Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 7:08 PM - BRUINS (1) vs Tampa Bay (0) - NBCSN, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Scary to think that the new PP1 unit hasn't even had time to really gel and they look good. Krejci on PP1 is a game changer
They've been steadily climbing every game. Putting Krejci on that unit was Bruce's best decision to date.

He and Pasta are electric together. Non playoff related but I really hope we see them both on a line at the 2022 Olympics.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They have improved every game since coming back. That’s all i ask that they continue. Just be better than your last effort.

Boston has had trouble stepping on the throat of a downed opponent. Hopefully they can put a little pressure on em and take a 2-0 lead.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Won't be shocked to see him slide down tonight if McDonagh can't play

I inserted Brayden Coburn in fro McDonagh on my line up graphic because he's a game time decision.

Jeremy Lauzon and John Moore are better than him

I mean the guy (Bogosian) got bought out by the Buffalo Sabres because he was headed for Rochester.

The Buffalo Sabres. A team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade had no use for him.

Banshee

Apr 23, 2014
Concord, NH
Reflecting on game 1.... sure, Tampa had some moments of offensive zone control/flow, but I can't recall any real "Grade A" chances aside from the wrap-around save and the glove/pad save on Gourde (I think). Tampa didn't have anything like the Marchand goal, nobody left wide open next to the net like Coyle; B's hit 2 posts, and Vasilevskiy made some pretty great saves (Kase, Bjork et al).... and you won't see two luckier goals than the 2 TBL scored. So as long as the Bruins continue to do what they do, and keep the pressure on, I'm confident for this one tonight!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Won't be shocked to see him slide down tonight if McDonagh can't play

I inserted Brayden Coburn in fro McDonagh on my line up graphic because he's a game time decision.

Jeremy Lauzon and John Moore are better than him

I didn't know Braydon Coburn was still with Tampa.

Reactions: JCRO

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Same here until I went to look at their roster this morning for a McDonagh replacement.

It appears that Luke Schenn is also riding the pine in Tampa
Sheesh they're gathering the top 5 selected D in the 2008 draft lol

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Games like this become key in terms of workload for Halak.

You go up 2-0, you stand the chance to be able to close it out in 4 or 5.

You allow Tampa to even this series, you’re looking at a 6 or 7 game set, win or lose.

Hey, Tampa’s good so maybe it’s inevitable.

Still, those back to backs loom large and the heavy workload has to be a concern with Halak.

I’m not sure they would have spelled Tuukka deeper in the playoffs, but the 1/1B tandem is a luxury they no longer have.

All the more reason to have a controlled sense of urgency coming out of the gates tonight and look to take a stranglehold on this thing.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
We dominated game 1 against Tampa a couple years ago. Then lost 4 in a row.
I know this team has a much more balanced offense but Im hoping Halak stops the shots Tuukka fluffed that year. Becasue we were in constant 2-0 holes early in the games a couple years ago on some stoppable shots if I can recall.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know this team has a much more balanced offense but Im hoping Halak stops the shots Tuukka fluffed that year. Becasue we were in constant 2-0 holes early in the games a couple years ago on some stoppable shots if I can recall.
I don't want the b's (or us) to be over confident.

I will be scared until the handshake line.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You could be right but overall , I remember Rask being good in that series but did struggle against the Leafs in the previous round . Whatever the case , yeah , we need another good game from Halak .

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
i think this game is really important mainly because its the first of a back to back and if tampa wins tonight they'll be feeling it and the bruins who are older over all will have a harder time wednesday night either way. gotta get the win on the "easier" game

Reactions: Gordoff and 304

aguineapig

Scary to think that the new PP1 unit hasn't even had time to really gel and they look good. Krejci on PP1 is a game changer
Krejci plays cat and mouse along the high wall on the PP as well as anyone this side of Alexei Kovalev. Patience is a Terry Virtue at that spot of which Pasta had none. He's much better freewheeling out of the corner down low and making the bang bang play in the slot. Krejci is much more adept at playing the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad