Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - The Morning After

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am sorry to hear you have been under that ugly cloud and I am sure losing Frodo added to that. I truly hope it does lift soon. That is a long time. :(
Yes. You know why. The loss of Frodo was difficult but it is the state of my country that has me depressed for 3+ years. It really gets to me.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
What is next with the NHL, double headers... 8 am is nuts...Can't see NBC going for this. Outside of the die hard Bruins-TB fans, who is going to watch?
I will but I live in England so it's a 1300 start time for me.

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I will either be in the yard with the kids on Saturday afternoon, or inside trying to keep them entertained if the weather isn't cooperating.

So I'll be watching this one around 9pm Saturday night I guess.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bruins at noon on Saturday and 7pm on Monday.
Philly vs Isles get prime time game Saturday night at 7, then play Sunday night at 8. If I were making schedules I’d think the Flyers Isles would benefit from the noon game tomorrow. I’m bias I despise noon games
This works for me.

Other than work I do nothing. My neighbor and I are braving it Sat at 6 pm and going to the Tupelo for an outdoor socially distanced concert for a James Taylor wannabe. Two to a table and spaced. I was bummed that the B's would be at night so noon works for me !

GO B'S. I just KNOW this will be a better game!

Can the B's win tomorrow??? I say MAYBE. It is GahdenRinkRat's Birthday !

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Yes. You know why. The loss of Frodo was difficult but it is the state of my country that has me depressed for 3+ years. It really gets to me.

It gets to me and I live in Canada, so I can't imagine. Hopefully the Bruins will boost our spirits a little tomorrow. I am welcoming the 12:00 start time, gives me a break before trying to go to sleep, win or lose.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
honestly I don't get it

why don't they play Thurs games on Sat, Fri games on Sunday etc.

This really messes up my schedule

By extension that's pushing the whole schedule out 2 days. Although actually - the old schedule ended on Sept 3 while the new one ends on Sept 5. I think the goal is to put as many games as possible as early as possible and hope a few series - particularly in the East - end early.

I think ultimately they wanted to front-load the schedule as much as possible - particularly so they could get lots of games on this weekend. I'm sure there are other considerations (car racing, PGA, and Tour De France) that block out either NBC or NBCSN. While they can use USA or CNBC, when you're channel surfing, people who "want to see sports" tune to NBCSN, while people who "want to see a movie" go to USA and people who want Shark Tank reruns on the weekend go to CNBC.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
By extension that's pushing the whole schedule out 2 days. Although actually - the old schedule ended on Sept 3 while the new one ends on Sept 5. I think the goal is to put as many games as possible as early as possible and hope a few series - particularly in the East - end early.

I think ultimately they wanted to front-load the schedule as much as possible - particularly so they could get lots of games on this weekend. I'm sure there are other considerations (car racing, PGA, and Tour De France) that block out either NBC or NBCSN. While they can use USA or CNBC, when you're channel surfing, people who "want to see sports" tune to NBCSN, while people who "want to see a movie" go to USA and people who want Shark Tank reruns on the weekend go to CNBC.

NBC had to some juggling - The FedEx Golf playoffs and NASCAR were both untouchable.

USA was out because of a heavily promoted Harry Potter marathon and CNBC was not an option as since the channel is seen in Canada they need 48 hours notice to block it from Canadian cable systems. This was hashed out overnight and the break came when Hotel X in Toronto agreed to extend the bubble deadline as they wanted to reopen to the public for Labour Day weekend.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

actually, when games get shifted to other networks. it's why you simply see the generic NBC Sports ticker, no matter what the event is, even if it's NBCSN

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
This schedule is not going to be good for the Bruins if it manages to go 7 games. Wednesday's game should have been cancelled.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I hate to say this but Chara needs to sit or have less min. He is too slow to play against Tampa top line. Spot him PK and 3 paring D. LOve the guy but his time has come to hang em up I think.
Sit Chara. Absolutely not.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I will either be in the yard with the kids on Saturday afternoon, or inside trying to keep them entertained if the weather isn't cooperating.

So I'll be watching this one around 9pm Saturday night I guess.
Whatever the time..........or day for that matter. Enjoy watching Bruins tie the series up!

Reactions: TD Charlie

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
McAvoy Carlo

Chara Krug

Did I just hear this right..............todays hockey games postponed?
I just checked NHL.com it is still on today. Hopefully the Bruins show up and not protest a day early like the last game.

Reactions: lopey

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I think Cassidy missed an opportunity in game 3. He's got young fresh forwards itching to get in there. What's the worst that could of happened we lose 8-1?.

If he wants to try different players that's fine but on a back to back where some players are already not in good enough shape (RITCHIE) you should try to replace his game. I would of thrown Frederic in there as 4th line center. Stud with Coyle on 3rd line.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think Cassidy missed an opportunity in game 3. He's got young fresh forwards itching to get in there. What's the worst that could of happened we lose 8-1?.

If he wants to try different players that's fine but on a back to back where some players are already not in good enough shape (RITCHIE) you should try to replace his game. I would of thrown Frederic in there as 4th line center. Stud with Coyle on 3rd line.

Pretty sure Cassidy would have made different moves if he knew beforehand that they were going to lose 7-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->