Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 3 - Frustrating - CBJ 2 BRUINS 1 F - CBJ leads series 2-1

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Oh, boy. If we can't get through Columbus to face Carolina for a chance to play for the Cup... in other words, if we can't get through the #7 seed to play the #8 for a Cup berth...
Oh, and that’s an eighth seed currently playing their second string goaltender, missing Ferland, and icing a potentially far-sub-100% Svechnikov.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Oh, boy. If we can't get through Columbus to face Carolina for a chance to play for the Cup... in other words, if we can't get through the #7 seed to play the #8 for a Cup berth...

Even if they did win this in 6, it looks like the Bruins would be facing yet another team coming off a sweep and full week off while they play 6-7 game series' over and over.

Killer instinct lacking right now.

Even this up Bruins and come home tied!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Game 4 down 2-1 in Toronto was much harder to win than this game coming up. They got this.
I don’t know about that . When the chips were down in the Leafs series the Bruins were able to impose their will on the Leafs and Anderson. I am not getting that feeling in this series . It’s going to be very close and one bad play could be the difference between winning and losing .

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
The Bruins need to brush up on a football play that bill uses quite a bit called a blitz. It's where the players give no time and space to breathe against the other team. Bruins need to do this at the drop at 7.30 pm tomorrow for 60 min.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don’t know about that . When the chips were down in the Leafs series the Bruins were able to impose their will on the Leafs and Anderson. I am not getting that feeling in this series . It’s going to be very close and one bad play could be the difference between winning and losing .
Have to agree,better goalie and better defence.Bruins can do it but yeah it going to be a battle especially with Bruins big guns missing in action,I think were kidding ourselves if we think Pasta and Bergeron are suddenly going to get there games back,it’s pretty obvious they both got some major issues going on.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
seriously can we just end this idiotic bickering - Id like to see some game 4 talk not two guys arguing about nothing

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
seriously can we just end this idiotic bickering - Id like to see some game 4 talk not two guys arguing about nothing
Ok . I’ll give it a try. It’s great news that Brad Marchand is not suspended. Ok. Here we go . I was against Backes in there. But I am thinking like most of us , his size, going into corners, screening Bob, who knows maybe a fight. Ok. I would try an adjustment on the power play, I don’t like Krug on the side wall. Want him at the point . I don’t want MoJo setting screens in front. I would prefer Coyle doing that. Just keep Pasta on the first line and tell him he’s not being moved off it. I don’t like the idea of Chara on PP. He plays a lot of ice time plus he struggles with getting his shot on net. Take the body on Columbus but don’t make it obvious. Don’t go out there and be wild out of control. If it’s there. DRILL THEM! If Bob has the puck covered give him a couple of pokes . That’s all I feel that is left of my game 4 pep talk.

On four , break . GO BRUINS!!!!

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Ok . I’ll give it a try. It’s great news that Brad Marchand is not suspended. Ok. Here we go . I was against Backes in there. But I am thinking like most of us , his size, going into corners, screening Bob, who knows maybe a fight. Ok. I would try an adjustment on the power play, I don’t like Krug on the side wall. Want him at the point . I don’t want MoJo setting screens in front. I would prefer Coyle doing that. Just keep Pasta on the first line and tell him he’s not being moved off it. I don’t like the idea of Chara on PP. He plays a lot of ice time plus he struggles with getting his shot on net. Take the body on Columbus but don’t make it obvious. Don’t go out there and be wild out of control. If it’s there. DRILL THEM! If Bob has the puck covered give him a couple of pokes . That’s all I feel that is left of my game 4 pep talk.

On four , break . GO BRUINS!!!!
nailed it

I want to see Chara blast one top cheese 108 MPH and put a hole in net Fulton Reed style

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
There will never be a path like this in 50 yrs. This is like Pluto mars Jupiter earth and the black hole became one planet with the perfect amount of oxygen and enough water to sustain 300 billion humans.

Lol.
You know... (obviously you don't) in your scenario the black hole would take the planets and the dwarf planet (Pluto)
Swallow them all and then the black hole would just look a little bit bigger.
No oxygen, no water, no light. Just a bigger black hole.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I wish people would look at the total picture - Columbus dominated Tampa Bay and swept them - CBJ has NOT dominated the Bruins but has frustrated them.
Exactly right, the Bruins aren't out of this by any stretch.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Maybe Marchand should go over and give him a hand if he’s getting punched by two guys at once, no? Not pop a guy in the back of the head while he’s not even involved in the scrum and scurry away.
I agree.

But we all know Marchand will be Marchand. There is no stoppping that.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
nailed it

I want to see Chara blast one top cheese 108 MPH and put a hole in net Fulton Reed style
I would love that, the issue is it takes him so long to get a shot off. Its a longer version of Michael Ryder trying to uncork a wrist shot.

That said, good things happen when Chara hammers that puck on net. He needs to make it a priority to get some steam on his shot, that’s for sure.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Bruins need to brush up on a football play that bill uses quite a bit called a blitz. It's where the players give no time and space to breathe against the other team. Bruins need to do this at the drop at 7.30 pm tomorrow for 60 min.

If the bruins wait until 7:30 to start blitzing, the first period will be well underway. :laugh:

Game starts at 7:00 (so puck drop a little after).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Even if they did win this in 6, it looks like the Bruins would be facing yet another team coming off a sweep and full week off while they play 6-7 game series' over and over.

Killer instinct lacking right now.

Even this up Bruins and come home tied!

Not sure it has anything to do with killer instinct? It’s matchups and how teams are playing at the time.

Boston could win tonight and then sweep the Canes...or be swept. You never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad