Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - 4/21 3:11 PM - JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I’ve also watched the Preds & Jets just play like the undead waiting to be put out of their misery

All the stacked loaded teams are gone or are close and few if any fought to the end

Tampa
Nashville
Winnipeg
Calgary
Boston

Who showed up ?

Nashville & Winnipeg we’re supposed to be serious Cup contenders going into season

They all but mailed huge games in yesterday

Based on what I saw from Boston live and the way other supposed top teams played with backs against the wall

I’m a nonbeliever
Depends who you choose to listen too. Nashville was never a serious contender. They rode a Hasek like performance to the finals 2 years ago. Been f*** all since Rinne came back down to earth. Jets have been average to lousy all season with a hot and cold goalie (more cold than hot). Bruis were suppose to be a lock to beat the loafs but after that, they were no ones pick to win a Cup.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am a fan. hockey changes fast. I will pray and beleive. They are broken but i can’t go against them. DKH please stay at home for game seven and don’t open your tv today!,,stay simply away!
I can not watch today but I have the tickets for game 7

Reactions: nords1995

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not my favorite player. Too damn soft . Disappears in heavy games
Sure does.

Delivers bad passes. Trouble taking a pass clean. Never gets a loose puck around the net. Soft on the wall. Ton of give aways. Leaf goalie probably has no idea who Heimen is.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
"The Germans?"

"Forget it, he's rolling.."

“This could be the greatest night of our lives. . . Let’s do it!! Go!! Go!! Go!!!” Like the screaming guys pouring out of Delta House to commit mayhem, we need to bolt out of the door at introductions - as one Airborne NCO once yelled at me - “running like scalded apes and screaming like we just escaped from a mental institution.” Probably insensitive from a mental health perspective, but you get the picture of what is required. Unstoppable motivation. Scare the hell out of the opposition. Escalate from there. No mercy. Stop dangling, over handling, and perimeter play. Shots on net, crash the net. Win this one, win the next one. Rinse, repeat.

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Game five was a disaster. That game was there for the taking. Bruins should have blown them out in that game.
Yes. It created huge doubt. Although its just one game. But a team capable of being that bad, at home, in a huge game , against a team that did not play well either????

Reactions: MAINE-IAC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins won Game 4 when I had breakfast here

23131_IaIuqD650GK-MklmmsUKIMm-3wothykFcPz3XEcnyn4.jpg

4084530_TsN5HorSaWw_PmYLnkpyiMBOa1RKHTXw3Mgv-JtosCg.jpg

3750703_TMwJuX-vlsH43wGUiuYoI9jxvVP2Hh_Lmy7eXpn_3a0.jpg

This place was picked by design (watch video)

#standwitnesstomoreleafsmisery

:bruins

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It’s been a very long time since I’ve wished I was a pro athlete, but I’d give anything to suit up for the Bruins today.

Not sure how I’d do on the scoresheet, but I do know that I’d play like it’s Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yes. It created huge doubt. Although its just one game. But a team capable of being that bad, at home, in a huge game , against a team that did not play well either????
I don’t agree I thought the Leafs played a pretty good road game ,they had the Bruins hemmed in their own end the majority of the game ,and if not for Rask could have taken the lead much earlier in the game.Yes Bruins didn’t put back much of a fight I agree,but have to also give the Leafs credit also.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto's been able to play the style of game I honestly never thought they were capable of. They're slowing the game down, clogging up the neutral zone, disrupting the cycle and forcing The Bruins away from their clean outlet passes. Leafs are playing with structure - which I haven't seen from them all season and why I thought it'd be a cake-walk. They look like Babcock's Wings with all their little hooks and barely cross-checks and it's tough sledding.

The B's need to score first. - which is something I wasn't concerned with going into the series.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This series I have seen nothing from Heinen.

Awesome.

Heinen tied for 3rd in scoring (1g/2a), tied for the team lead in plus/minus (+2) while being 9th in TOI for forwards.

Maybe he should be out there more? Just a thought.

So you are either:

a) Not paying very close attention.

b) Just trolling.

Also, are you even a Bruin’s fan? Guy with 13k+ posts and I don’t recall you ever being here (unless you changed your name)?

Looks like a lot of your posts are from the MTL forum. Are you just mad that the B’s drafted Heinen before the Habs (he was supposedly on their draft board)?

Shouldn’t you be over there discussing the relative merits of Spring golf in the province of Quebec?

Reactions: lopey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The GDT is up.

I wish I had faith like some of you but I don't.

I hope I am wrong but my heart says otherwise.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I’ve also watched the Preds & Jets just play like the undead waiting to be put out of their misery

All the stacked loaded teams are gone or are close and few if any fought to the end

Tampa
Nashville
Winnipeg
Calgary
Boston

Who showed up ?

Nashville & Winnipeg we’re supposed to be serious Cup contenders going into season

They all but mailed huge games in yesterday

Based on what I saw from Boston live and the way other supposed top teams played with backs against the wall

I’m a nonbeliever
I disagree with any suggestion the Bruins are “stacked” or “loaded”, but I definitely agree they’ve played a poor to mediocre series to date.

Key players have been absent, some players we thought were excellent or up and coming during the year have been mediocre or exposed this series (looking at every dman except the top pair), goaltending has been just okay (minus Game 5 IMO), and adjustments haven’t worked enough. Top to bottom, excluding a few guys, it’s been disappointing. To me the only reason for optimism is that this feeling happens in the playoffs sometimes. 16 wins is a long stretch, and teams can struggle and still move on. The Bruins, notably their top line, need to find a way to keep it going.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Awesome.

Heinen tied for 3rd in scoring (1g/2a), tied for the team lead in plus/minus (+2) while being 9th in TOI for forwards.

Maybe he should be out there more? Just a thought.

So you are either:

a) Not paying very close attention.

b) Just trolling.

Also, are you even a Bruin’s fan? Guy with 13k+ posts and I don’t recall you ever being here (unless you changed your name)?

Looks like a lot of your posts are from the MTL forum. Are you just mad that the B’s drafted Heinen before the Habs (he was supposedly on their draft board)?

Shouldn’t you be over there discussing the relative merits of Spring golf in the province of Quebec?
LOL Good one

I Cant stand the Leafs.

(I aint the only one unimpressed with Heimen) See how he plays this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad