Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF - GAME 6 - GOODBYE COLUMBUS - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Don’t know much about Carolina? Anyone interested in providing a brief scouting report? :)
Okay, being nice now, a quickie. Aho carried the team to the playoffs, and he scores when he gets behind your net no matter who is there in his office. Svechnikov is a hard slapper and learning. Williams is clutch invented. Turbo is killer wrister on his own and now he's comfy with it. Ferland and Foegele will remain surprises. Hope this helped.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I just called you didn’t leave message - I’m guessing someone is getting that 3 PM slot on Sunday & I bet it’s us

that would be the worst. Amanda got a matinee show in Boston to "Kinky boots" because she figured if there was a B's game it would be at night.

One thing that I have learned going through many playoff seasons as a Bruins and Red Sox season ticket holder is to not make advance plans or purchase tickets to an event until game dates are officially announced.

At least the NHL times are announced a little bit in advance of the games. It's worse for the MLB playoffs as they sometimes don't announce a game time until the night before after they know the results of other games played so that they can adjust TV schedules accordingly.

By the way I saw Kinky Boots with the original Broadway cast in NYC. Great show you will love it if you do go.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska

On top of that Tavares goal came into an empty net.

Those seven players are among the best offensive threats in the NHL, and as a group they combined for 226 goals in the regular season.
Tavares scored twice against the B's, his 2nd one coming in game 7, no idea who was on the ice for the B's though. .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One thing that I have learned going through many playoff seasons as a Bruins and Red Sox season ticket holder is to not make advance plans or purchase tickets to an event until game dates are officially announced.

At least the NHL times are announced a little bit in advance of the games. It's worse for the MLB playoffs as they sometimes don't announce a game time until the night before after they know the results of other games played so that they can adjust TV schedules accordingly.

By the way I saw Kinky Boots with the original Broadway cast in NYC. Great show you will love it if you do go.
Well if it is between B's playoffs or Kinky Boots I am going to the B's

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The Mac hit replay from the camera that was in the stands shows shoulder to chest followed through the head at the end only. The angle review from ice level makes it look worse than it was.

Leafs Lunch went all over the Marchand interview and Dreger was a goof again. The Canadian media is after him like a fly on shiite for years. The Sportsnet panel was a frothing brotherhood of whiny babies calling for a suspension and fine.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Okay, being nice now, a quickie. Aho carried the team to the playoffs, and he scores when he gets behind your net no matter who is there in his office. Svechnikov is a hard slapper and learning. Williams is clutch invented. Turbo is killer wrister on his own and now he's comfy with it. Ferland and Foegele will remain surprises. Hope this helped.

Thanks, it certainly helped!

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

Marchand’s first response was very thoughtful. Then Kyle B thought it was a good idea to ask Marchand a smartass question to get some laughs.

That’s his prerogative, but be prepared for the consequences the next time you want to interview the guy. The idea that Marchand should be disciplined in some way for giving curt answers is ridiculous. Does the NHL fine Torts for all his civil responses to the media?

I don't see the question asked by Kyle bukauskas a big deal. Marchand himself joked about Atkinson trying to dull his blade by putting his stick under his skate when he was in the postgame interview after game 1. So it's okay for him to make jokes about it but not the CBC interviewer? I don't get it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Marchand’s first response was very thoughtful. Then Kyle B thought it was a good idea to ask Marchand a smartass question to get some laughs.

That’s his prerogative, but be prepared for the consequences the next time you want to interview the guy. The idea that Marchand should be disciplined in some way for giving curt answers is ridiculous. Does the NHL fine Torts for all his civil responses to the media?

If anything that media member should be disciplined for making a mockery of the process. Fans don't pay to see the media in the spotlight.

Marchand should not have given him the time of day in the post game. The news outlet's loss, not Marchand's.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-1.jpg

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't see the question asked by Kyle bukauskas a big deal. Marchand himself joked about Atkinson trying to dull his blade by putting his stick under his skate when he was in the postgame interview after game 1. So it's okay for him to make jokes about it but not the CBC interviewer? I don't get it.
Let me simplify it for you.

Locker room after game. Ok
Pregame making fun of player. Not ok.

Ok?

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Well if it is between B's playoffs or Kinky Boots I am going to the B's

LOL I'm not surprised. Let's hope that you don't have the conflict. Let's blame Fenway he posted that he was told games would be Thursday and Saturday.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
No more thursday nite games.
The one nite i play hockey. Ive missed like the last 2 thursday games. both wins though.
and why mothers day??? come on. If its mother day it better be at nite.

This should be a sat and mon start time

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Wonder if Marchand’s extended antics were to take the heat off of Charlie? Hockey talk today is 85% Marchy/15% Charlie.

Aside from winning in 6, the thing I’m happiest about is that we didn’t have to play against Quaider.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I think the point is that question was asked during warm-ups in a crucial Game 6, and it happened two games ago - how professional is it for him to ask that question? Comes down to him being an idiot and Marchand showing him up for it. Good job Marchy!

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
The Mac hit replay from the camera that was in the stands shows shoulder to chest followed through the head at the end only. The angle review from ice level makes it look worse than it was.

Leafs Lunch went all over the Marchand interview and Dreger was a goof again. The Canadian media is after him like a fly on shiite for years. The Sportsnet panel was a frothing brotherhood of whiny babies calling for a suspension and fine.
Yep, go to the :59 mark in the video and it clearly shows the hit. After watching it several times I'm beginning to think that he might not get a suspension plus Chara's stick/hand hit him in the head as well.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
No more thursday nite games.
The one nite i play hockey. Ive missed like the last 2 thursday games. both wins though.
and why mothers day??? come on. If its mother day it better be at nite.

This should be a sat and mon start time

I play Friday mornings at 6am, so the Thursday games are killer for me too..And 3pm on Mother’s Day?!?! It’s like NBC is out to get me. I already had to cash in all my chips last night to get her to take the boys to power skating. Asking for a free pass on Mother’s Day is NOT happening....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln