Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - In Jaroslav We Trust ( just stay in the net) B's 3 - Canes 1 F - B's lead series 2-1

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I mean what in the hell is going on in this world.

Jack called it unfortunate and also acknowledged no one wants to see a player get hurt, but then went on to tell the truth about what happened.. Svechnikov was trying to go man to man with chara and got hurt in the process.

Nothing about that is inaccurate. Now if people's panties are twisted because of "poke the bear", get over yourself and grow thicker skin. Jesus, we are turning into a world of emotional cripples.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I mean what in the hell is going on in this world.

Jack called it unfortunate and also acknowledged no one wants to see a player get hurt, but then went on to tell the truth about what happened.. Svechnikov was trying to go man to man with chara and got hurt in the process.

Nothing about that is inaccurate. Now if people's panties are twisted because of "poke the bear", get over yourself and grow thicker skin. Jesus, we are turning into a world of emotional cripples.

Gotta disagree. As I said earlier, hockey players on both sides tap their sticks for an injured player, especially an obvious injury. Jack had the luxury of seeing the horrible replay, and he still tweeted. Jack just should've shut his mouth and tapped his stick.

Reactions: CDJ

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Gotta disagree. As I said earlier, hockey players on both sides tap their sticks for an injured player, especially an obvious injury. Jack had the luxury of seeing the horrible replay, and he still tweeted. Jack just should've shut his mouth and tapped his stick.

Yea. Def seeing it different.

If a commentator can't get into how and why an injury happened then why have them there at all. ESPECIALLY if you spent the time and effort to acknowledge how unfortunate it is.

I'm gonna go back to when dan hamhius went for a big hit on lucic and blew his testicle. And the play by play guy talked about how it was a bad idea to go after a guy like lucic. Thats a bad thing?

Reactions: Gordoff and minpind

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yea. Def seeing it different.

If a commentator can't get into how and why an injury happened then why have them there at all. ESPECIALLY if you spent the time and effort to acknowledge how unfortunate it is.

I'm gonna go back to when dan hamhius went for a big hit on lucic and blew his testicle. And the play by play guy talked about how it was a bad idea to go after a guy like lucic. Thats a bad thing?

Agree to disagree. No harm done.

Reactions: CamFan81

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Do you think Cassidy will go with Legace over Darth due to Manny having some NHL experience
It's definitely possible.

I think it depends on where the series is at. 3-1 maybe you give a young goalie a shot. 2-2 you probably start Halak on both games of the back-to-back.

If there is a Game 7 there are 2 days off.

Reactions: Gordoff

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I think there's no way that Vladar or Legace get an actual start without injury or illness to Halak - they're huge question marks when it comes to how they fit with the Bruins in actual NHL-level play. That goes even for B2Bs which is NOT good for us. I don't care if we're up 3-1 before game 5 with a B2B the next day - points are at their most premium.

As far as which one sits on the bench and possibly becomes cannon fodder if we get behind 0-6 - I really couldn't care less. Although I do have one sneaky idea - get both of them on the bench as backup for round 4 for at least one game each if we make it that far. They'd automatically qualify to be engraved on the Cup.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yes, I forgot about him.

upload_2020-8-17_2-54-32.jpeg

remember his little stint with the B’s?

Reactions: Maine Fan

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I know it won’t be popular, but my lines next game...

Marchand Bergeron Coyle

DeBrusk Krejci Kase

Ritchie Kuraly Kuhlman/Studnicka

Nordstrom Lindholm Wagner

Coyle is a monster right now...get him out there with Marchy and Bergeron for a solid 18 minutes or so.

Third line isn’t tremendously talented, but they can grind and forecheck.

Ummm you're right not popular...why would you insert Ritchie ??? after the performance this group of players had?

Reactions: BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thought all the role guys were excellent today. Lindholm and Clifton were both solid and didn’t hurt them.

Bjork was a little unlucky, might see the pine in the next one. Can’t ring up penalties like that unless you’re also lighting the lamp occasionally.

Nice to see Lindholm get some praise....under-appreciated player for the bruins. He's always been solid when called on.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bjork needs to sit

Senyshyn in ( if Pasta is still hurt )

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Stud

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Kase

Kuraly -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

Nordy -- Lindholm -- Wags

Lindholm - solid, unspectacular, but skates hard, isn't soft, and makes good plays 180 feet of the ice.

:thumbu:

I'm okay trying Zach if Pasta isn't ready.

If Pasta is healthy unfortunately it will be Bjork coming out.

It's amazing what Kase has done for Krejci.

Zach should be next in line should bruins go down in forwards. I don't mind Coolman for 4th line duty I hope Ritchie comes back better next season but (if need be) I want to see Zach in top 3 lines.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ummm you're right not popular...why would you insert Ritchie ??? after the performance this group of players had?

Because he hasn't been as bad as people are making it out to be. I've never been a fan of Bjork and he was abyssmal in game 3 and as usual unproductive overall. Unless you count skating fast and having a -0-0-0 with a minus 3 and 3 dumb/lazy penalties as being productive.

Ritchie is a veteran and provides something very few Bruins do -- toughness.

If I have my choice between which of the two will play 8-11 minutes, I'll take Ritchie 100/100.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Because he hasn't been as bad as people are making it out to be. I've never been a fan of Bjork and he was abyssmal in game 3 and as usual unproductive overall. Unless you count skating fast and having a -0-0-0 with a minus 3 and 3 dumb/lazy penalties as being productive.

Ritchie is a veteran and provides something very few Bruins do -- toughness.

If I have my choice between which of the two will play 8-11 minutes, I'll take Ritchie 100/100.

All good agree to disagree on this one.

To me the better line up is Ritchie out of the line up. I keep having Backes flashbacks.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->