Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF - GAME 6 - GOODBYE COLUMBUS - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I think they probably would have started friday, but with the Celtics playing, they went the day before. I saw something that said Game 2 is Sunday at 3pm?

Carolina Hurricanes to face Boston Bruins in Eastern Conference Final

It does say this isn't confirmed.

Sunday afternoon game would make zero sense IMO.

Thursday and Saturday for games one and two of the ECF. Garden is available, unless they have something going on that isn't on the official calendar.

Friday and Sunday for the WCF.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Sunday afternoon game would make zero sense IMO.

Thursday and Saturday for games one and two of the ECF. Garden is available, unless they have something going on that isn't on the official calendar.

Friday and Sunday for the WCF.

NBC loves them some afternoon hockey. I think they're dictating the afternoon game. Fenway might have a better explanation.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I think the parade for the 2004 Sox was the largest by a wide margin (86 years will do that to you). I never know how much stock to put into crowd estimates, but i've heard the Bruins parade in 2011 was over a million people.

I heard that as well. As fella mentioned earlier, weather is a factor

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Uh, I wouldn't go that far. There is nothing more fun that eliminating Montreal
Yeah. Exactly.

The Toronto/Canadian national media whine more, I think, but NOBODY has caused the Bruins more heartache than Montreal. Although THAT bill will never be paid off, but it’s VERY satisfying whenever the Bruins take a nice little bite out of the Habs.

Anyone who thinks that eliminating Toronto is a bigger deal than eliminating Montreal either hasn’t been a fan very long or doesn’t know their history. It’s like comparing WWII to the invasion of Grenada.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Pet peeve coming!

It's "Garden", not Gardens. The Gardens in Boston are where the duck statues reside. The "Gardens" in hockey is where the Leafs used to suck, before they continued to suck in their new place.

;)

No worries, I got a guy here all mad at me because I put a video of Kyperos getting KO'd.

Oh BTW, the Leafs still suck. Im a Canadian but I hate the Leafs and the Habs

Im gonna get removed from here because fella is all mad. Rustybruins72 all worked up. Oh well

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I worry about the NBCSN app reading my location and not allowing me to view it for being out of country.

If I can’t turn off the location on wifi I’ll have to try a VPN.

WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Or you can (whisper whisper....) off the internet. There are quite a few (whisper whisper whisper....) who carry the games. ;)

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah. Exactly.

The the Toronto/Canadian national media whine more, I think, but NOBODY has caused the Bruins more heartache than Montreal. Although THAT bill will never be paid off, but it’s VERY satisfying whenever the Bruins take a nice little bite out of the Habs.

Anyone who thinks that eliminating Toronto is a bigger deal than eliminating Montreal either hasn’t been a fan very long or doesn’t know their history. It’s like comparing WWII to the invasion of Grenada.
Try living in Leafs country,been a Bruins fan for 50 yrs ,eliminating the Leafs is a bigger deal than Montreal now for me.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The Bruins have out rated the Celtics and have been voted ahead of them in the Boston survey I think in 9 of the last 10 years

2018 the Celtics passed them but this year Bruins over took them for 3rd in the city again

Game 7 Bruins finals 2011 did a 43.4
Game 7 Celtics Finals 2010 did a 33.3

The Bruins have always been the 3rd team in town and it’s not even close really

So am I safe to say:

1-Pats
2- Red Sox
3- Bruins
4 - Celtics

Reactions: 13Hockey

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Why the **** are they rushing Game 1 on Thursday instead of Saturday?
I was wondering the same thing. I told my daughter (who is flying home from Calif for Mother's day) that I thought game 1 would be Sat so she purchased a very expensive ticket for game 1...Now she won't be home until Sat and has to try and sell that ticket and purchase one for game 2....

Reactions: Lady Rhian

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
There's so much inaccuracies on this post... it not even funny.
Good God.
?? What? Why? It's literally true, that's exactly what happened. Whether he was pi**ed-off enough to not want to talk to KB after the game last night is another matter. But KB did ask him and he did snarkily skate away. Not inaccurate at all.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
NBC loves them some afternoon hockey. I think they're dictating the afternoon game. Fenway might have a better explanation.

I believe NBC has two broadcast windows for the NHL this weekend - 8 p.m. Saturday (after the IndyCar Grand Prix from Indianapolis that will air Saturday afternoon) and the Sunday matinee.

The big issue is the WCF. If it's St. Louis, the Blues' building is booked Friday, so it would want to get Game 1 in before the ECF Game 2, thus a Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday setup for the ECF and a Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the WCF. I believe it also allows things to be finished in time where the Stanley Cup Final could begin the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, giving NBC two prime-time windows for Games 1 & 2.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
?? What? Why? It's literally true, that's exactly what happened. Whether he was pi**ed-off enough to not want to talk to KB after the game last night is another matter. But KB did ask him and he did snarkily skate away. Not inaccurate at all.
It needs context. It misses the reason why Marchand acted that way. Kyle B trying to be a smart ass and rest of panel
Making fun of it.

That's the reason why Marchand schooled him.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BTO

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
So am I safe to say:

1-Pats
2- Red Sox
3- Bruins
4 - Celtics

I don't live in New England, but I've always perceived Boston as being a Red Sox town more than any. The Pats' successes during the Brady/Belichick era certainly push them up the pantheon (and possibly on a plane with the Sox), but there seems to be a special passion for the Red Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad