[ECSF GAME 3] 5/22/22 - 1:30PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #3 Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
While Vasy has had the better series, it's not like he's stealing games and Bob hasn't had a bad series. Lightning have simply outplayed the Panthers in all facets of the game.
Maybe I'm a little sore about that 2-1 goal Bob let in. Not impressed

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Not even close, Point is far superior to Stamkos.
They are both great but Stamkos is better currently. He just leads by example and does everything to win. Point is a gamer for sure and is great. Comparing stats and numbers you would believe STamkos is a superior player, but Point is great in his own way. His skating and two-way play is great. He is the perfect compliment to Stamkos.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Bobrovsky is the only one playing worth a damn for Florida.

I do think Marchment is a big loss for them though.

Then you have an injured Verhaeghe and an overmatched Lundell (scratched today), all of the sudden their depth doesn't seem to be much of a weapon.

Reactions: Hoek

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Even there he was completely hung out to dry by both his d-men being behind the goal line and leaving the slot wide open.
Cernak wasnt in the slot or even in tight, and there was no traffic to block the view of it, and no deflection

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
FTY3DEjWUAAwgyj

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Tampa is apparently going to get to rest quite a bit after this, going into the Conference finals...

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Time to be concerned when the B2B champs have more desire than you do

Tampa playing like a scrappy 8th seed who has never tasted playoff glory

If there is one thing I'm happy with this series (and the previous one) then it is that Tampa still shows enormous hunger for more success, even after back-to-back Stanley Cups.
I was somewhat expecting them to be quite satisfied with what they have achieved and not fight too hard if the opponents put up a really tough fight.
I was wrong.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I Love Brayden Point, I really do. He's a legit Franchise player. With that said.....

Stamkos>Point
Kucherov>>>>>Point

He's not the best forward we have. Kind of irks me that the announcers build him up as such. Dunno why.
Absolutely not. Point is by far better than Stamkos, not even close tbh. And this is not say Stammer is bad, but just how good Pointer is.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy and U55

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
They are both great but Stamkos is better currently. He just leads by example and does everything to win. Point is a gamer for sure and is great. Comparing stats and numbers you would believe STamkos is a superior player, but Point is great in his own way. His skating and two-way play is great. He is the perfect compliment to Stamkos.
Stammers has had arguably his best season of his career. Great captain as well.

MomoSissokko

Feb 16, 2010
Tampa is a perfect organisation and has 6-7 key player, which have a winning DNA and are playoffs warriors (Vasi, Hedman, McDonough, Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, maybe also Cirelli)

They know when and how to step up, if it matters. This core carries the other players and makes them also shine. Remember last year third line Gourde/Goodrow/Coleman. When they are gone (with good contracts), most thought Tampa will be weaker.
But Paul, Perry, Hagel and Bellemare took over their role, even with better results.

Tampa has a historical strong core. Until Vasi, Hedman and Kucherov are there, they are contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad