Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - The Morning After

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This thread is to discuss where the Bruins stand after last night's debacle.

We are not trying to take a blind eye in what is happening in the real world that has spilled over to the other sports leagues led by the NBA. However, this thread will be BRUINS related only, and any attempt to hijack the thread will be dealt with by the Mods.

upload_2020-8-27_9-22-24.png

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
My confidence has drastically changed over these past two games, however they are far from out of it. Bruce needs to make some lineup changes and take some risk. Stud on the first line? Seny in the lineup? Frederic in? I'm not sure the answer, but this team needs to spread out the scoring so that we don't have to rely on the 1st line and the PP all game. The 2nd and 3rd line need to get going.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
"Pushovers"

Sums it up. They played game 3 like they knew the series ended in game 2...which there's a good chance it did. They blew their shot to take a 2-0 lead and they opened game 3 feeling sorry for themselves. What's more, they didn't just start game 3 feeling sorry for themselves, they continued and finished that way too.

This isn't a talent issue

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
KPD is such a shit stirrer and his writing style is annoying

I had a bad feeling all day about that game but I saw something more like 4-2/4-1

I really hope the bruins can pull a blues last year after we routed them and punch the lightning in the mouth

i hope they can take the next two games. they need game 4 and they really should give it their all there and in game 5 so they don't run into game 6 and have a similar situation to losing game 2 and playing the back to back with no momentum

Last edited:

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Oh boy I was so angry last night that I wanted to throw the whole team to waivers.
It's one loss. Hope we see some adjustments to reffing and also in the lineup.
It'll be better, cant actually be any worse.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Watching last night's game was borderline torture. I can't really think of anything else to say about the game that I can post here without getting an infraction.

Ritchie should be done for the playoffs. Stupid penalties, low effort, and not the physical force management seems to think he is.

If we're going to let up 3+ goals a game, we need to be able to score. I come back next game with these lines:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Bjork-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
4th

same D as games 1 and 2.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Watching last night's game was borderline torture. I can't really think of anything else to say about the game that I can post here without getting an infraction.

Ritchie should be done for the playoffs. Stupid penalties, low effort, and not the physical force management seems to think he is.

If we're going to let up 3+ goals a game, we need to be able to score. I come back next game with these lines:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Bjork-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
4th

same D as games 1 and 2.

im on the same page mostly but wouldn't put Bjork on the second line and maybe not even in

i love bjork and wish he was bringing more but its not time to keep giving him chances

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
One of the only positives that i can see coming from this is that it should be a wake up call to every member of this team. The Bruins need a response game tomorrow.

Reactions: trenton1

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
This defensive mentality is not going to work on the top teams in the finals.
One decent D watching the back of a not so good D man is not going to work in SC finals

Reactions: bbfan419

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
One of the only positives that i can see coming from this is that it should be a wake up call to every member of this team. The Bruins need a response game tomorrow.

yea, almost better to get routed and then wake the f*** up rather than lose each game by one goal until suddenly they look around and realize theyre eliminated

i think that's what happened for the blues last year personally. Let's see how the bruins can respond

if they can make this a series, we'll know the bruins are for real, if they can't, we'll know they never really had business being in the final last year

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hopefully they are completely embarrassed and are now motivated to get their act together and be the team we saw in the last part of the regular season.

If not, I'm going to need a lot more cookies.

I would like to agree with you about the embarrassment and the motivation to bounce back, but this hasn't been with this team since they returned from the regular season.

There is no fight in the Bruins.

I expect 1-3 after Friday night.

Get off your arse Bruins we fans can't play the games.

Go Bruins

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
First period was fine, unlucky even. 2nd period and 3rd period made no sense to me, they just kind of quit playing, not trying to blame Halak too much here but I don't think this is even winnable without Rask. Halak and Vlader are going to give up 3+ a game on just about every night against these guys.

Only the 1st line is scoring again as well.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
If the second line gets going and they find the right guys to be with Coyle, they can win this series or at least go the distance. Otherwise it's over in 5 or 6. The loss of Rask really arrived last night. But no goalie is responsible for the pathetic forecheck and lack of sustained pressure or shots that the Bruins produced last night and the night before for the most part.

Halak still can give them a chance, but the Bruins are not a contender unless Kase (or his replacement) is a top 6 scoring forward. Right now Kase looks like a rookie call-up who has lost energy and confidence after the adrenaline of his first few games wore off. Need Kuraly back as well. He is good for one big goal per series.

The season is on the line tomorrow night, IMO.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
First period was fine, unlucky even. 2nd period and 3rd period made no sense to me, they just kind of quit playing, not trying to blame Halak too much here but I don't think this is even winnable without Rask. Halak and Vlader are going to give up 3+ a game on just about every night against these guys.

Only the 1st line is scoring again as well.

i think they quit after the 4th goal

the first two were WTF goals and they kept trying, the third almost broke them but they kept at it and scored. but once tampa made it 4-1 they lost some will and tampa was feeling it. Throw in a rookie goalie and you get three more. Makes total sense to me

the bruins need to be a lot more puck hungry no matter what, tampa is constantly beating them to pucks and its not a speed problem overall, its a desire problem.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It's one game; $#it happens. That said, we haven't matched up well against Tampa the last few years. Anyone who said or thought this was going to be an easy series for Boston was/is delusional. I knew going in this was/is going to be a very difficult series. It is not unwinnable for Boston but it will be very difficult. For Boston to win they need to out work, capitalize on their chances, and play with a determined purpose and urgency. At the moment Tampa has confidence, but that can change in a moment, Boston just has to want it more.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
yea, almost better to get routed and then wake the f*** up rather than lose each game by one goal until suddenly they look around and realize theyre eliminated

i think that's what happened for the blues last year personally. Let's see how the bruins can respond

if they can make this a series, we'll know the bruins are for real, if they can't, we'll know they never really had business being in the final last year

Agreed. Although I'm starting to think that last year was the better team. Acciari and Mojo seem better than Ritchie and Kase (thus far).

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mindblowing, really. Its unacceptable. Out of all the players, maybe 3 didnt quit. The rest? Out there gliding on the ice. Shit passes. The occasional dipsy do. Its just mindblowing. We were unlucky in the first yes, but we were only down 2. You dont quit. You step the f up. They blew it. All of them minus McAvoy, Krug, and Nordstrom. They had big hits and stepped up. Where was Ritchie? He was brought here to do what they did last night. Ya know, be physical and fight back. He did nothing. You let that kid Vladar out to dry. Put players in there that want to play hard and win the game. The strategy Bruce tried yesterday didnt work. Time to fix it. Put Clifton back in the damn lineup. Mess with the lines. Its do or die time. Friday will be a test. Are you going to let Tampa run all over you and laugh? Or are you going to wake up angry and motivated? Thats the key. I expect a win friday, and I expect a complete shift.

Reactions: BMC and HumBucker

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I don’t know about you guys, but I was impressed with the Bruins effort last night. It’s not easy to both suck and blow at once, but by god they did it.

All joking aside, the come out Friday and tie this thing game 3 won’t matter. It wasn’t an elimination game. Should you feel good about it? Hell no.

Still a lot of series left.

I used up my entire surplus of positivity for the day in this post. God help us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad