Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Toronto ADIEU - Bring on Columbus - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-3

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The play of Coyle has surprised me. He was good along the boards but I didn’t think like this. If he could do what he’s doing and score here and there we will be in good shape with the third line.

The three stars for the series against leafs.
Rask
Carlo
Coyle

It’s not based on goals scored or ice time , things that I expected but really went above and beyond. IMO
All those guys played well no doubt but looking at the 7 game series in totality I think Krejci was the Bruins best two way forward. He was a beast defensively getting the Bruins out of trouble again and again .

Reactions: bruinshoper

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
For what it's worth:

1. I saw Tuukka late last night, said "nice win" and he politely said "thank you".

2. Yesterday in Waltham, I saw a red pickup truck with Mass. commercial plate BRUINS. I had actually seen it a few months ago and thought it was some sort of souvenir plate, but it's the real thing.
haha that reminds me of the time I was in Tallahassee, FL & saw a pickup truck with real plates that read 'JESUS'

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Man, the Bruins made Babcock look so dumb in this game 7. They continually were trying the stretch pass and our guys were picking them off OFTEN and they still refused to change their game plan. Definitely starting to see how people can call him overrated....

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins stars for the series
3. Krejci - He wasn't the B's best forward every game but was excellent both ways for all seven games.
2. Carlo - The guy was a horse, without him the B's aren't moving forward.
1. Rask - Simply phenomenal, he came up huge every time his team needed him to.
Can't disagree with this list, but I'm torn between Krejci and Coyle for that number 3 spot. Coyle just wears down his opponents with how strong he is on the puck, it's tiring for other guys to continually try to push him off. Carlo had a slow start to the series but he was absolutely a difference maker once he got going. And Rask...not much more to add on to your comment, he bailed our Bruins a lot during this series. Good on him for answering all those people who doubt his skill and determination.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Man, the Bruins made Babcock look so dumb in this game 7. They continually were trying the stretch pass and our guys were picking them off OFTEN and they still refused to change their game plan. Definitely starting to see how people can call him overrated....

That was a huge difference vs. earlier in the series.

Last night, anytime that stretch pass went off, the passer had a forechecker bearing down, it had to beat the third high forward, and our dmen were reading the play very well.

I saw a lot of passes barely make it to the stretched forward, and if they did, they were wearing our Dmen on their back.

Almost got caught a few times, but clearly overall the strategy was a good call.

Reactions: NDiesel

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i feel for toronto fans. but at least they arent vegas fans this morning.
man did vegas get screwed last nite. a 5 min major for that??lol. that ferlatt shouldnt be reffing playoffs. hes the one that single handedly won ottawa the series 2 years ago against us.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins stars for the series
3. Krejci - He wasn't the B's best forward every game but was excellent both ways for all seven games.
2. Carlo - The guy was a horse, without him the B's aren't moving forward.
1. Rask - Simply phenomenal, he came up huge every time his team needed him to.

3 playoff series vs Toronto and Krejci has owned them 3 times. They didnt even hit Krejci the whole series it seems

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
To be fair, Columbus is a pretty heavy team. I don't think this is a series we win with physicality.
they have a few guys who play heavy but I was surprised when I said the same thing to a buddy of mine last night and he sent me this link. Not that the B`s were way ahead of the Jackets in the hits department but....this kind of surprised me

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-stats?season=2018&category=MISCELLANEOUS&group=1&time=0

I also understand that the hit stat is questionable often

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Admittedly, Bergy's last goal was beyond worthless, and I think it was really more of a reflex than anything, but this is still pretty good for these guys.

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i feel for toronto fans. but at least they arent vegas fans this morning.
man did vegas get screwed last nite. a 5 min major for that??lol. that ferlatt shouldnt be reffing playoffs. hes the one that single handedly won ottawa the series 2 years ago against us.

I flipped the game off just prior to the penalty as the Knights were in complete control. Flipped it back over to begin watching the celebration for the Knights as they were moving along and boom, up only 1 goal and the announcers were talking about but hadn`t showed the play that led to the 5 minute major.

What an absolute botch job, in this day and age, 2 refs, 2 linesmen on the ice and camera`s everywhere, you mean to tell me nobody could see the play that led to Pavelski getting knocked out was a nothing play? Crazy

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I know, and it's their strength (pun intended) but I don't want to model my team after a franchise who finally won a round after two decades or whatever it was.

Same.

I mean the "Big Bad Bruins" model we tried to attain forever resulted in 1 cup in almost 40 years. More than ok with moving away from that.

Admittedly, Bergy's last goal was beyond worthless, and I think it was really more of a reflex than anything, but this is still pretty good for these guys.

Justin Williams man, what a player.

If I was a contender over the last few years, I'd be trying to pay any price to get him on my team for the PO's. He just delivers.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Can't disagree with this list, but I'm torn between Krejci and Coyle for that number 3 spot. Coyle just wears down his opponents with how strong he is on the puck, it's tiring for other guys to continually try to push him off. Carlo had a slow start to the series but he was absolutely a difference maker once he got going. And Rask...not much more to add on to your comment, he bailed our Bruins a lot during this series. Good on him for answering all those people who doubt his skill and determination.

No doubt, Coyle was a going concern for the Leafs all series. Easily his team's best forechecker and drove the cycle much of his time on the ice. Coyle's 10-15 second stroll through the Leafs zone last night punctuated the team's 3rd period domination. Definitely deserving of an honorable mention.

Reactions: lopey and Trizz617

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Babcock didn`t need the B`s to help make him look bad, did that all himself.

There`s a tweet from Mike Commodore online somewhere I read last night, it was vicious and hilarious, sorry, don`t have it now to post and likely wouldn`t as it`s packed with the bad words:)

Babcock such an egomaniac, some reporter asked why Marleau was out there with the game somewhat still in reach and he responded, paraphrasing here, "we thought he could help us", unreal, Marleau invisible in the series and he thinks he could help him at that time and Matthews on the bench?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Babcock didn`t need the B`s to help make him look bad, did that all himself.

There`s a tweet from Mike Commodore online somewhere I read last night, it was vicious and hilarious, sorry, don`t have it now to post and likely wouldn`t as it`s packed with the bad words:)

Babcock such an egomaniac, some reporter asked why Marleau was out there with the game somewhat still in reach and he responded, paraphrasing here, "we thought he could help us", unreal, Marleau invisible in the series and he thinks he could help him at that time and Matthews on the bench?

The Toronto no show in game 6 was his worst game this series. With their history of game 7s in the road in Boston and your hopes resting on Jake Gardiner to not make a terrible play to not show up in game 6 looks bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad