Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - 4/21 3:11 PM - JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins need to substitute pugnacious for polite - The Boston Globe

“It’s time,” said a serious, somber-sounding Bruce Cassidy, following his club’s early-afternoon workout Saturday in Brighton. “We have to step up our urgency level.”

Truth is, his team has been on a dangerously low simmer for all but Game 2. Cassidy knows it and he also knows his team is in trouble. He has stood behind his bench for 300 minutes the last week-plus, and other than the night Kadri again jetted off to crazy town, both the Bruins and Leafs have played like a couple of high-end private school clubs stocked with kids hoping to land Division 1 scholarships.

Not a single fight in five games. We have witnessed (shield your eyes) a whopping five roughing minors. Oh, the humanity. But let’s not forget the requisite amount of high sticks, holds, and interference calls. All that stuff qualifies as the burr in the saddle of what so far has been a $1,000 claimer of a series.

“I think sometimes you overthink the X’s and O’s — you are trying to think a little too much about what they’re bringing to you,” said veteran pivot Patrice Bergeron. “I think sometimes you’ve got to, I guess, rely more on instincts. That’s what hockey is about. You know, your first play is usually your best play, so don’t overthink stuff.”

“It’s tough . . . we are playing every other night, each game means a lot, and when your team doesn’t show up and doesn’t show that fire, have that edge . . . ,” mused defenseman Torey Krug, “. . .

because I think we have that edge when we bring it, it really shows in our game and it pushes them back on their heels.

“We’ve got to bring it. No question about it. We’ve got to bring it.”

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This has been the worst series I’ve watched since the New Jersey cup run days. Great for naps though.

That said, they could elevate it quite a bit by pushing things to game 7 and showing some give a **** out there.

So ya. Put your ****ing big boy pants on and win one.
One good game out of five from an entertainment perspective. Rest if the playoffs have been physical, nasty and intense. This has been boring for the most part.

Playoff hockey should never be boring. Cassidy played right onto Babcock hands. If you had asked Babcock before this series how he would like to see the Bruins play it would be the non physical, not intense hockey they have played so far.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'd rather be down 3-2 in a series against the leafs than any other team. We are still in there heads and I expect the magic to begin tomorrow.
I don’t think the Bruins are in their heads anymore,they have matured,I think and have learned from their mistakes,but we will,see hope you’re right.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I really hate their smug ass fans.

Bruins haven’t played well enough to win the series at all, but I really hope they can find a way to pull it off to stick it to those losers.
Oddly enough I know no Leafs fans which is great . I knew one ages ago but he was one of these dudes who supports multiple teams (can’t stand that) so he doesn’t count . Soooo quiet here in Vancouver come playoff time . F**k the Canucks

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Oddly enough I know no Leafs fans which is great . I knew one ages ago but he was one of these dudes who supports multiple teams (can’t stand that) so he doesn’t count . Soooo quiet here in Vancouver come playoff time . F**k the Canucks
I know lots and it will be hell if the Bruins loose,most obnoxious fans there is.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bruins need to substitute pugnacious for polite - The Boston Globe

“It’s time,” said a serious, somber-sounding Bruce Cassidy, following his club’s early-afternoon workout Saturday in Brighton. “We have to step up our urgency level.”

Truth is, his team has been on a dangerously low simmer for all but Game 2. Cassidy knows it and he also knows his team is in trouble. He has stood behind his bench for 300 minutes the last week-plus, and other than the night Kadri again jetted off to crazy town, both the Bruins and Leafs have played like a couple of high-end private school clubs stocked with kids hoping to land Division 1 scholarships.

Not a single fight in five games. We have witnessed (shield your eyes) a whopping five roughing minors. Oh, the humanity. But let’s not forget the requisite amount of high sticks, holds, and interference calls. All that stuff qualifies as the burr in the saddle of what so far has been a $1,000 claimer of a series.

“I think sometimes you overthink the X’s and O’s — you are trying to think a little too much about what they’re bringing to you,” said veteran pivot Patrice Bergeron. “I think sometimes you’ve got to, I guess, rely more on instincts. That’s what hockey is about. You know, your first play is usually your best play, so don’t overthink stuff.”

“It’s tough . . . we are playing every other night, each game means a lot, and when your team doesn’t show up and doesn’t show that fire, have that edge . . . ,” mused defenseman Torey Krug, “. . .

because I think we have that edge when we bring it, it really shows in our game and it pushes them back on their heels.

“We’ve got to bring it. No question about it. We’ve got to bring it.”

Never mind yapping about it- do it.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Except for game 2, all I have really seen from the Bruins is uninspired hockey. It is gut check time boys. Nobody is going to give you anything. Time to take control of your fate or our season will be over.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Whatever.

We're toast.
pESRN5u.gif

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I really think they win this game,but unfortunately go back to Boston to lose game seven ,but I’m rarely right about anything so don’t make any bets on it.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
It's been 15 years since the Maple Leafs last won a playoff series, a first-round, seven-game set with the Ottawa Senators. If you think that was a long time ago, consider the last time the Maple Leafs ousted the Bruins in the playoffs: 1959. Yes, it was 60 years ago when Toronto last punted the Bruins from the Stanley Cup chase, when the NHL was in its Original Six era.

This right here gives us hope.
Let's Go Bruins!:box:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I know one in real life and he’s literally the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad