Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 - HIBERNATION ENDS - BRUINS 4 Canes 3 F - B's LEAD SERIES 3-1

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hilarious.

Pretty impressive he was back out on the ice today. I thought for sure he was missing at least one game. Will be interesting to see if he or anyone else tries to go with CBL to make him atone.

Yes it is pretty impressive given how fast he was off the ice after that hit. I thought something was seriously wrong with him to exit that quickly, and again when he smashed his stick in the tunnel.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

Lets see what the future beholds for the Pasta man.

Unfunny thing I was watching celebratory injuries on Sports Centre, so many stupid injuries that should not have happened.

Celebrate when you win the Cup.

Not like Gramatica, in a 0-0 game, what is the f ing point.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
5XII5C2RXFNLXUINV3Y7DBZ74Y.jpg
Since it appears Staal is okay, I'm going to say this now.... His beard is weird looking. Kinda like Toews' beard.

Reactions: BMC

Mancini0518

Jan 26, 2008
MA
Even if a child has some kind of terrible disease, parents aren't stuck in the room with them 24/7. If going out for 90 minutes to golf gets him out of there and helps him clear his head, you can't hold it against him.

The issue is what's implied in all the criticism: the fact that a big part of us doubt Tuukka's excuse for leaving. I know he's not obligated to explain anything to anyone, especially if it involves his kids or wife's privacy, but he could make all of this go away if he just came out and said "my child/wife/parent has some kind of disease and needs to be attended to". But again, not our right to know. Just as a public figure with a history of flakiness, until he does that, I think people will doubt his reasons and question his headspace.

Questioning if youve ever played golf if you think it takes 90 minutes...

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Any eyewitness reports from Pasta at practice today? Was he comfortable taking slap shots and one-timers? (assuming it was some sort of core injury.)

aguineapig

What would you pick?

Reminds me of the Stooges and Curly's dilemma.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yes it is pretty impressive given how fast he was off the ice after that hit. I thought something was seriously wrong with him to exit that quickly, and again when he smashed his stick in the tunnel.

I think he's broken his wrist a couple times. Perhaps he thought it happened again.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
hahah good point.... I was a young American kid in awe of anyone with the "chuk" at the end.... Legend status.

Ukrainian names, Bruins had Johnny Bucyk, Vic Stasiuk and Bronco Horvath the Uke line. There are a few Ukrainian Canadians that played big roles.

Mike Bossy, Eddie Shack, Dale Hawerchuk and Wayne Gretzky.

My family is related to Terry Sawchuk and Dave Andreychuk, not me directly but my cousins.

Reactions: LouJersey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
OK..... I’m prepared to get flamed here, as I’m really just thinking out lout. Not even sure if I think this is wise to think about.

So, with all those ass covering statements in place.......:laugh:

Should Bruce at least consider giving Vladar a start in G5 given we are 3-1 up?

If we go further, he’ll likely have to play sometime. Maybe give him first start when it’s not do or die? Jaro was not sharp in G4 and doesn’t fill me with confidence that he’ll go distance without a break.

Thoughts? And please be kind.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I wouldn't be so sure about that, former NHL player Jeff O'Neill said yesterday that he has no doubt that some of the Bruins players would not have been happy with Rask bailing like that. Of course, if there was an actual family emergency, that is different and no one would question that.
Jeff O'Neill's opinion = tits on a bull......useless.....

Reactions: BBB24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad