Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2 F - Series tied 1-1

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Frustrating game.

Enough with Kuhlman. Don’t want to see him anywhere other than press box or 4th line. Poor Coyle saddened with him and Ritchie...

If Pasta can’t go on Saturday, you have to put skills in and the best in line is Stud. Wake up Cassidy.

Bruins are clearly the better team and if it goes beyond game 5, they have only themselves to blame.

Eliminate these Jerks and eject them from the bubble, the sooner the better.

Go Bruins!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I learned years ago to just stay away from the main board. Just not worth my time and energy. And the addition of the "like" feature here just made it worse. Just like on Reddit, there's too many people trying as hard as they can to get a little bit of positive attention

Good advice. In the past I found it entertaining to spar with the silly Leaf fans. Also there were some threads last year with good natured ribbing and food discussion with the other teams. This year, things are different. Too much going on with the world.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I learned years ago to just stay away from the main board. Just not worth my time and energy. And the addition of the "like" feature here just made it worse. Just like on Reddit, there's too many people trying as hard as they can to get a little bit of positive attention
That's basically what I'm getting at as an overall point. I think in general it makes for lazier posts, people fishing for likes. I've always thought of this board as a place where a lot of people are heavily invested in the team and hockey in general, and there's a lot of good discussion that can be had. I think this board has lost a lot of that recently though. This place is still certainly better than Reddit for talking hockey though.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Lol this again. Can disagree all you want with my takes/opinions, but I watch/research the Bruins and hockey in general and put more effort into my posts than almost anyone here. The average post length from the person you're quoting is probably 1 sentence long, but as long as you're posting "go Bruins" every post or just going with whatever the majority of people are posting guess you can't question fandom.

Oh my God. Just stop.

This is just cringey arrogance.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's easy to play that game but at the same time they did have 2 PP goals, and one from someone who wouldn't have been on that unit if he was in.
Haha it’s a Felger & Maz type question. I would say no it wouldn’t have mattered much, maybe at the end of the game when Marchand was surging to tie it.

JoeyBananas

Aug 24, 2018
Frustrating game.

Enough with Kuhlman. Don’t want to see him anywhere other than press box or 4th line. Poor Coyle saddened with him and Ritchie...

If Pasta can’t go on Saturday, you have to put skills in and the best in line is Stud. Wake up Cassidy.

Bruins are clearly the better team and if it goes beyond game 5, they have only themselves to blame.

Eliminate these Jerks and eject them from the bubble, the sooner the better.

Go Bruins!

Exactly! I would absolutely insert Studnicka and Frederic, and sit Kuhlman and Ritchie. He'll probably end up inserting Lindholm instead, because they don't already have enough guys that can't score in the lineup.

Reactions: Gordoff

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Why do people take such an issue with what I'm posting if it's an anonymous message board? We're here to talk hockey, which is exactly what we're doing.

People taking issue probably has something to do with the fact that you outright just said that you were superior to other posters in that you put in more effort than almost anyone.

How are not laughing at yourself as you type that? It’s such a petty thing to say.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
People taking issue probably has something to do with the fact that you outright just said that you were superior to other posters in that you put in more effort than almost anyone.

How are not laughing at yourself as you type that? It’s such a petty thing to say.
Lol what? I'm talking about effort into my posts as it correlates to Bruins fandom. I'm quoting someone saying "I just have no idea why a “fan” like that would ever bother watching a team they apparently hate.....alot." I don't think it's a controversial take to say I put more effort into my posts than most. Question my opinions, I encourage that and like to talk hockey, I just roll my eyes at someone thinking I'm not a Bruins fan because of my posts.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lol what? I'm talking about effort into my posts as it correlates to Bruins fandom. I'm quoting someone saying "I just have no idea why a “fan” like that would ever bother watching a team they apparently hate.....alot." I don't think it's a controversial take to say I put more effort into my posts than most. Question my opinions, I encourage that and like to talk hockey, I just roll my eyes at someone thinking I'm not a Bruins fan because of my posts.

Hey passionate Bruin fans.... go have a beer together and forget about it

umami-and-beer.jpg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As much as I like him, Carlo frustrates me at times. He has so much more potential than a stay at home, chip it out defenseman.
He skates very well for someone 6'5 - wish he would do it more with the puck.
he definitely has it in him. This one always stuck out to me:

That "good weight" that he put on during the break seems fishy though, there's no doubt he looks slow out there. His hands have never been a strength but he's bobbling pucks more than usual too (although everyone kind of is).

Reactions: rocketdan9

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I know people that put far more effort into software engineering than I do, they still can't program their way out of a wet paper bag. Think about that while your nursing that dislocated shoulder you got from patting yourself on the back. Because if your cringe inducing humblebrag multi-posts on the main board are examples of your "effort", then you are trying way too hard.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Pia8988

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Lol this again. Can disagree all you want with my takes/opinions, but I watch/research the Bruins and hockey in general and put more effort into my posts than almost anyone here. The average post length from the person you're quoting is probably 1 sentence long, but as long as you're posting "go Bruins" every post or just going with whatever the majority of people are posting guess you can't question fandom.

Let’s be clear, I have known and read Alicat’s posting for a long time, and I have read some very insightful stuff out of her. This is not the only site in the world where people post. She “one sentences” like any one would when they read something unworthy. Consider it a verbal eyeroll.

I am being 100% sincere and since I barely participate in the discussion around here, I don’t know you or your posting history all that well. However, I read some posts of yours in a different subthread with the Cane fans and I shit you not, my thought was “I thought this dude was a B’s fan, guess he had a change of heart” because you were so nasty about Bruins, how could you possibly like them.

However, I didn’t know I was questioning such a great hockey mind that puts in more research and effort “than everybody else” that he thinks being a contrarian to the hive equates to being a better fan than the rest of us. Sorry, I didn’t know my place.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Didn't mind the game the Bruins played yesterday.
Marchand, Bergys, Mac, Tuukka, Krejci, Nordstrom and Wags all showed up.
However, did not like the prolonged times of being hemmed in due to poor clearing choices.
The other thing was how obvious Kuhlman is over his head for the playoffs and how Debrusk who use to go hard to the net is a far cry from his former self.
Also...there's no replacing Pasta, that was obvious yesterday.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Let’s be clear, I have known and read Alicat’s posting for a long time, and I have read some very insightful stuff out of her. This is not the only site in the world where people post. She “one sentences” like any one would when they read something unworthy. Consider it a verbal eyeroll.

I am being 100% sincere and since I barely participate in the discussion around here, I don’t know you or your posting history all that well. However, I read some posts of yours in a different subthread with the Cane fans and I shit you not, my thought was “I thought this dude was a B’s fan, guess he had a change of heart” because you were so nasty about Bruins, how could you possibly like them.

However, I didn’t know I was questioning such a great hockey mind that puts in more research and effort “than everybody else” that he thinks being a contrarian to the hive equates to being a better fan than the rest of us. Sorry, I didn’t know my place.
So whatever opinion you have of me is based on a few different posts? Lol good to know. These are the only posts I've seen of yours, I'm not gonna judge you on it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What is the matter with you ???

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
However, did not like the prolonged times of being hemmed in due to poor clearing choices.
The other thing was how obvious Kuhlman is over his head for the playoffs and how Debrusk who use to go hard to the net is a far cry from his former self.
He was doing that a lot in the 1st and the whole game in Game 1, he was hunting down loose pucks like crazy. That whole line struggled after the 1st period though

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Carolina is purposely dumping the puck towards Chara/Krug corner. Especially towards Chara corner

Reminds me a bit of the gameplan Leafs tried to pull last playoffs

Cassidy and staff need to find a way to get around this. Especially make them pay with harder hits/finishing hits mid ice after dump ins

Bruins barely finished their check yesterday. All excuse me type finishes. I want to see the boards rattle

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If Bergeron said this we'd be on page 50 of a thread titled "Did aliens abduct Bergeron and replace him with an imposter?"
But Bergy and Tuukka are two very different people so one cannot expect the same from them.

I know some of the team used to read this board and I can picture them all sitting around laughing at some of the foolishness posted here.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Carolina is purposely dumping the puck towards Chara/Krug corner. Especially towards Chara corner

Reminds me a bit of the gameplan Leafs tried to pull last playoffs

Cassidy and staff need to find a way to get around this. Especially make them pay with harder hits/finishing hits mid ice after dump ins

Bruins barely finished their check yesterday. All excuse me type finishes. I want to see the boards rattle
I don't really know how they can with the roster pieces in place. They already have McAvoy with Chara, if there's even a remote possibility of McAvoy retrieving a dump in, he's fishing the puck out of whichever corner it goes into.

Maybe they can switch something up with Grz and the 2nd pair, considering he's the 2nd best D-man on the team for handling the puck in the D-zone and transitioning it out.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
So whatever opinion you have of me is based on a few different posts? Lol good to know. These are the only posts I've seen of yours, I'm not gonna judge you on it.

I am just pointing out I read some stuff of yours and I couldn’t believe you were a Bruins fan. I mean look dude, there’s constructive criticism and every team deserves that but I wouldn’t call what you posted with some Cane fans as constructive criticism as I would call it a wanna be Mini Felger, topped off with a little Shaunessy.

But now you top it off with a “ I put more thought and effort than anyone else” and now I wonder why I even asked. Oh wait, I didn’t I was talking to Alicat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad