[ECSF GAME 3] 5/22/22 - 1:30PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #3 Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKLightning

Aug 19, 2020
Seem to remember some bs thread saying that Barkov was a top 30 or 50 player and Stammer was not.
What a giggle in hindsight.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Tampa is starting to kill my interest in the postseason. And I was happy to see them win their first Cup. Now I'll be just be glad when this is all over.

Reactions: Alwalys and HabsQC

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
1st round = Its the Leafs. No one is afraid of them. Leafs will bottle it as usual and they did.
2nd round = Panthers. Yes, Presidents trophy winner but lack of good coaching, lack of experiences and lack of playoff drives. It's frustrating but there is a possibility that a blowout series might happen for them (it is even worse).

CAR and NYR are pretty seasoned playoff performer. They are not a pushover unlike both Leafs and Panthers. Tampa still the favourite but NYR and CAR will make them sweat a bit more (and they have possibilities to lose to them).

CAR beats Tampa. NYR may not get even one game off them

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Huberdeau looks like Marner and Barkov like Matthews there. Need more from both.

Ekblad is just very bad.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
FLA's D just is suspect and Bob has never been his best in the postseason so I was surprised why so many had FLA winning this in 5 or 6. A sweep does shock me, a loss in 5 would slightly, a loss in 6 is what I had

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
1st round = Its the Leafs. No one is afraid of them. Leafs will bottle it as usual and they did.
2nd round = Panthers. Yes, Presidents trophy winner but lack of good coaching, lack of experiences and lack of playoff drives. It's frustrating but there is a possibility that a blowout series might happen for them (it is even worse).

CAR and NYR are pretty seasoned playoff performer. They are not a pushover unlike both Leafs and Panthers. Tampa still the favourite but NYR and CAR will make them sweat a bit more (and they have possibilities to lose to them).
Sorry, how are the NYR seasoned playoff performers? This is the first year for the current group.

Reactions: HabsQC

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Proof that while the Atlantic is a bloodbath, Tampa is still the juggernaut of that powerhouse division.

Teams like Toronto and Florida would probably run through divisions like the Pacific, but the Lightning are too good.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Florida has been pitiful. They were expected to down the Lightning.

I’m not sure they were expected to down the Lightning. Playoffs are a different beast.

Florida has been pitiful though, I agree with you on that point.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Proof that while the Atlantic is a bloodbath, Tampa is still the juggernaut of that powerhouse division.

Teams like Toronto and Florida would probably run through divisions like the Pacific, but the Lightning are too good.
Toronto put in a good showing but I don’t think Florida’s display deserves any crowing about how the Atlantic is so tough and that they’d run through another division…not by a long shot.

Tampa has been good as we knew they would be but I don’t think this version of Florida does much better against the Flames or Oilers. McDavid would absolute ruin that blueline every time he has the puck.

This is not the series you want to make the example of “how deep and awesome and better than everybody” the Atlantic is.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Huberdeau looks like Marner and Barkov like Matthews there. Need more from both.

Ekblad is just very bad.
I watched a lot of the Maple leafs vs Tampa Bay lightning series.

Huberdeau hasn't even showed half of what Marner did in round 1. By far the most dissapointing player on the Panthers.

Matthews was better offensively than Barkov as well.

Reactions: The90

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Leafs did good against Tampa and outplayed them, they just choked up game 6 OT and 7 couldn't finish at all, found a way to lose.

Florida is a bunch of birds, snow birds. Yall get NO RESPEK in that handshake line

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tampa is a perfect organisation and has 6-7 key player, which have a winning DNA and are playoffs warriors (Vasi, Hedman, McDonough, Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, maybe also Cirelli)

They know when and how to step up, if it matters. This core carries the other players and makes them also shine. Remember last year third line Gourde/Goodrow/Coleman. When they are gone (with good contracts), most thought Tampa will be weaker.
But Paul, Perry, Hagel and Bellemare took over their role, even with better results.

Tampa has a historical strong core. Until Vasi, Hedman and Kucherov are there, they are contender.
I wouldnt say Paul, Hagel, Perry, and Bellemare took over with better results. But they have been good replacements. Gourde, Goodrow, and Coleman we so stupidly elite as a third line, you can't diminish or underestimate the 3 of them were.

Reactions: U55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad