Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Toronto ADIEU - Bring on Columbus - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-3

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Coyle is easily one o the 3 stars of the series IMO. I think Krug deserves a ton of credit as well, that pairing was our only trustworthy one for the majority of the series. Obviously Carlo is huge on that pairing, but Krug held his own defensively and had some big moments in the series.
Krug has a great series

He’s made for Toronto- both against and I bet for

He’s a UFA and I’m running the Leafs I’m all over him

Reilly and Krug on 2 different pairings would be something

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Who will we hate on CBus after the first game?

Josh Anderson, Boone Jenner, Bjorkstrom. I love all three of those players but Anderson will be hitting everything that moves. Jenner will be jamming his shoulders into everyone's faces (not dirty but aggressive) and Bjorkstrom is so goddamn slippery. He doesn't look like hes that good and then he's ripping one from the slot and you're like "how the hell did he get there?"

Reactions: Grimey

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Bruins capped off a life changing day for me in the best way possible.

After 22 years in the trades and 12 years self employed I received a lead that there was a job opening right up my alley of expertise that would change my quality of life exponentially..... so after a few restless nights I made the decision to move on from self employment if offered the position given its perks.

I was offered the position the day of game 1 of the series and asked to come in to sign the employment contract yesterday prior to game 7.

What a way to end the night.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Screenshot_20190424-113119_Instagram-720x1480.jpg

Note Marchand's comment.

This team truly does seem to play for each other. On the surface there does not appear to be any major egos. This is what makes me love a team.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Krug has a great series

He’s made for Toronto- both against and I bet for

He’s a UFA and I’m running the Leafs I’m all over him

Reilly and Krug on 2 different pairings would be something

When He's a UFA and I’m running the Leafs I’m all over him.

Fixed it for ya;)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Josh Anderson, Boone Jenner, Bjorkstrom. I love all three of those players but Anderson will be hitting everything that moves. Jenner will be jamming his shoulders into everyone's faces (not dirty but aggressive) and Bjorkstrom is so goddamn slippery. He doesn't look like hes that good and then he's ripping one from the slot and you're like "how the hell did he get there?"

The one element that Anderson has beside being a beast physically is that he has tremendous speed and he will be a big-time challenge for the Bruins defense to contain. He may be the best all around power forward in the game today with the speed and power he brings along with being able to put the puck in the back of the net.

He is also a top-notch Penalty Killer.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When He's a UFA and I’m running the Leafs I’m all over him.

Fixed it for ya;)
I’d love to run the Leafs

More balance - I do think Toronto has drafted very well last 2 years

Krug would be a killer on that second pairing with a solid veteran partner

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’d love to run the Leafs

More balance - I do think Toronto has drafted very well last 2 years

Krug would be a killer on that second pairing with a solid veteran partner

I think you'll see them bring in a top 4 defenseman this off-season.

Kadri more than likely will be gone in the deal, but to get a true top 4 it wouldn't surprise me if they peddle Nylander.

Reactions: Leafsforever89

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So there are a couple of articles about a cheap shot from Chara to Tavares on a scrum late in the second.

Bruins' Zdeno Chara lands cheap shot on unsuspecting John Tavares

Does anyone know if these are articles written by biased fans or if this is widely seen as a dirty play or unfairly impacting the outcome of game 7. Seems like just an excuse to me, but not sure if I am alone with diehard B's fans in this belief.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
So there are a couple of articles about a cheap shot from Chara to Tavares on a scrum late in the second.

Does anyone know if these are articles written by biased fans or if this is widely seen as a dirty play or unfairly impacting the outcome of game 7. Seems like just an excuse to me, but not sure if I am alone with diehard B's fans in this belief.
Even Tavares said it was a punch to the face and he didn't see who threw it. Heat of the moment play, they were all scrumming about there. I did notice Bergy trying to help Tavares up- class act right there.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Bruins capped off a life changing day for me in the best way possible.

After 22 years in the trades and 12 years self employed I received a lead that there was a job opening right up my alley of expertise that would change my quality of life exponentially..... so after a few restless nights I made the decision to move on from self employment if offered the position given its perks.

I was offered the position the day of game 1 of the series and asked to come in to sign the employment contract yesterday prior to game 7.

What a way to end the night.

Congrats!

Self-employment can be great, but there's something to be said for a steady, regular paycheque, benefits, etc.

Reactions: BaBaBruins

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Tavares was really pulling a sell job on that one. I've seen videos of 80 lb girls getting punched square in the face with 10x the force of that punch and not go down.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Didn’t read the article- cause who cares?
Yeah at the end of the 2nd Chara sucker punched him and Bergy helped him up. Don’t know that it had any effect on the game.

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think you'll see them bring in a top 4 defenseman this off-season.

Kadri more than likely will be gone in the deal, but to get a true top 4 it wouldn't surprise me if they peddle Nylander.
I think quite a few teams would want Kadri even though he is a psychopath but would there be that many takers for creampuff Nylander and that contract ?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Does anyone else get a ton of joy from watching Kuraly’s goal? I watched the game in a Saskatchewan bar full of leaf fans and when he scored I was like “where the hell is the leap?” then he did it and all was well.

They had the game on at the elevator

I got a room full of boos saying I was cheering for the Bruins, then they told me my dockage just went up :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->