ECSF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers | 7pm EST | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Oh you don't think Leaf fans who hadn't seen round 2 for nearly 20 years and are constantly the butt end of the 2004 jokes were not allowed to be ecstatic about seeing the second round? The Leafs themselves didn't celebrate like they won a cup. Just the fans. The fans are not playing. Your point is nonsense.
We were there last year, and I believe it was 25 years or so. Don't feed the haters.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
It ain't over until its over....but the Panthers are sitting in a nice spot right now.

Reactions: Devonator

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Florida is not good defensively but they aren’t gonna have that third period or first period every game. They absolutely stole a game they didn’t play super well in and that isn’t consolation for Toronto.

Reactions: Vilam and Devonator

Strangle

May 4, 2009
This series is far from over. Toronto has had a lot of quality stretches in both games, but haven’t found a way to come out on top. Florida is doing everything out there, each guy giving absolutely everything. Textbook example of earning the bounces. Bobrovsky was a savage tonight and they are getting dangerous looks of their own in the midst of also allowing their share of them.

I’m not defeated yet either. Leafs can go steal 2 in Florida.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Tkachuk yes, Bennett no. He's an average player that plays an extremely dirty game, he's made 3 suspendable plays already in this series. No doubt Parros would have thrown the book at him after the elbow in game 1, he'd be out for the series.

Tkachuk is actually an elite level player, probably the best power forward in the game. Dirty but skilled. Bennett is just a little bitch.
Lmao. I don’t believe you!!

And that wasn’t suspendable, c’mon

Reactions: Ratsreign and Vilam

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
No margin for error for Toronto left. Still think they've got a shot, but Bobrovsky is on it, and Florida knows how to take advantage of the opportunities they get. The problem the Leafs have is they never seem to be all that arsed about margins of error and decide to dog it at times. Hopefully Knies is okay. If he's out, you have to go 11-7. Gustafsson isn't a world beater, but you have to play a bit of zone and limit the minutes for the bottom pairing.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Tkachuk yes, Bennett no. He's an average player that plays an extremely dirty game, he's made 3 suspendable plays already in this series. No doubt Parros would have thrown the book at him after the elbow in game 1, he'd be out for the series.

Tkachuk is actually an elite level player, probably the best power forward in the game. Dirty but skilled. Bennett is just a little bitch.
yeah true. If he dove he’d be bunting

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’d be shocked if the Leafs came back. They outplayed Florida and lost both. They will have a stinker at some point. They put themselves in a bad spot.

Other problem is Florida lost 3 and 4 at home last time. I’m not sure if any team has ever done that in consecutive series as the road team before so chances are this will be 3-1 Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad