Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2 F - Series tied 1-1

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The amount of holding carolina did was out of control. Watch the last faceoff. Bergeron beats Aho and then Aho grabs Bergeron and doesn't let go until it's over.

But good call on the phantom elbow and the unsportsmanlike on Lauzon. Maybe call one of the hits in the numbers next time?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Jack Studnicka.

He looked great with Krejci and DeBrusk. Him with Coyle would be a good line. Coyle is carrying that line. Ritchie cannot keep up.

#FreeStud

Hopefully... as long as Ritchie sits I dont really care who replaces him

Canes way too fast for him

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Yea they were pretty poor 5v5 tonight after being real good last game. We missed Pasta. I am shocked Studnicka didn't get the call. Can't replace skill with a fast 4th liner

No idea what this teams infatuation with Kulhman seems to be. Give studnicka a chance, please.

They can even keep Kulhman in and scratch ritchie, even better!

Reactions: TwineTickler

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
There were 2 like 5ish minute lulls that the Canes buried their chances on. Overall I thought it was a decent game, not nearly as good as the 1st game though. First line still was good without Pasta, and McAvoy has been straight up exceptional.

I think regardless of whether Pastrnak is out long term, they need to inject something different on the 3rd line. Coyle is on his own island out there.

The Krejci line had a great start but struggles the last 40.

Krug and Carlo had really bad games.

Starting to get pretty frustrated with Rask, just have to ride it out with him though.
Put Bjork back on the 3rd and Studs (or me) on the 1st.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I am sure I am not the only one who noticed that the goal scorers were all shooting crossbar on Rask.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Watching Dougie get the game winner certainly stings, but I'm sticking with Bruins in 6. I hope they learned their lesson about coasting for various portions of the game.

Also, they're significantly older than Carolina, so you could see they were suffering more from the back-to-back.

Reactions: Grimey and trenton1

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
ZGPWd7Y.png

f*** canes

"I can punch harder than Ovi."

Reactions: bruins19

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Don't they always? It's always their lack of finish that gets them. I know it's tautological, but when they finish they win. So just F*****g FINISH!
What was that stat from last game thread?

15-0 or 15-1 when scoring 3+
And like 1-22 when scoring 2 or less in the last 2 years?

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
You can tell Rask wasn't too happy about all those D giveaways and the rest of the team read his body language and kind of got befuddled.
All six goals are on Chara lol . I think he will have an elite game and steal one. Being good or not his fault won’t cut it. That’s a phase for Reimer

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Put Bjork back on the 3rd and Studs (or me) on the 1st.
I wouldn't mind either but no way Cassidy just all of a sudden puts Stud on the 1st line. Feel like he could do:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Studnicka
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Then Bjork to Ritchie's spot and Ritchie out of the line-up if Pasta comes back.

Reactions: BTO and Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins in 5. We completely ran them out of the arena and that was without our best forward. Unfortunately refs bought Brindabitch's whining and handed them a PP that shifted momentum and turned a 1-0 game quickly into a 2-1 game, then let them hold, hook, slash, and interfere on every play in the final 3 minutes to keep it 3-2.

Keep the effort they showed late in the third going and we'll crush them.

I think this goes to 6

Canes remind me of CBJ

They are big and forcheck hard

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Really wish Krejci buried that breakaway. There was so much room up high and he saw it too. Just got it too high

Reactions: TwineTickler

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The Bruins got outplayed after the middle of the second. From the 4 on 4 on. No excuses man. It’s that simple. Refs didn’t make them lose. They have better scorers and the Bruins only scorer was out. They capitalized on mistakes. Hamilton’s shot was a bullet.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins in 5. We completely ran them out of the arena and that was without our best forward. Unfortunately refs bought Brindabitch's whining and handed them a PP that shifted momentum and turned a 1-0 game quickly into a 2-1 game, then let them hold, hook, slash, and interfere on every play in the final 3 minutes to keep it 3-2.

Keep the effort they showed late in the third going and we'll crush them.

Terrible read on what really happened.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Watching Dougie get the game winner certainly stings, but I'm sticking with Bruins in 6. I hope they learned their lesson about coasting for various portions of the game.

Also, they're significantly older than Carolina, so you could see they were suffering more from the back-to-back.
Why? No one even thinks about Hamilton. He's a nothing loser who wanted out to be with his mommy.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don't they always? It's always their lack of finish that gets them. I know it's tautological, but when they finish they win. So just F*****g FINISH!
It’s the type of player that they draft. 2 way player. They need to draft snipers once in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad