Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 - HIBERNATION ENDS - BRUINS 4 Canes 3 F - B's LEAD SERIES 3-1

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Here's a thought and probably not a good one. The BRUINS should inquire about trading Rask to the Caps for Holtby. Look, if you can't beat him, have him join you.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
OK..... I’m prepared to get flamed here, as I’m really just thinking out lout. Not even sure if I think this is wise to think about.

So, with all those ass covering statements in place.......:laugh:

Should Bruce at least consider giving Vladar a start in G5 given we are 3-1 up?

If we go further, he’ll likely have to play sometime. Maybe give him first start when it’s not do or die? Jaro was not sharp in G4 and doesn’t fill me with confidence that he’ll go distance without a break.

Thoughts? And please be kind.

I think your suggestion is reasonable but I don't think it is a great idea or will be done .

The only way Vladar is getting in is of Halak is really bad . You are right he was really really bad game 4 but he gets more of a leash than one bad game . Cassidy was worried Halak hadn't seen enough game action when Rask left so I am sure he wants to get him his confidence .

Last of all a 3 /1 lead is huge but it can quickly fade . Once you get to 3 /2 its sweating time . We came back from 3 /2 to leafs last yr . We had the leafs 3/1 in our other two playoff match ups just to be losing game 7 in the third period of both series we happen to pull a miracle in one and comeback as well in other .

Reactions: Number8

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
OK..... I’m prepared to get flamed here, as I’m really just thinking out lout. Not even sure if I think this is wise to think about.

If we go further, he’ll likely have to play sometime. Maybe give him first start when it’s not do or die? Jaro was not sharp in G4 and doesn’t fill me with confidence that he’ll go distance without a break.

I think it's worth considering.

We've seen young goalies play lights out when the opposing team is unfamiliar with them.

And it could light a fire under Halak should a Game 6 be necessary Thursday.

And if they could make Crawford work with the cap and not part with any assets too valuable, I 'd be all for it.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I was thinking the same thing . I’m sure Halak will be much better tomorrow but what if he isn’t ?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
So you do agree about trading Rask.

Me yes I think he is an awesome goalie and have really never questioned him but when you come out with the stupid comments he did followed by leaving the team in a middle of a series / playoff . I have personally turned on him but hey if the team is all totally legit in their support and they bring him back i will try to jump back on his bandwagon but it would probably be tough.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I think Halak has a long leash but if he keeps playing like anything like game 4 we would have to roll the dice . Game 3 he was very good with one mental error so I am hoping he will be fine .
Halak can beat a team alone...but he has consistancy flaws and is streaky. So if he is on his game and go for a while Bingo. Otherwise Boston will have problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->