLY want them to respond with their best effort of the playoffs and tie this series, but I can't help thinking that some of the players have already mentally checked out

Disagree about last year

The bubble playoff format is a completely different situation from last year

..apples to oranges

well allow me to extrapolate;

The bruins got extremely lucky last year in that they didn't have to face Washington or Tampa, and faced a muffin in the canes for the finals, a good match up in the jackets, and a team that has serious mental demons against us

this year, the bruins didn't get that luck and have to face the team that conventional wisdom would have had us facing last year. and now we are seeing the bruins really pushed on whether or not they really are contenders or pretenders

in my mind if the bruins were truly contenders, they never would have let the series against the blues go as far as it did, and in my mind if the bruins are truly contenders now, theyll beat tampa tonight and theyll beat them in game 5 or at least make a game of it. if they get pushed around again tonight and narrowly win, this series is over in 6

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
To regroup and get motivated.....Sometimes getting trounced on the score board is better than losing a 2-1 triple OT game.

Bruins will take game 4.

The days off are a good thing.
Hope you are right. I felt game 3, alot of Bruins players seemed intimidated by TB, D backing up to much. T B speed seems to be a headache for Bruins D. If Halak ain’t great, the tisk of another collapse is there.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I hate to say this but Chara needs to sit or have less min. He is too slow to play against Tampa top line. Spot him PK and 3 paring D. LOve the guy but his time has come to hang em up I think.

Wont happen. Only way he will sit is if he's injured.
But I agree, it would help us, just like it helped Tampa when McDonagh got hurt.

If we just swap Lauzon for Chara right now, I think we have a better D. Chara has just looked so bad especially this series so far. Especially after game 1.

McAvoy-Gryz
Krug-Carlo
Lauzon-Clifton

Reactions: lopey

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Bruins don’t play till Sunday

plenty of time to get their shit together

they win Sunday they don’t play until Tuesday. They likely will be up 3-2 or down 3-2 on the back end Wednesday plenty at stake

Cassidy needs to put young legs like Clifton & Studnicka in this lineup

I’m sure Neely & Sweeney went off at the head of officiating at the bubble - you can’t hide up there

Bruins better be ready and working on their PP because there is a good chance they are going to get the fare shake

glad Halak has 3 days off he should be good

Cassidy pregame speech should be 4 words

f***ing attack these pricks
Well.. this is good post. Only question, if we don’t control the puck time possession, that means we will have d backing up and will pass alot of time in our zone.
To attack these pricks, some of the players up front will have to get their nose dirty, especially around Tampa net. To much players getting rub with no answer. Maybe Chara will need to do some visit around Tampa net and see what Hedman or Coburn will respond.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Not being sarcastic with this but what do you think has been a more relevant factor in the Bruins being down 2-1 in this series : A. Being without Tuukka Rask or B . Dealing with bubble fatigue and missing family ?

I would say neither. The team had back to back fatigue from being the older team. Game 2 was close and Bs played well enough to win.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I feel like we are watching groundhog day year after year with this team. Look what Pageau has done with the Islanders. He was the perfect get for us at the deadline. This GM, has to go. He is never going to be a cup winning GM. He will keep us just competitive enough to sell out the building. He is Sinden 2. Accept Sinden had balls. He made deals. This guy, is the most scared GM i have ever seen. The defense, which is supposed to be a strength of the team, is small, weak, lacks any snarl other then McAvoy. Krug at this point is playing not to get hurt. Sit him. This team must look into Pietrangelo if he becomes available. Hopefully Rask retires so we can put his money to good use. Krug should be gone so we have his 5 milion. Keep Bergie and Krejci and Coyle down the middle Chara is gone. Krug, Chara, Moore, Rask.....Gone. Thats about 15-16 million. I would also look to see what i can get for Carlo. The guy is a big wet napkin. Not very good offensively. Lets see if we can get a sucker team to give us a great deal. Kase looks OK. If he could score. So many thhings going through my head right now. Number one is this GM is scared, and not the brightest harvard guy around. The 2015 draft was not just a mistake. It was an outright organizational disaster. Give me Chiarelli any day of the week. Balls and a cup. Sweeney could not have gotten us Pageau ???.....Really. Could we have gotten a more perfect guy. This yeam may still win this year but i am seeing too much of what i saw the last few years. Not enough scoring and a very small over powered defense.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
NHL has told NBC that they want to play Game 4 on Saturday with a puck drop of 8:08 AM :help:

This may be that thing where you hear a rumor in high school from two "separate" sources that turn out to be the same source - especially if Allred is peeking here....but either way, that SUCKS. Hockey goes with beer, not coffee.

But on the other hand I totally get why they want to do it. There's a hard exit date for the bubble (although if the NHL is smart they're trying to renegotiate that.) They want to get as many games in as possible as fast as possible. It means that most series probably should go on a two-day-on/one-day-off schedule and that 3 games play on Saturday.

There are also other events that interfere from NBC's perspective. PGA at 3 is probably a hard stop for NBC coverage and NBCSN has Tour de France and Indy Car. They can shove NHL on CNBC or USA - but those probably don't get the ratings from people stumbling onto them looking for "anything" (NBC) or "sports" (NBCSN).

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Honestly? Neither.

I think Tampa's more talented and a bad match-up, so the Bruins' chances rest on being able to out-coach, out-work, and out-smart them. I don't think the series is over because they can do all of those things, but they need to accept that they weren't going to be able to just beat Tampa straight up. They have to come up with something creative, and they need to start playing like they know what Tampa's going to do because Tampa certainly knows how the Bruins play and knows how to attack it.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Honestly? Neither.

I think Tampa's more talented and a bad match-up, so the Bruins' chances rest on being able to out-coach, out-work, and out-smart them. I don't think the series is over because they can do all of those things, but they need to accept that they weren't going to be able to just beat Tampa straight up. They have to come up with something creative, and they need to start playing like they know what Tampa's going to do because Tampa certainly knows how the Bruins play and knows how to attack it.
Our bottom 6 needs to have someone step up. We do not match up well here though. I was hoping Coyle would be the guy, but playing with these wingers is slowing him down IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad