Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - In Jaroslav We Trust ( just stay in the net) B's 3 - Canes 1 F - B's lead series 2-1

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The B's took over as the game progessed, but it was all Canes early. And Halak rose to the challenge.

The depth players are working hard. The power play is improving. If the usual production of the top line returns (with or without Pastrnak), I see the B's getting at least to the Conference Final.

Kase looks better each game, and Nordstrom is a physical presence.

Carolina's possession game handles the puck for extended periods, but the B's have done a decent job limiting their high quality chances.

Felt bad for Bjork, but playing on the top line might be beyond him at this stage.

Reactions: BMC and Alan Ryan

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK
I’ll bet you a $25 donation to the Bruins foundation that Bjork is playing in Europe by the end of 2022-2023.

I don't get where all the negativity is coming from. I think he looks pretty good. Obviously today wasn't one of his best efforts, but really - young kid getting a chance on the top line, you telling me you wouldn't have been a little amped up? I think the penalties were more of a factor of him trying to do too much.

If Cassidy is as good a coach as they say he is he'll put him right back up on the top line on Monday. After all, I thought only Julien destroyed the confidence of his young players..

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I agree. I understand the Covid angle, but I imagine the teams and players will all have a darn good idea and will know exactly where to focus their hits on him. It would just be nice to have an idea even in day-to-day or week-to-week sense without having to reveal specifics.
Butch said day to day. He was ruled out yesterday cause he couldn’t get on the ice with an early game.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No agenda but I'm not blind either, I want Bjork to succeed as much as the next guy but all I see is a speed demon that never gets any results. Now I'm not overly comfortable with Stud in the line up (he has all the skills but I'm afraid for him with his slight frame) but he gets and sets up good opportunities every time he plays. Bjork just skates fast, and works very hard but at some point we need results.
I like Bjork and hope he is in and scores a few goals. He seems very skilled to me.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I still believe in Bjork, he and Kase do so many things well, especially Kase, but they just can't score At some point I believe their luck has to change.

Reactions: Ladyfan

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I still believe in Bjork, he and Kase do so many things well, especially Kase, but they just can't score At some point I believe their luck has to change.
This right here is the problem, and has been for years. They can get by a round or 2, but need the secondary scoring to win it all. After Patrice, Brad, DK, Pasta, and Coyle, the scoring is terrible. The other top 6 forwards need to produce, and the D to chip in, if they are going to win it all. DB AND Kase need to start scoring.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think your wrong and also those are different things so how could they possibly be one or the other

Filets are round. Both NY Strips (sirloins) and ribeyes are oblong.

ETA:

Classic_Steak_Sizzle-d8a35063acf0aab7c2dd411ec9d0bd94.jpg

Clockwise from top left, ribeye, NY Strip, filet mignon.

Last edited:

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
People get offended way too easily. Latest target is Jack Edwards it seems. Once the hyenas kill him and consume his corpse, they will just move onto the next thing to be outraged by.

Yup.
I enjoy the game he calls and totally dig Brick.
Jack gets hyper, says some crap.
It's taking a lot to focus on hockey and the playoffs due to all the crap going on....I truly do not need Justice Warriors adding to it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't get where all the negativity is coming from. I think he looks pretty good. Obviously today wasn't one of his best efforts, but really - young kid getting a chance on the top line, you telling me you wouldn't have been a little amped up? I think the penalties were more of a factor of him trying to do too much.

If Cassidy is as good a coach as they say he is he'll put him right back up on the top line on Monday. After all, I thought only Julien destroyed the confidence of his young players..

It’ s the playoffs and the stakes are too high.

I just don’t have any faith that he won’t be a liability like yesterday.

I mean even when he’s not committing 3 penalties he’s still not producing anything and he’s losing board battles left and right.

He’s one of those guys who looks like he’s going to be something but just hasn’t done it yet and I don’t want him auditioning on the top line at such a crucial time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad