Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 - HIBERNATION ENDS - BRUINS 4 Canes 3 F - B's LEAD SERIES 3-1

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nice to see the team bail out the goalie, not like Rask never had any stinkers but some ppl need to relax. Halak is our guy now. Tuukka has checked out, zoned out and left the building physically and mentally, he is not coming back and may never come back.

Reactions: BMC and nORRis8

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Most impressive thing about that hit for me is that Staal isn't a slight Paul Kariya or Steve Sullivan out there. He's a big chungus and McAvoy still sent him flying

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Per zo and beetle

Tuukka is golfing alone today in Boston area without his family
Who gives a shit?

Leave him alone. How would any of you like it if the media stalked your every move just because you're butt hurt that he opted out?

Just because he's golfing doesn't mean the issues are suddenly all better.

The way people are treating Tuukka is disgusting

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Who gives a shit?

Leave him alone. How would any of you like it if the media stalked your every move just because you're butt hurt that he opted out?

Just because he's golfing doesn't mean the issues are suddenly all better.

The way people are treating Tuukka is disgusting

im not butt hurt at all lol

it is just not a good look for him

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Exactly. If Tuukka had any tact at all he’d stay in a little cage in his basement, getting fed slop on a metal tray twice a day until the rest of the Bruins leave the bubble. He’d be allowed out once per day only to see his children. I’d have an app on my phone that would notify me if he left the house.

Im not saying I want him in there, its his right to leave the bubble and return to normal life, but other people are really going to be upset!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I don’t care at all that tuukka is golfing I’m just saying it is not a good look at all for him and his image..hf probably makes up 1% of bruins fans and where 50-50 on him...the other 99% of the bruins fans/casuals are probably 10-90 like to dislike...if we happen to lose cause Halak falters...Tuukka will be torched and boo relentlessly by this fan base if there allowed in the building next year.

To leave your team in the playoffs for a major family emergency and be out about having fun 3 days later...doesn’t really fit

Reactions: Aeroforce

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I remember people freaking out when Chara was at an amusement park with his kids after losing in the Cup Final. He was supposed to be curled up in a ball crying like some fans. Their personal lives are just that and people need to back off. Nobody has any idea what is happening in his life.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I don’t care at all that tuukka is golfing I’m just saying it is not a good look at all for him and his image..hf probably makes up 1% of bruins fans and where 50-50 on him...the other 99% of the bruins fans/casuals are probably 10-90 like to dislike...if we happen to lose cause Halak falters...Tuukka will be torched and boo relentlessly by this fan base if there allowed in the building next year.

To leave your team in the playoffs for a major family emergency and be out about having fun 3 days later...doesn’t really fit
This is gonna sound like a cold thing I’m about to say but I don’t give a shit about Tuukka anymore .

Onto Game 5

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bergeron is clearly ailing... so everyone giving him shit... he's once again being a warrior.... and he'll probably make you eat your words at some point
Bergy is amazing. Like you said, he is a warrior. I fully expect a laundry list of ailments to come out at the end of all of this.

Reactions: TwineTickler

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

It's his life. If he's golfing to relieve stress or just mentally decompress, let him do it.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Even if a child has some kind of terrible disease, parents aren't stuck in the room with them 24/7. If going out for 90 minutes to golf gets him out of there and helps him clear his head, you can't hold it against him.

The issue is what's implied in all the criticism: the fact that a big part of us doubt Tuukka's excuse for leaving. I know he's not obligated to explain anything to anyone, especially if it involves his kids or wife's privacy, but he could make all of this go away if he just came out and said "my child/wife/parent has some kind of disease and needs to be attended to". But again, not our right to know. Just as a public figure with a history of flakiness, until he does that, I think people will doubt his reasons and question his headspace.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad