Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 - HIBERNATION ENDS - BRUINS 4 Canes 3 F - B's LEAD SERIES 3-1

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
You think Rask's comments after that game 2 loss were appropriate ? I sure didn't like them, seeing as the rest of the team was dialed in with one exception, Rask.
I have a feeling this not the first time Tuukka was not dialed in , both times it was the beginning of the season.
Once when Khudobhin was the back up and a few years ago with Halak. Both of them had strong starts to the season whereupon Tuukka was obviously struggling. He didn't get it going till the end of November.

Be really surprised if tuukka finishes he career in NA.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
So assuming that Pasta isn't available for Game 5 tomorrow and Cassidy goes back to Coyle a #1RW, what does the 3rd line look like?

Marchand - Bergeron - Coyle
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
??? - ??? - ???
Nordstrom - ??? - Wagner

Somewhere in here would be Kuraly, the question is does he play #4C or #3C?

With
TOI With
CF% With
SF% With
xGF% With
SCF% With
HDCF% With
Joakim Nordstrom​
49​
43.6​
43.8​
44.3​
36.8​
46.7​
Jack Studnicka​
14​
50.0​
41.2​
68.3​
69.2​
100.0​
Anders Bjork​
11​
47.8​
41.7​
58.7​
62.5​
100.0​
Karson Kuhlman​
3​
33.3​
0.0​
48.7​
50.0​
-​
Nick Ritchie​
2​
50.0​
50.0​
63.0​
100.0​
-​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Does Bruce go back to his line he was rolling towards the latter half of the game or do we see someone come out? On the flip side if Pastrnak comes back what does the bottom 6 look like?
Keep the same line up as game 4, if Pasty cannot play. Stud brings energy and speed to this team, Cliffy is better than JL. Ritchie needs to watch and practice his skating.

Reactions: bbfan419 and lopey

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I think they would but not sure Tuukka won't retire
I should clarify.
I meant if Rask wants to come back for these playoffs, I don't think Mgmt will take him back.
If he wants back next year, thats another story. I like Tuukka, great goalie, but if you can move on
from him, and not miss a beat, I think you do.

Reactions: bbfan419

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I really dont like the move of Coyle to 1RW permanent (so long as Pasta is out). Though it made that third line completely irrelevant last night but the Bs pulled it off.

If you can find a solution for the third line great but not having Coyle on it hurts A LOT.

Reactions: BMC and bbfan419

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Yeah, I'd rather double shift Kase on 1st and 2nd lines rather than make Coyle switch roles.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I should clarify.
I meant if Rask wants to come back for these playoffs, I don't think Mgmt will take him back.
If he wants back next year, thats another story. I like Tuukka, great goalie, but if you can move on
from him, and not miss a beat, I think you do.

I’m pretty sure he’s not allowed back these playoffs even if they want him

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I’m pretty sure he’s not allowed back these playoffs even if they want him
The NHL clarified that he could come back but he'd have to quarantine for 14 days and take four separate negative tests before re-entering the bubble, so it's practically impossible but theoretically possible.

Reactions: CDJ

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Seven large is a big number to walk away from even with family/emotional issues.
I think B's trade him freeing up cap space and we could get some assets back as well. Would not mind signing Crawford for 2-3 years at a decent price.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
If Rask wants back in, does Boston Management take him back ?
I'd say no.

Of course they would. Fans want to see drama and conflict in everything, like it's a soap opera. It's not. It's a business and winning is the name of the game - whatever makes the team better. If Rask got his issue(s) resolved and said "I wanna come back and lead this team to a Cup", he's back.

By all accounts, this is a close-knit team and Tuukka is one of the veterans who's been through the wars with the rest of them. My sense is, they'd welcome him back in a minute. With a focused, dialed-in Rask, it's a better team.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

Loved the hit, but am glad to see this.

J. Staal is a solid player and not one I want to see hurt or concussed.

Haven't seen if the Canes had a problem with the hit (deep down Brind'Amour probably loved it - it was a throwback to his prime). But I imagine they took McAvoy's number.

As for Rask, he'd have to want back in very soon to be back in time to play. But frankly, I'd welcome him back. This team is too good to be sunk by average goaltending. And they're really in trouble if Halak gets hurt.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Gardiner on the ice for the first two goals.

Reminds me of the great joke from last year after the Leafs series.

How did the Bruins get to the 2nd round?

They took the Gardiner Expressway.

*People familiar with Toronto will get this*
ZING!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The NHL clarified that he could come back but he'd have to quarantine for 14 days and take four separate negative tests before re-entering the bubble, so it's practically impossible but theoretically possible.
Is it still 14 days ? I thought with three tests the number of days was less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad