GDT: ECQF | Game 5 | 5/9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00pm ET | CBC, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
Whatever happens, do not go out in Game 6 in front of Ottawa fans. Go out with dignity in front of the home crowd. I think this team far exceeded anyone's expectations and our fans deserve to show appreciation for what they accomplished. A nice, classy salute to the crowd. Do not give the satisfaction to Sens fans.

Obviously, I'm hoping for a comeback. But, if it doesn't happen, going out in Game 5 or 7 is a lot better than going out in 6.

That said, Go Habs Go!

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
Pleaknec has been doing amazing, he has 12 goals already in the series.
Oh Wait. Just found out that slap shots directly into the opposing goalie's chest do not count as goals.

Pleks is far from the problem. One of our best forwards in the series to be honest. That's not saying much, but there are other forwards that need to step it up a lot more than he does. At least he shoots on the net...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I hope Bournival gets the nod. I want to see what we got in return for the great Ryan O'byrne who was the best d-man in the nhl at the time.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
TBH and i'm sure i'm not alone in this...the kick in the balls that was last game. I now have 0 expectations. none. so it's gravy right now. going to try and enjoy game and hope we extend series. if not, hopefully bergevin knows what he needs to do to tweak this team for a longer season and playoff run

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Bourque not at practice (!), Pacioretty either.

Bournival practicing with team.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Montreal Bulldogs!

chillen

Feb 12, 2013
Saint-Peter Budaj? [PIC]

Hey so does anyone have that photoshopped image of Peter Budaj as a Saint? Saw it in Game 4's thread but can't find it...

Thanks!!!

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
We need this.

Not just for the obvious reason of not being eliminated, but to help ease any doubt that is present in the players' mind, the reassurance they will get from a convincing win is more important than staying in the series IMO. This team has been a shadow of it's former self, I don't know what happened on the trade deadline that altered this teams mentality, but what we see now I a nervous and fragile team, nowhere near what it was and what it's capable of being, and nowhere near what it has to be to win a playoff series.

That being said, I think the boys are ready for tonight's game, despite being decimated by injuries after being paractically injury-free during the season... It's time to see what this team is made of, it's time to see the "Character" that Bergevin, Molson and Therrien often talk about.

I predict a good win, maybe not a high scoring one, but a good solid game. It has to be...

GO :habs GO!

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
What the **** will be our line up tonight?

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Moen - DD - Dumont
? - Halpern - Bournival
? - ? - ?

Injured : Pacioretty, Bourque, Gionta, Eller, White, Prust, Emelin, Price

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal

Moen - DD - Dumont
? - Halpern - Bournival
? - ? - ?

I'm going to guess:

Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Halpern-Armstrong
Moen-Dumont-Bournival

Convenient you left out Ryder. Don't worry, I sometimes forget he's there, too. ;)

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

Moen - DD - Dumont
? - Halpern - Bournival
? - ? - ?

Patches and Bourque will likely play...

Knowing Therrien, this is what I think we'll see :

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Ryder
Galchenyuk Halpern Armstrong
Moen Dumont Blunden

Status