Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - In Jaroslav We Trust ( just stay in the net) B's 3 - Canes 1 F - B's lead series 2-1

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yup.
I enjoy the game he calls and totally dig Brick.
Jack gets hyper, says some crap.
It's taking a lot to focus on hockey and the playoffs due to all the crap going on....I truly do not need Justice Warriors adding to it.

I'm as far from being a social justice warrior as you can get. But I am a hockey fan, and hockey tradition says both teams tap their sticks for an injured player. Quite simply, Jack should have tapped his stick. He didn't.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Back to yesterday's game....
Without Coyle we were not going to the finals last year. He was a beast last night and I hope it continues.

Kase just needs to get that first one, then look out.

The 4th line...we were getting hemmed in the 3rd period at times then the 4th line came over the boards and turned the tables on the Canes. Determination baby!!!

Halak has his chance and I am jacked up! This dude is a solid tender and I am sure he will make non believers into believers. He was "on" yesterday.
The Blues won with their backup last year with that obnoxious little prick in net, so how about us.

Bjork is proving to be not a good fit on the first line. See what happens.

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I'm as far from being a social justice warrior as you can get. But I am a hockey fan, and hockey tradition says both teams tap their sticks for an injured player. Quite simply, Jack should have tapped his stick. He didn't.
He likely won't unless asked to by the white collars.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Back to yesterday's game....
Without Coyle we were not going to the finals last year. He was a beast last night and I hope it continues.

Kase just needs to get that first one, then look out.

The 4th line...we were getting hemmed in the 3rd period at times then the 4th line came over the boards and turned the tables on the Canes. Determination baby!!!

Halak has his chance and I am jacked up! This dude is a solid tender and I am sure he will make non believers into believers. He was "on" yesterday.
The Blues won with their backup last year with that obnoxious little prick in net, so how about us.

Bjork is proving to be not a good fit on the first line. See what happens.

The only match up they have for Coyle is Staal and Charlie is dominating him. I was worried if he’d be as effective with a 4th liner and rookie on his wings but he just raised his game even more.

It’s a massive plus that all the players who came in yesterday made an impact. Lindholm and Studnicka both grew into the game after the first and apart from a soft penalty from Lindholm, they didn’t miss a beat. Jaro and Clifton did exactly what was expected and needed. Love Cliffy making them pay a price in the corners and not shy to jump into the play either.

Good coaching changes to give Gryz plenty of shifts with McAvoy too, our best duo at puck retrieval and exiting the zone. Charlie is an absolute stud and is eating up huge minutes, would like to see him more on the PP too.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

This is true - to be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with Jack's tweet at the time and said so in the thread but looking it from this perspective, you are right.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I like Bjork and hope he is in and scores a few goals. He seems very skilled to me.

When I saw this guy in the WJC I thought he was gonna be the bomb. Years later he hasn't really amounted to much and he's had great opportunities. I'm not gonna knock his effort and he seems skilled as you say but I've grown tired waiting for production.

Reactions: nORRis8

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The only match up they have for Coyle is Staal and Charlie is dominating him. I was worried if he’d be as effective with a 4th liner and rookie on his wings but he just raised his game even more.

It’s a massive plus that all the players who came in yesterday made an impact. Lindholm and Studnicka both grew into the game after the first and apart from a soft penalty from Lindholm, they didn’t miss a beat. Jaro and Clifton did exactly what was expected and needed. Love Cliffy making them pay a price in the corners and not shy to jump into the play either.

Good coaching changes to give Gryz plenty of shifts with McAvoy too, our best duo at puck retrieval and exiting the zone. Charlie is an absolute stud and is eating up huge minutes, would like to see him more on the PP too.

You saw the game exactly how I saw it.

Reactions: Geordie Bruin

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Filets are round. Both NY Strips (sirloins) and ribeyes are oblong.

ETA:

View attachment 361527

Clockwise from top left, ribeye, NY Strip, filet mignon.

Thanks for lesson but the one in the picture doesn't look like any of those.

If you cooked as many steaks as I have cooked in my life you'd know that , that could be a variety of cuts. Filet mignon is a very tender piece of meat that can be manipulated in form. To state that a filet mignon is always round is simply wrong. Now on closer look the one in the picture may or may not be a filet mignon but it could be. You stated that it was either a rib eye or Ny steak now look at the picture you provided it doesn't look like either of those.

P.S. I'm a chef and have been working in kitchens for the last 42 years.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The people who call every sort of criticism of somebody “SJW” shit are LOL funny. It shows such a lack of critical thinking ability to me. “Hurrrdy durrrrr snowflake”. Yeah that’s some big brain stuff *eyeroll*

No- Jack was an asshole and he’s getting called out for it. It’s entirely fair. He deserves the heat he is getting. And that’s coming from somebody who likes the guy and knows he’s a good person (he did a lot for a classmate of mine that died of cancer)

So does his tweet make him the worst person alive? No. But he’s supposed to be a pro and instead he’s basically telling a 19 yr old with a severe injury he had it coming when he really didn’t do anything. Might as well tell a rape victim she shouldn’t have been wearing what she was wearing while we are at it

It is a dick move. End of story. There is no debate. You guys know if another announcer said that about Bergeron when he was stretchered off over a decade ago ALL of you’d be frothing at the mouth

it’s a lack of empathy for a fellow human but I guess I’m not surprised after yesterday/last few months

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Some of you make it sound like people want Jack to be executed.

It was a stupid comment. There's nothing wrong with thinking that. It doesn't mean you're super sensitive or perpetually offended if you think that Jack crossed a line

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Some of you make it sound like people want Jack to be executed.

It was a stupid comment. There's nothing wrong with thinking that. It doesn't mean you're super sensitive or perpetually offended if you think that Jack crossed a line

Some people just don’t care about others. It’s sad and incredibly self-centered but it is what it is.

“they’re criticizing MY ANNOUNCER rabble rabble rabble”

It’s like uhhhhhhh.....yeah. He’s being a dick. Kinda deserves whatever happens

Reactions: Maine Fan and lopey

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
People get offended way too easily. Latest target is Jack Edwards it seems. Once the hyenas kill him and consume his corpse, they will just move onto the next thing to be outraged by.

People definitely get offended...or act offended...too easily.

In this case, as with most of the dumb things Edwards says, I don’t think it is so much that he’s “offending” many of the posters here Who call him out. It’s more that he’s saying stupid, unprofessional and embarrassing stuff that does not align with how we want the team represented.

For me it’s a little like Marchand with the kisses, etc...I was like wtf man, love ya as a player but jesus, you embarrass the organization with that crap.

Same with Jack in my eyes. To be clear I hate the overly PC attitudes we face all too often these days. But still, Be a pro, call the game, and guess what? you can be colorful without sounding like an idiot sometimes both in and out of the games.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
For me

1. Sycho Sid Vicious
2. Willis McGahee
3. Gordon Hayward

I think Anderson Silva and Sid got a reaction out of me more than any other. Basically, any injury where your limb is seemingly only hanging onto your body by your skin will do it for me.

Ventura sliding into home and Moises Alou were brutal too. Any time you're facing east but your foot facing west, it's not good

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Anderson Silva and Sid got a reaction out of me more than any other. Basically, any injury where your limb is seemingly only hanging onto your body by your skin will do it for me.

Ventura sliding into home and Moises Alou were brutal too. Any time you're facing east but your foot facing west, it's not good

Hayward for me because he was holding his dangling leg like he stepped on a land mine or something and that added to the nausea for me

I was concerned he’d never play again let alone get back to the level he’s at now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad