Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 4/17 7 PM - Ottawa (1) at BRUINS (1) | NESN, CNBC, SN, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Find a way. It's hard to expect anything getting horrendously unlucky to the injury bug, but we can still pull this off somehow.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am anxious to see who is back in the line-up, hopefully someone. Maybe the Bruins' luck will change and they get stronger and healthier as the playoffs go on. I live in hope.

Playing a game with a full team for an entire game would be helpful.

GO BRUINS!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Set the tone at puck drop, kill Ottawa's momentum off the bat.

Game 2 ended about 7pm my time Saturday, IMO, momentum all done and over with. It`s the Bruins serve, one tough task with M.A.S.H. unit but hopefully some good mojo being back on home ice playing playoff hockey after a 2 year absence will give the boys a boost

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I feel really bad about this game. Looks like everything is not going there way. And after two gutsy performances, this would be the one they far apart.

If this team pulls off this win, I will seriously be amazed.

If they lose, will still be gloomy, but I'll understand.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel really bad about this game. Looks like everything is not going there way. And after two gutsy performances, this would be the one they far apart.

If this team pulls off this win, I will seriously be amazed.

If they lose, will still be gloomy, but I'll understand.

I feel strangely optimistic about this game which makes zero sense as with each passing game the team seems to lose a man off the blueline.

I think they take it tonight and again, strange but I can see this team crushing the Sens this evening

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ve been looking at all media outlets where we`d typically see an announcement of any call-ups and haven`t seen one, does this mean someone on the back end might be able to check back in tonight?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I`ve been looking at all media outlets where we`d typically see an announcement of any call-ups and haven`t seen one, does this mean someone on the back end might be able to check back in tonight?

From what the Ottawa media is saying this morning it could be Colin Miller.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The cousins and I will be there....

LETS GO B'S!!!!!!!!!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Take away Ottawa's point shots, it seems like they are scoring half of their goals on these flukey seeing eye shots.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Take away Ottawa's point shots, it seems like they are scoring half of their goals on these flukey seeing eye shots.

^ This exactly 100% correct. The majority of Ottawa's goals against us seem to come from a point shot that somehow finds its way in the net or gets deflected/tipped in front. The Bruins need to be hard on the point shots and block them from getting through or even attempted , also need to clear the front of the net and let Rask see the shots.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think the Bruins will make adjustments to that in game 3.......that last Dion goal was a little unfortunate because we also had 3 dmen on the ice.

Sens are probably hurting on defense just as much as we are...Boro left after the 1st; Methot is struggling and as well as Karlsson looked on that 3rd period goal (I still think the Bruins gave him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much space to dance on the blueline and were just watching him) I still think if we go after him hard or purposely shoot pucks into his skates, it'll slow him down.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I think the Bruins will make adjustments to that in game 3.......that last Dion goal was a little unfortunate because we also had 3 dmen on the ice.

Sens are probably hurting on defense just as much as we are...Boro left after the 1st; Methot is struggling and as well as Karlsson looked on that 3rd period goal (I still think the Bruins gave him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much space to dance on the blueline and were just watching him) I still think if we go after him hard or purposely shoot pucks into his skates, it'll slow him down.

A part of me also hopes we dress 7 Dmen tonight and sit Beleskey. Allows us to rest some guys who have been forced to play a ton of all purpose minutes by rotating a 7 man unit.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
A part of me also hopes we dress 7 Dmen tonight and sit Beleskey. Allows us to rest some guys who have been forced to play a ton of all purpose minutes by rotating a 7 man unit.

Regardless as to how many dmen we've lost down the stretch, given our group of forwards...we can't take that chance.

We played a Saturday afternoon game, the guys should be rested enough for tonight's game.

I personally thought Belesky would show up this playoffs and at least make some noise with his physical play, but he just likes so slow and he can't keep up with the game anymore.

I know Hayes was useless most of the year, but I still dress him over a 7th dmen.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
^ This exactly 100% correct. The majority of Ottawa's goals against us seem to come from a point shot that somehow finds its way in the net or gets deflected/tipped in front. The Bruins need to be hard on the point shots and block them from getting through or even attempted , also need to clear the front of the net and let Rask see the shots.

Yep it's been there nemesis all season against Sens ,Bruins limited the shots from there first game,but last game Bruins let the Sens fire shots at will from there.Bruins better limit the shots ,put more pressure on the points or there screwed.Also not trying to start a Rask post here ,but man I'm sorry but he just has a hard time tracking any shots from the points.But any way either or ,keep letting Sens have all the time in the world at the point,Bruins won't win another game. Bruins just don't block enough shots ,been watching a lot of the other series guys diving in front off shots,like the 2011 Bruins the Cambells ,Paille Boychuck the list goes on.Just don't know if this team has enough of those kind of players.See a lot of the turn side ways cringing ,oh man don't hit me kind of guys.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Yep it's been there nemesis all season against Sens ,Bruins limited the shots from there first game,but last game Bruins let the Sens fire shots at will from there.Bruins better limit the shots ,put more pressure on the points or there screwed.Also not trying to start a Rask post here ,but man I'm sorry but he just has a hard time tracking any shots from the points.But any way either or ,keep letting Sens have all the time in the world at the point,Bruins won't win another game. Bruins just don't block enough shots ,been watching a lot of the other series guys diving in front off shots,like the 2011 Bruins the Cambells ,Paille Boychuck the list goes on.Just don't know if this team has enough of those kind of players.See a lot of the turn side ways cringing ,oh man don't hit me kind of guys.

IMO, I think people just over-react because he lets in a few goals and think it always happens.

Through out the course of the first 2 playoff games, he has made some remarkable saves through traffic (late save on Hoffman with 10secs left in game 1) yet people tend to forget about those.

There is a reason teams always put 1 guy in front of the net on the PP and its the screen the goalie. 9 times out of 10, the goalie usually stops that puck...but other occasions he just can't see it.

I've blamed Rask for some bad nights this year, but he is the least of our worries this playoffs....considering how bad we've played in the defensive zone, giving up 5 goals in 2 games is beyond good....how about we actually play some better team defense and help him out?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

They have been screening Rask by design and subsequently letting the D let any shot loose from any angle. For sure we have to block shots, but even more important is to clear those damn screens.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Not even close when it comes to the injuries on D, last game when McQuaid got hurt we were missing 4 of our top 6 d-men with 3 of our top 4 guys out. The Senators only lost their #6 men in Boro who if truth be told most Sens fans are delighted that he will now be replaced. Karlsson and Methot may not be 100% but they are more then healthy enough to play. As for Karlsson he should be targeted, he always takes a hissy fit when hit hard, on occasion I would even send in 2 guys after him to ensure that he is hit, without him they are nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad