GDT: ECQF | Game 5 | 5/9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00pm ET | CBC, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
This game is doable. If anyone has momentum it's the Habs... The NHL war room has more momentum than the Sens...

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Pressure ball is now in the Sens court.

Really? We have 3 games to win the series. I know what you're saying, but the pressure would lie more with Montreal tonight, no? I'm not trying to be a smart guy here, but I don't see it that way yet.

Also, is Plekanec's hurt or has he just been struggling? I always found in the playoffs in the past he was a big difference maker for you guys. I have barely noticed him (now that I said this, I'm sure he'll get 3 points tonight!).

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
This season what a huge waste of time

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really? We have 3 games to win the series. I know what you're saying, but the pressure would lie more with Montreal tonight, no? I'm not trying to be a smart guy here, but I don't see it that way yet.

Also, is Plekanec's hurt or has he just been struggling? I always found in the playoffs in the past he was a big difference maker for you guys. I have barely noticed him (now that I said this, I'm sure he'll get 3 points tonight!).

He's playing shutdown C, like Toews, Bergeron and Co.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Galchenyuk
Ryder Halpern Moen
Armstrong Dumont Blunden

I think it's our best bet...

More like

Patches Galchenyuk Gallagher
Ryder Plekanec Bourque
Dumont Desharnais Armstrong
Moen Halpern Blunden

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have decided to stop watching hockey for now after that travesty of officiating I witnessed the other night. I can't get worked up if the officiating is so bush league.

Good luck boys

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
If this happens and he puts doubt in the Sens heads, I honestly think we're going to be taking the series

I hope so. My username and avatar are on the line. :laugh:

The Habs need to play the way they did in game two. Keep it simple. Budaj will make the stops as long as he can see them. It's when traffic begins to circulate that I become nervous. Keep the crease clear and play hard on the forecheck. Most importantly, play a full sixty minutes. If you got a lead of a goal or two, don't sit back and let the Senators come to you. Keep playing your style for the duration of the game.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I have decided to stop watching hockey for now after that travesty of officiating I witnessed the other night. I can't get worked up if the officiating is so bush league.

Good luck boys

Clarence Campbell was not always kind to the Habs, we still won Cups. Ultimately we need to be that much better than the Sens. Our fate is in our hands and we can do this.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I hope so. My username and avatar are on the line. :laugh:

The Habs need to play the way they did in game two. Keep it simple. Budaj will make the stops as long as he can see them. It's when traffic begins to circulate that I become nervous. Keep the crease clear and play hard on the forecheck. Most importantly, play a full sixty minutes. If you got a lead of a goal or two, don't sit back and let the Senators come to you. Keep playing your style for the duration of the game.

What will you have to change it too?

Whoever you're betting with just edit one of his post's to say something derogatory than perma-ban him. You're username is a staple here.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
What will you have to change it too?

Whoever you're betting with just edit one of his post's to say something derogatory than perma-ban him. You're username is a staple here.

Little hard to do when he's a mod over at the Sens board. :laugh:

It's up to him what I change it to. It's only for the duration of the playoffs, so it's not too bad. According to the guy that's making the custom avatar, it's a doozy though. Not looking forward to it, should the Habs lose tonight.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Won't be able to watch the game.

I'll say this though. I know it's unpopular to say it, but officiating got me really annoyed this season. Too much interpretation and head-scratchers. I've been crapping on them all season long because it's never been that bad. IMHO, they have been told to do/watch too much on the ice.

Goaltender interference is becoming a random call. Anderson acting dead after barely touched gave Ottawa two powerplays, but Turris stick on Price on the tying goal wasn't enough to cancel the goal. Where's the balance in those calls?

All in all, I'm not that sad to miss the game tonight.

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal

Pleaknec has been doing amazing, he has 12 goals already in the series.
Oh Wait. Just found out that slap shots directly into the opposing goalie's chest do not count as goals.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Little hard to do when he's a mod over at the Sens board. :laugh:

It's up to him what I change it to. It's only for the duration of the playoffs, so it's not too bad. According to the guy that's making the custom avatar, it's a doozy though. Not looking forward to it, should the Habs lose tonight.

The same mod who...?

We're playing the worst number two seed in a decade thanks to the shortened season. If we make it to round two we'll likely play Pittsburgh or Boston and get crushed.

We need to ****ing win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad