Jan 3, 2013
Just remember:

The Devils aren't good
The Devils haven't even beaten any good teams
Wait til Thanksgiving
Wait til Christmas
The Devils will run out of gas after the all star break
The Devils can't compete with the Rangers' playoff experience

The Devils can't compete with the Hurricanes' playoff experience. Yeah, that's it.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Timo deffenilty had his eggs scrambled after that vicious intent to injure but, legal hit. Dude has some stones of steel to be willing go right back at it. He's a keeper as long he doesn't become like Ryan Clowe. This team has toughness. Just because your not a heavy team out hitting your opponents every game doesn't mean your not tough. Toughness comes in several categories and we saw that on full display in game 7 v.s the Rags. This team wants it and has what it takes!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Are they more skilled? They have Noesen, Martinook etc. in their top 6. Carolina is better coached but up front they are significantly less threatening IMO.

yeah when i saw nosen scoring against the isles i was surprised he was still playing in the nhl.

Reactions: My3Sons

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
My sports app says to expect Schmid in goal. I disagree with this. It is game one; unless Vanecek is injured, he should get the start to get him back into the playoff action. I do not feel they can win this series playing goalie Schmid only. If they should get behind I do not think that they will pull it out putting in a goalie that hasn't been playing live action on a regular basis. Look what happened to the Bruins when the coaches changed the goalie rotation and the strong goalie got injured.

There is something to be said about winning the first game so start who finished your last game in goal.

Go Devils.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Just remember:

The Devils aren't good
The Devils haven't even beaten any good teams
Wait til Thanksgiving
Wait til Christmas
The Devils will run out of gas after the all star break
The Devils can't compete with the Rangers' playoff experience

The Devils can't compete with the Hurricanes' playoff experience. Yeah, that's it.
Everyone wants to talk about experience but Carolina hasn’t made it past the second round since 18-19

It’s not like they are some perennial conference champions

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
My sports app says to expect Schmid in goal. I disagree with this. It is game one; unless Vanecek is injured, he should get the start to get him back into the playoff action. I do not feel they can win this series playing goalie Schmid only. If they should get behind I do not think that they will pull it out putting in a goalie that hasn't been playing live action on a regular basis. Look what happened to the Bruins when the coaches changed the goalie rotation and the strong goalie got injured.

There is something to be said about winning the first game so start who finished your last game in goal.

Go Devils.
You're really going to go with this take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad