Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - It's OVAH - Ottawa wins 3-2 in OT and wins series 4-2

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
He nearly killed himself on that holding embellishment. He should have been called for that along with Pasta's interference

But what do I know.

Hahah I said the same thing when it happened....he grabbed his head so violently trying to embellish that call. Literally zero contact to his head...oh well...I thought he was kinda slimy all series considering how the media was heaping so much praise on him

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree. This league takes no accountability when it comes to their officiating errors unlike say the NFL. Really makes you wonder if they give a crap. If I was a Bruins season ticket holder I would be seriously bailing out next year, I'm going to be hard pressed to even watch them on TV. My trust in the credibility of the league is all but shot.

Yup that's where I am. I want to hear that the league apologizes for the missed call, or at least fines the officials. It doesn't help, but at least then you'd feel like someone cared

Either make the officials available for the Press after the game, or game the director of officials available in Toronto for an hour or more a day to answer these questions. Maybe in some cases they defend the call and explain why our interpretation is wrong, in other cases they can discuss the missed call, and fines etc that are made as a result, and there should and must be fines for officials who decide games with their incompetence.

Give us some reason to believe that they actually care about getting the calls right, and that they are willing to admit mistakes, and how they can stop them from happening over and over again

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So maybe there is a side of me that is a little pissed but one thing is for sure. My anger is not directed at the Bruins, the management, the coaching stafff, it's direceted at the NHL, the officals and most of all Bettman and all his puppets. Please Gary go away and most of all go **** yourself the same way you ****ed up two professional sports leagues.

Yeah, I hear you.

I certainly am not mad at the Bruins in any way. I really didn't expect them to make alot of noise in the playoffs, but am pleasantly surprised by the effort most guys gave.

As a long time Bruins fan I've witnessed my fair share of poor officiating over the years, from the Bobby Orr days up to now, and to be honest, I can't remember much crappier, one-sided officiating (maybe some games from the '70's against the habs) against the Bruins as this series was.

It was bad enough that the B"s lost so many good players to injuries at the worst of times, but to get this terrible reffing on top of all the injuries is very maddening.

It wasn't just the horrible one-sided calls against the B"s that were frustrating and helped cost them the series, but there were many non-calls that were equally frustrating.

As for the NHL Commissioner, I never liked Bettman either, but unfortunately we'll have to put with the little **** until at least 2022 when his latest contract expires.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Either make the officials available for the Press after the game, or game the director of officials available in Toronto for an hour or more a day to answer these questions. Maybe in some cases they defend the call and explain why our interpretation is wrong, in other cases they can discuss the missed call, and fines etc that are made as a result, and there should and must be fines for officials who decide games with their incompetence.

In my experience, the refs always defend their calls after the game.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They killed three of them in the first period,Sens really couldn't do anything.

maybe our pk guys were tired?? in ot.
they were being way overused.

it wasnt really a great chance either. got a lucky rebound. and rask was way out of the net.
nothing you could do. lucky break

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Great series you guys. What your team did with all the injuries was amazing. Every game decided by one goal, 4 of them going to OT. These games could have gone either way. It was exciting, but not so great for my heart!

I also want to thank you guys for being just an absolute pleasure to deal with on your board, the main board and our board. Congrats on a fine season and best of luck to you guys next year.

:handclap:

Thanks Dave and good luck in the second round!

I will say this about the Sens; they are going to take the next step after this playoff year and add 1-2 more pieces and transition from the 1-3-1 to the dominant attack. They have the main pieces there and just like the 2011 Bruins, when the time comes to transition their game from trap to complete team offensive attack, Karlsson and company will be ready.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Yeah, I hear you.

I certainly am not mad at the Bruins in any way. I really didn't expect them to make alot of noise in the playoffs, but am pleasantly surprised by the effort most guys gave.

As a long time Bruins fan I've witnessed my fair share of poor officiating over the years, from the Bobby Orr days up to now, and to be honest, I can't remember much crappier, one-sided officiating (maybe some games from the '70's against the habs) against the Bruins as this series was.

It was bad enough that the B"s lost so many good players to injuries at the worst of times, but to get this terrible reffing on top of all the injuries is very maddening.

It wasn't just the horrible one-sided calls against the B"s that were frustrating and helped cost them the series, but there were many non-calls that were equally frustrating.

As for the NHL Commissioner, I never liked Bettman either, but unfortunately we'll have to put with the little **** until at least 2022 when his latest contract expires.

Same for me..have witnessed tons of series and there usually some weird calls, but this series was the worst for me...up to this time was the 2014 debacle against Habs...this one was just bad from the get go...completely one sided

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
After each time the Bruins lose a playoff series I am angry, then the reality sets in from my deal with the hockey Gods:

When the Bruins took the ice in Game 7 here in Vancouver I asked for them to win that night and if they did I would die a happy Bruins fan. The events that unfolded will be with me for the rest of my life.

Fast forward to today and although I am MOST upset about 0-3 at home and 0-5 the last five home games, I can easily recall the magic and moments from 2011 that this team provided.

Ottawa fans (classy and likeable) have NEVER seen their team win a Cup. Leafs fans have gone 50 years and counting. Montreal fans have now waited 25 years since the last win. Vancouver fans, Caps fans, Blues fans, Preds fans, Sharks fans have never seen their team win a Cup.

Outside of being a Chicago, L.A., Detroit, Pittsburgh or perhaps Ducks fan, no one is in the last decade can say they have the memories we all have. That's five teams. I don't know about you, but I think this team had one of the most memorable rides and Finals (twice!) in the last decade that make these losses much easier to swallow.

They have holes. They have had them for years. The good thing about this series is that in six games and one draft, a hole was filled.

Welcome to the top pairing Charlie McAvoy.

Now let's see what else the prospect pool can fill, cut the fat and try and keep pace with the rest of the Atlantic that seems to be getting younger and stronger as well!

Cheers

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Hahah I said the same thing when it happened....he grabbed his head so violently trying to embellish that call. Literally zero contact to his head...oh well...I thought he was kinda slimy all series considering how the media was heaping so much praise on him

Holding his head was so lame...but you know...he is Canadas hero now...gag me

Slimy is a good word

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
They weren't winning the cup this year anyway, barring a Cinderella run. Sucks to bow out the way we did, but it did reveal what we have in the younger players.

That can pay incredible dividends going forward.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bottom line is the Bruins played Ottawa TEN times this season and won only 2 and lost all 5 at home.

The kids got a taste of playoff hockey which may pay off down the road.

It was not a dull season.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Ridiculously bummed out. I fully believe the Bruins would've won this series with Krug. All 1 goal games without their best offensive defenseman.

It's weird that they haven't lost a series while on the road since 07-08 (in Montreal). 2009 (Carolina), 2010 (Philly), 2012 (Washington), 2013 (Chicago), 2014 (Montreal) and now 2017 were all in the Garden.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
They weren't winning the cup this year anyway, barring a Cinderella run. Sucks to bow out the way we did, but it did reveal what we have in the younger players.

That can pay incredible dividends going forward.

What did we really learn?

McAvoy played well but I don't see anything that suggests he is going to be an elite #1 anytime soon. He only played a couple of games so next year will be a true indicator.

Pasta was a disappointment. His play was a huge drop off from the regular season.

Bergeron and Marchand were up against the best Sens all series and didn't get the job done. Lack of depth up front really hurt. I don't think any of the young forwards have top six potential. Sweeney will have to perform miracles to get this roster in playoff trim next year.

The D corps is in worse shape than the forwards. There is zero depth. Who's the #1 next season? Chara is not the answer. Too slow and weak on the puck. Age had caught up to him. McAvoy could be but it's a huge stretch at this time. The rest of the bunch is barely average. Krug will be back but he's not a backbone guy. You can't build the D around him. McQuaid is done. Too fragile, too slow and no puck moving skills. The Millers are barely NHL players.

The only solid piece going into next year is Rask. He played well enough to win if the offense gave him some goal support.

The coaching staff needs to be given new direction or be replaced. The old school style is not working. You need to play a high tempo game in this new NHL. I don't think this staff is capable of adapting.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ridiculously bummed out. I fully believe the Bruins would've won this series with Krug. All 1 goal games without their best offensive defenseman.

It's weird that they haven't lost a series while on the road since 07-08 (in Montreal). 2009 (Carolina), 2010 (Philly), 2012 (Washington), 2013 (Chicago), 2014 (Montreal) and now 2017 were all in the Garden.

Sucks for the fans

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
What did we really learn?

McAvoy played well but I don't see anything that suggests he is going to be an elite #1 anytime soon. He only played a couple of games so next year will be a true indicator.

Pasta was a disappointment. His play was a huge drop off from the regular season.

Bergeron and Marchand were up against the best Sens all series and didn't get the job done. Lack of depth up front really hurt. I don't think any of the young forwards have top six potential. Sweeney will have to perform miracles to get this roster in playoff trim next year.

The D corps is in worse shape than the forwards. There is zero depth. Who's the #1 next season? Chara is not the answer. Too slow and weak on the puck. Age had caught up to him. McAvoy could be but it's a huge stretch at this time. The rest of the bunch is barely average. Krug will be back but he's not a backbone guy. You can't build the D around him. McQuaid is done. Too fragile, too slow and no puck moving skills. The Millers are barely NHL players.

The only solid piece going into next year is Rask. He played well enough to win if the offense gave him some goal support.

The coaching staff needs to be given new direction or be replaced. The old school style is not working. You need to play a high tempo game in this new NHL. I don't think this staff is capable of adapting.

Really not as bad as you make things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad