Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF - GAME 6 - GOODBYE COLUMBUS - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Hmmmm.

At this very minute I'm watching the McAvoy hit.
He was not targeting Anderssons head at all.
A split second before Charlie makes contact Andersson turns his head exposing himself making it the primary contact point. When Mac started in on him all it was to be was a shoulder check and that's it. No wonder Charlie looks frustrated when he gets called as it was not his intention. Of course CBC would not view at that way at all

Nothing blatant at all.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I’ve liked Columbus since they had Nash. Hopefully they don’t end up losing all their UFA. Bob is gonna cash in somewhere, Panarin as well

Reactions: nORRis8

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Hmmmm.

At this very minute I'm watching the McAvoy hit.
He was not targeting Anderssons head at all.
A split second before Charlie makes contact Andersson turns his head exposing himself making it the primary contact point. When Mac started in on him all it was to be was a shoulder check and that's it. No wonder Charlie looks frustrated when he gets called as it was not his intention. Of course CBC would not view at that way at all

Nothing blatant at all.
Guy from work texted me a pic as "evidence" of the "headshot". McAvoy's entire body, I mean his entire upper body (including his tucked upper arm), is leaning into Anderson's entire upper body. "Principle point of contact" wasn't the head, it was the chest. Got 90% body and 10% head. Good hockey play.

Reactions: nORRis8

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Guy from work texted me a pic as "evidence" of the "headshot". McAvoy's entire body, I mean his entire upper body (including his tucked upper arm), is leaning into Anderson's entire upper body. "Principle point of contact" wasn't the head, it was the chest. Got 90% body and 10% head. Good hockey play.

When it's "targeting" (like Kukan did on Backes, no suspension, duuuuh?) then fine.
He was throwing a check without intent.
Not Charlie's fault nor am I pointing a finger at Andersson for being vulnerable.
It just happened

Reactions: BTO

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
1557246210-picsay.png

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I'll be honest here. I initially thought that Bobrovsky might end up stealing this series. Turns out Tuukka did. Add that to the fact that we were cheated on 3 different goals in this series and it really shows just how good Tuukka is playing.

Last edited:

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Craig Simpson said last night on CBC that the cannon had been silenced by the Bruins. Only 3 goals allowed by Boston in the 3 games there. That's quite the stat.

I agree that I also thought Bob would steal this series. But as it's been said, Rask was Rask. The big line showed up at the right time and they're rolling. I like the extra day off as I'm sure things will start Thursday.

Go Bruins

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
I don't live in New England, but I've always perceived Boston as being a Red Sox town more than any. The Pats' successes during the Brady/Belichick era certainly push them up the pantheon (and possibly on a plane with the Sox), but there seems to be a special passion for the Red Sox.

The true test will be after B&B retire. Sox have had a large loyal following for decades despite sucking for a lot of it. Will be interesting to see where the fans really end up when the Pats are a 5-11 team for multiple years

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'll be honest here. I initially thought that Bobrovsky might end up staling this series. Turns out Tuukka did. Add that to the fact that we were cheated on 3 different goals in this series and it really shows just how good Tuukka is playing.
Very reminiscent of the Penguins series.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
She bought tickets to a show in Boston Sunday for Mother's day. Is it really on Sunday ?
I just called you didn’t leave message - I’m guessing someone is getting that 3 PM slot on Sunday & I bet it’s us

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Don’t know much about Carolina? Anyone interested in providing a brief scouting report? :)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just called you didn’t leave message - I’m guessing someone is getting that 3 PM slot on Sunday & I bet it’s us
that would be the worst. Amanda got a matinee show in Boston to "Kinky boots" because she figured if there was a B's game it would be at night.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'll be honest here. I initially thought that Bobrovsky might end up staling this series. Turns out Tuukka did. Add that to the fact that we were cheated on 3 different goals in this series and it really shows just how good Tuukka is playing.
Everybody loves Tuukka.
Are you still doing the "TUUUKKK" call?
Gets me every time, it did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad