Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Keep those 9-1-1 operators busy!

But seriously, don't you guys LOVE how mad the Toronto media and fans are? This is like Xmas. What more can you ask for? We eliminated those losers weeks ago and we still get to enjoy it now. Honestly there's nothing better.

Even eliminating Montreal is never THIS fun.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far. There is nothing more fun that eliminating Montreal

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
you guys are nuts if you dont think hes getting a game.
same as the thornton suspension.
I think he gets a game, but Thornton's hit was a premeditated patented Jumbo Joe's brain fart. I disliked him in Boston and I stand by my opinion, that Thornton is dumb and is dumb at the most inopportune times.

Reactions: nORRis8

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Andersson and in particular Dubois were perhaps not running around throwing high late hits and running Tuukka then perhaps they could have spent a bit more time thinking about scoring it may have worked out better for them.

Maybe, but the fact that they shutdown a 40 goal scorer in Atkinson is impressive.

Reactions: BMC and nORRis8

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The league was a better outfit when the Toronto Maple Leafs were totally dead in the water. Nowadays, it seems like the Leafs-loving media want to try everyone that dashes their cup chances.

3 mil capspace, disgruntled coach, they have to figure how to give Marner 18 million next year, will have zero funds to fix a porous defence and no real strong backup goalie candidate.

Those days of ineptness will soon be returning in Toronto. ;)

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Maybe, but the fact that they shutdown a 40 goal scorer in Atkinson is impressive.

Bruins taking care of business in front of the net physically plus rebounds since game 4 was incredible. No second chances.
Carlo displayed a mean streak a few times last night

Reactions: BTO

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Looking at the highlights, Carlo showed up quite a bit and not in a good way. He's been great in these playoffs, so hopefully it was just a one-off.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
LMAO at both interviews from Marshawn Marchand

I love how in some of them he looks down and thinks deeply about the question but he knows damn well he’s just gonna give them one word.
Golden opportunity - missed, I think -- for a reporter to play along & ask a series of what would usually be asinine questions like:

"If you had to describe Tuukka's performance with one word ..."

Reactions: bruinshoper and BTO

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If the worst thing Marchand’s done in the playoffs has been to hurt some dbag reporter’s feelings then I’m thrilled.

To expect a player to have more professionalism than those paid to report is absurd. Media can’t have it both ways. “Neutral reporter” Kyle B took a shot at Marchand and they all laughed and joked he wasn’t ready for it. But now that Marchand’s icing them out in response these interviews are serious business and how dare he. Give me a break, get over it.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It has to be great living in the city of Boston and being a sports fan since early 2000. You guys win everything. Congrats, its a great city. I drive down to Boston from Nova Scotia (11-12 hr drive) to attend various sporting events. We usually go down in November. 4 of us go (2 Oiler fans, 2 Bruin fans). I had a good chat with some local sports fans there at a bar. They went to all the parades and they said the Bruins one was probably one of the biggest. I figured the Red Sox. Im just curious, what is the pecking order of the teams? I understand it depends upon who is winning but as I said, you guys win everything. Am I wrong to say the following:

1 - Boston Red Sox
2 - Pats
3,4 - Bruins, Celtics (depends who is winning?)

Around my area, there is a very heavy influence of Boston teams for the favorites. We also have too many Leafs and Habs fans. They drive ya nuts. I'm an Oiler, Green Bay Packer, and Montreal Expos fan. As you can see, I have been losing. Now I have to join a new ball team. Hello Red Sox!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If the worst thing Marchand’s done in the playoffs has been to hurt some dbag reporter’s feelings then I’m thrilled.

To expect a player to have more professionalism than those paid to report is absurd. Media can’t have it both ways. “Neutral reporter” Kyle B took a shot at Marchand and they all laughed and joked he wasn’t ready for it. But now that Marchand’s icing them out in response these interviews are serious business and how dare he. Give me a break, get over it.

the kid got what he deserved which was next to nothing from Marchy as you stated

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It has to be great living in the city of Boston and being a sports fan since early 2000. You guys win everything. Congrats, its a great city. I drive down to Boston from Nova Scotia (11-12 hr drive) to attend various sporting events. We usually go down in November. 4 of us go (2 Oiler fans, 2 Bruin fans). I had a good chat with some local sports fans there at a bar. They went to all the parades and they said the Bruins one was probably one of the biggest. I figured the Red Sox. Im just curious, what is the pecking order of the teams? I understand it depends upon who is winning but as I said, you guys win everything. Am I wrong to say the following:

1 - Boston Red Sox
2 - Pats
3,4 - Bruins, Celtics (depends who is winning?)

Around my area, there is a very heavy influence of Boston teams for the favorites. We also have too many Leafs and Habs fans. They drive ya nuts. I'm an Oiler, Green Bay Packer, and Montreal Expos fan. As you can see, I have been losing. Now I have to join a new ball team. Hello Red Sox!

Pecking order seems to be Pats, Sox, Celts, Bruins. IMO.

Pats definitely #1 though.

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
All the "fake sporting news" outlets are all questioning the (just) 2 minute minor penalty and are assuring the public there will be a suspension.

If he doesn't get anything it would not surprise me nor would it if he got a game.

Charlie has been getting more ice time then any other Bruin. Maybe he needs a day off. ;)

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad