New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Hype Train CONTINUES!
IMG_7432.gif

We start a fresh new series!
GET-IN-LOSER.png

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

Squirrel Squad (1).jpg

#90 Tomas Tatar - #13 Nico Hischier (C) - #63 Jesper Bratt
#56 Erik Haula - #86 Jack Hughes (A) - #18 Ondrej Palat (A)
#96 Timo Meier - #91 Dawson Mercer - #17 Yegor Sharangovich
#44 Miles Wood- #20 Michael McLeod - #14 Nathan Bastian

#71 Jonas Siegenthaler - #7 Dougie Hamilton
#33 Ryan Graves - #6 John Marino
#88 Kevin Bahl - #28 Damon Severson

#40 Akira Schmid
#41 Vitek Vanecek

A9E14104-DC9B-4554-A4A2-FE298F3513C0.jpeg

Carolina Hurricanes Projected Lineup:

#23 Stefan Noesen - #20 Sebastian Aho- #24 Seth Jarvis
#48 Jordan Martinook - #82 Jesperi Kotkaniemi - #71 Jesper Fast
#18 Jack Drury - #11 Jordan Staal - #88 Martin Necas
#26 Paul Stastny - #21 Derek Stepan- #13 Jesse Puljujarvi

#74 Jaccob Slavin - #8 Brent Burns
#76 Brady Skjei - #22 Brett Pesce
#41 Shayne Gostisbehere - #5 Jalen Chatfield

#31 Frederik Andersen

#32 Antti Raanta

Round 1 is Done!

20230501_234329.jpg

The Legend of Akira grows!!!

Screenshot_20230501_235949_Messages.jpg

Devils fans debating which Genucel product is best...

pepe-pepe-frog.gif

Are we winning tonight?

BECAUSE!!!!

D09BC982-78F2-4548-816C-B139F5688129.jpeg

So have a nice dinner!

giphy.gif

WE WILL NOT BE DENIED

img_7968-png.700680

LETS GO DEVILS!

pb8NQdv.gif

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yup, I expect Nico to draw the aho line as a rebuttal
It's tougher to match lines on the road. But tomorrow? You're certainly correct that Carolina coach Rod Brind'Amour will be getting Staal out there as much as possible against Hughes. But Brind'Amour will also do everything he can to keep Aho away from Hischier.

The problem is, the Hurricanes are too thin at center to not be stuck with bad matchups regardless of what Brind'Amour does. Let's just say Brind'Amour gets his wish -- Staal on Hughes and Aho away from Hischier. Well, that leaves an almost absurd mismatch of Kotkaniemi or Stepan against Hischier.

For those who have not watched 30+ Carolina games this year like I have, I can assure you that neither Kotkaniemi or Stepan are even a challenge for Nico Hischier. Stepan was once a very good 2C in his prime, but at this stage in his fine career he cannot even keep up with a player like Nico right now. So, I'd guess Brind'Amour will try to match Kotkaniemi against Hischier, which is also a tremendous disadvantage for the Hurricanes. Kotkaniemi is about on a level with a guy like Jesper Boqvist, which is to say he could be an effective bottom 6 C in the NHL, but he's no match for Hischier.

The key for the Devils tomorrow night will to be to explode out of the gate, fast to pucks and hard on pucks. There can be no emotional let down against Carolina, who will try to do everything in their power to slow the game down and suck the energy out of it. The Hurricanes can hope for nothing more than a Devils team suffering an emotional lull after the emotional roller coaster of a 7-game series against their fiercest rival. The Devils cannot fall into this trap.

The Devils simply must come out fast and hard, and keep it up for 60 minutes. If they achieve this, I expect them to come out of the opener with a 1-0 series advantage. If not? Well, hopefully they continue a trend of being fast learners in the post-season.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
For the rest of the playoffs I'm just going into every game with no expectations. I just hope we win. Ruff should take out Wood and put Lazar or Boqvist back in. Lazar scored a goal in his only game with like 8 minutes of icetime. Wood played like 6 minutes yesterday and wasn't noticeable. Boqvist actually finished his checks for being a lighter player. He has some skill and wheels but knows how to adapt his game when he is put in that role. I think Ruff put in Wood because he sat a few games and knew he would be juiced up to get back into the lineup. I also think it being his potential last game as a Devil if we lost and he wanted him to go out by not sitting in the press box.

Reactions: My3Sons

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Get Wood back off the ice, but keep Rango. Rango was cooking and could have had a couple points if the pucks bounced a little differently.

I'd like Lazar back in, personally, he deserves some run and he nicely quiets down the ice, which is going to be important versus the Canes, who are so puck dominant.

I expect no changes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad