Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - It's OVAH - Ottawa wins 3-2 in OT and wins series 4-2

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Now I have seen it all. I've heard the Karlsson to Orr comparison throughout this series, but on the NYR-OTT thread, they are just calling him Bobby Orr now. Hilarious.

When someone scores 100 points and gets 100 penalty minutes in the same season, then and only then, can they be compared to and have the privelige of being compared to Mr. Robert Gordon Orr.

Edit: As for the game/series: I hate feeling like a series was won by officiating and it's driving me nuts that I keep lamenting on it but it's driving me nuts. It wasn't called the same for both teams no matter how many ways you look at it. it probably doesn't help any of us feeling this way when what we're feeling is validated by national broadcasters multiple times. I've never heard so many national broadcasters verbally comment during a game specifically stating the ref's are getting the calls wrong and it's only affecting one side. Anywhooooo, I knew going in they likely weren't going to get past the first round. But man, this series was winnable if all the pieces were working together instead of against each other. On ward and upward, hopeful for better things to come in the near future.

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
When someone scores 100 points and gets 100 penalty minutes in the same season, then and only then, can they be compared to and have the privelige of being compared to Mr. Robert Gordon Orr.

Impossible in this day and age. The game is completely different than how it used to be played.

A ridiculous bar to set.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The thing that bothered me the most was the STUPID IDIOT fans who threw things (including full bottles of water) on the ice:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::
I wish they could have banned all of them from ever coming to any events at the Garden again.

POOR SPORTS and pink hats is what they are. It makes Boston fans look SO bad.

The hand shake line was lucky no one got hit in the head. :rant:

Thanks to the fans who stayed until the end and cheered on the B's.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

Yeah, like racking up PIM was something good.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

To me, when a D wins the Art Ross (could be 80 points for all I care) that's the only time he can be close to being mentioned in the same sentence as Bobby Orr. Karlsson has been close, but just not there yet.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The thing that bothered me the most was the STUPID IDIOT fans who threw things (including full bottles of water) on the ice:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::
I wish they could have banned all of them from ever coming to any events at the Garden again.

POOR SPORTS and pink hats is what they are. It makes Boston fans look SO bad.

The hand shake line was lucky no one got hit in the head. :rant:

Thanks to the fans who stayed until the end and cheered on the B's.

That is a huge problem and it makes Bruins fans look bad. Someone commented yesterday saying that if the refs can be jerks then the fans can too. That's a ridiculous stance. Throwing anything on any playing surface is disgusting behavior. All it takes is a few idiots to make 95% of great fans look very bad.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That is a huge problem and it makes Bruins fans look bad. Someone commented yesterday saying that if the refs can be jerks then the fans can too. That's a ridiculous stance. Throwing anything on any playing surface is disgusting behavior. All it takes is a few idiots to make 95% of great fans look very bad.

That was the worst I have seen it.

Someone (including the players, refs or fans sitting in the loge) could have been hurt.

I was ashamed of how bad it was. :shakehead

poor...poor sportsmanship. The B's didn't like it either.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
Impossible in this day and age. The game is completely different than how it used to be played.

A ridiculous bar to set.

Ridiculous? I think not. Difficult? Most certainly. Until Karlsson or another defenseman, consistently do something that then becomes the standard that every player coming up behind them playing that position strives to meet or exceed, than there is zero validity to be making a comparison. IMO of course :)

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
To me, when a D wins the Art Ross (could be 80 points for all I care) that's the only time he can be close to being mentioned in the same sentence as Bobby Orr. Karlsson has been close, but just not there yet.

For me the points have to go along with the +/- in todays game (vs. PIM in Bobby's day) in order for me to really think someone is on the same level he was. He didn't just put the puck in the net as a defenseman. He was an amazing defenseman who could make you look like a beginner skater, beat the crap out of you and put the puck in the net at will.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Senators fans can call us babies and whiners all they want. The tape doesn't lie. Game 1, Boro-wtfeverhisnameis knee on knee (stuck his leg out, i'd call that intent to injure) with Chiller, no call. Game 6, McAvoy collides with Wingels (incidental contact at best) 2:00 penalty for interference?????? Maybe there is no conspiracy against the Bruins, but something stinks about the reffing this whole series.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Sens fan sayins the sens did get the better side of officiating.

That being said, we sens fans know exactly how frustrating it can be and don't blame you for being vocal about your displeasure.

Just to show you:

PP minus PK time:

09-10: 27th
10-11: 29th
11-12: 27th
12-13: 27th
13-14: 30th

So we know exactly what it's like to see the other team get PP after PP when we can't buy a PP and the game get's solved on the PP. It stings twice as much when it's the playoffs and the games mean more.

Just came in to say i don't blame you speaking from first hand experiences.

Thank you.

No blame on the Sens here, as any fans base will gladly accept calls going their way. But as Bruins fans we see this way too often.

That is on the NHL and the NHL officials. That overtime goal called back was a crock of *****.

Every single analyst knew it.

And it goes to the war room and comes back letting the Ref call it and we have no goal when he never waved it off in the first place???

Both parties are to blame.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Senators fans can call us babies and whiners all they want. The tape doesn't lie. Game 1, Boro-wtfeverhisnameis knee on knee (stuck his leg out, i'd call that intent to injure) with Chiller, no call. Game 6, McAvoy collides with Wingels (incidental contact at best) 2:00 penalty for interference?????? Maybe there is no conspiracy against the Bruins, but something stinks about the reffing this whole series.

Boroweiki got a 2 min penalty though..

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, so yes it should have never happened.

But man oh man, after what some spent dollar value wise to see what transpired on the ice...... I am not shocked at all that they felt that both the Bruins and themselves were completely ripped off.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just wanted to drop in and say best wishes to you all and it was a heck of a series, for sure. At no point did I ever feel that "we had this", it was very nerve racking as I think what it boiled down to was experience against health. You look at the lines on paper and you would think Ottawa would win easily, but experience in the core, and accountability was able to make it a very , very tight match.

Officiating was bad and it always hurts more when you lose, been there.

I think looking at the last three years and seeing where the Bruins are trending, there are some obvious bright spots for next year. McAvoy is going to be a player, that's for sure, and Karlsson had all kinds of time for him at the end of the handshake line! I thin Pasternak, Vatrano , Acciari were also good and will continue to improve. A couple pieces will obviously help as with any team, but overall, Bruins will be better next year.

I wasn't old enough to see Bobby Orr, but in this day and age is there someone who reminds me of what I have read and seen? Of course, but eras are very hard to compare, but the one thing that sticks out to me is to lead the league in scoring, just try and figure that one out! Incredible, and it isn't like there weren't good players in Orr's era.

A few bad apples sometimes can spoil the bunch in the stands and in forums but generally I always feel the Bruins fanbase are a classy bunch, most notably one who reached out to me from the Ottawa forums about some personal stuff that unfortunately we all go through...thanks again and you know who you are!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Thank you.

No blame on the Sens here, as any fans base will gladly accept calls going their way. But as Bruins fans we see this way too often.

That is on the NHL and the NHL officials. That overtime goal called back was a crock of *****.

Every single analyst knew it.

And it goes to the war room and comes back letting the Ref call it and we have no goal when he never waved it off in the first place???

Both parties are to blame.

And yet zero accountability for these blown calls, makes the NHL look so bush league in comparison to the NFL. At least the NFL has the guts to admit when their officials made the wrong call that may have cost a team a game. Personally I am so turned off by the officiating in the B's series that I will not be watching any more hockey this year. I salute Bruin ticket holders for shelling out all of that money to continue accepting watching us get the screws put to us at home, making home ice absolutely useless to us in wins and losses, no wonder we play better on the road. I'm also very disappointed in our management for not speaking out about this, at least Cassidy did in his own way, hope they don't hold that against him.

Jamestown

Dec 17, 2014
I guess it is Canada 150 this year and what a perfect place for the cup to be July 1. With three OT PP goals by Ottawa (technically 2...but may as well be three) this series....you have to wonder. Would never say the NHL is rigged because I like it too much. But the officiating.....was just brutal. However, being at game 5 was an awesome experience. An emotional rollercoaster. I must say the Sens fans were pretty classy and their team battled hard. I just wish it would have went 7. Thats three years in a row our season has ended due to the Sens. Beginning to feel like a rivalry.

headup

Apr 7, 2008
This is just another example (of which there are waaaaaay too many) of the egregious officiating in this series.

In no way shape or form, was the series called anyway close down the middle. It makes me sick. Pasta deserved a penalty.... but not when you let what Ceci did go...

Officials and the NHL should be ashamed of themselves.....

What gets me with your mentality and I'm not here to be rude but until you understand why certain calls are made you're not going have a good time as a hockey fan. Both "non calls" were hockey plays gone wrong which weren't called for either team. Both calls on the other hand were players going above and beyond what was necessary. Be mad at your players not refs.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
What gets me with your mentality and I'm not here to be rude but until you understand why certain calls are made you're not going have a good time as a hockey fan. Both "non calls" were hockey plays gone wrong which weren't called for either team. Both calls on the other hand were players going above and beyond what was necessary. Be mad at your players not refs.

Seriously ? Easy to say coming from a Sens fan. I would argue that getting an elbow to the face is far worse then a little punch that Ryan completely oversold as if he had been shot from a sniper in the stands.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

what gets me is this is the Bruins board and unless I`m mistaken, not the team your cheer for;)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I find most of the Sens fans and posters to be pretty cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad