Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 2 THE BEAR was poked and Toronto paid dearly - BRUINS 4 TML 1 - Series Tied 1-1

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Calling that game "out of control" is absurd. It was a physical playoff game and one guy lost in near the end. Good grief.

It’s the only way leaf fans can rationalize why they lost and why kadri did what he did

Classic deflection and excuse making. It’s like when some one abuses their partner “look what you made me do!” refusal to accept responsibility and reflect on they can change

Most leafs fans on this board are pathetic, they can’t lose with dignity. Their entire board right now is one echo chamber of moaning about how the refs let too much go in the playoffs and the refs play for the Bruins and what about isms featuring debrusk. Reminds me of Vancouver in 2011

I hope we take the next two and then rout them back in Boston

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Try to remain calm when I ask this, because I’m merely intellectually curious - but, even if legal by the letter of the law, was 74’s hit on Marleau clean?

If someone did that to our version of Marleau in 37, would we feel differently?
This was a nothing hit, somehting that happens dozens of times a game. It just happened to occur right at the stanchion. Nothing dirty in the slightest aout it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
"Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety."

"Offered?" What is this "offered" s***? The NHL its DoPS is horse patooty. If he gets a game less than 5 it's criminal. I suspect/expect the NHL in its stupidity and backwards nonsensical thinking to maybe give him 1-3 because I have faith in the NHL to always screw it up!
Offered because he doesn’t have to take them up on it. In-person offer is necessary to give him 5+ games (maybe it’s 6+, I’m not sure). Either way it’s good because it means the potential for a big number of games. Whether Kadri accepts and shows up is now irrelevant. Doesn’t now matter whether he talks to them in person, on phone, or not at all. He’s now eligible for a big and deserved hit and I think he’ll get it.

Next time, and I fully expect there will be a next time, he’ll be in Raffi Torres territory.

No conspiracy here.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Reading leafs board. I can’t even.... do they understand hitting is allowed.

Not hard hitting it sounds like

they won't let go of Pasta hit on Muzzin

yes he did jump on him a bit. But it wasn't a head shot.... and got 2 min for it

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watch him only get a game, thanks to the Kucherov boarding hit only getting one.
Its an in person hearing.Trust me that is not happening.He is a 5 time offender now.That guy is getting at least 5.What kind of message would the League be showing to let a repeat offender get away with blatant intent to injure with crosscheck to head?This is coming tomorrow and it hurts the Leafs centre depth bigtime.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Why. He is that injured?

My understanding is that Miller's game has improved, and that at his best, he's an effective third pairing D.

I like the guy but he's *always* that injured, partly because of the way he plays. Not to be callous, but if he can't stay healthy, he isn't much good to the Bruins.

At the end of the regular season, I forget who they were playing, but a B's player was clocked and Miller did nothing. I also don't know how one can expect a guy who has had a separated shoulder to be your "enforcer."

Reactions: nords1995

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
D4FVYLEWkAAYopH.jpg:large

"Can I help you up?"

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety."

"Offered?" What is this "offered" s***? The NHL its DoPS is horse patooty. If he gets a game less than 5 it's criminal. I suspect/expect the NHL in its stupidity and backwards nonsensical thinking to maybe give him 1-3 because I have faith in the NHL to always screw it up!
Shanahan make a call - of course

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Some of the leafs fans on this site make the Bruins sound like a group of super villains and international hitmen. I almost wish we were as big and bad as they think we are lol

The main board is... something. There's fans of every stripe bitching non stop about dirty hits, charges (on clean hits), trips, slashes, calling for suspensions left and right. Like what sport do you people want to be watching? Then in the same breath they complain about the league trying to take contact out of the game.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The main board is... something. There's fans of every stripe *****ing non stop about dirty hits, charges (on clean hits), trips, slashes, calling for suspensions left and right. Like what sport do you people want to be watching? Then in the same breath they complain about the league trying to take contact out of the game.

Par for the course. Been happening for years. If we win and play Columbus you'll see silence bc it's a small hockey market

Reactions: Strafer

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
The other thing that bugged me about that Kadri crosscheck on Debrusk was afterwards when Kadri kept trying to purposefully fall on top of Debrusk. Chara puled him away about 3 times but Kadri kept "accidentally" falling back on top of the fallen player, eventually landing on him and staying there.

If Debrusk had had a serious head/neck injury, having Kadri fall on top of him like that could have made it much worse. Chara should have just grabbed him, not let go, and then slammed him down on the ice away from Jake.

Such a dirty little puke.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
seems obvious at least that if he has a hearing in NY tomorrow, he is probably not playing later that day in Toronto. I'm guessing five games; more if he didn't go to the hearing.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The main board is... something. There's fans of every stripe *****ing non stop about dirty hits, charges (on clean hits), trips, slashes, calling for suspensions left and right. Like what sport do you people want to be watching? Then in the same breath they complain about the league trying to take contact out of the game.

And so it goes.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I dont know what is worse: the crosscheck or the Toronto media making excuses for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad